Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Dlss problem

Hi.
I'm sorry if this isn't the right section to post in.
I'd like to figure out how to activate the DLSS. I can't do it and I'd like to figure out if it's a technical problem or something.
In the settings I see the following items:
1 CMAA2
2 TAA checkerboard
3 TAA
4 Upscaling TAA and FidelityFX
5 Sharpening TAA and FidelityFX

I play 2K@165 hz, full screen and without vsycn with anisotropic filter x16. dx12 with a 2080Ti.
How do I activate the dlss?

Thanks.

Edited by Matu94

On 4/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, Matu94 said:

Hi.
I'm sorry if this isn't the right section to post in.
I'd like to figure out how to activate the DLSS. I can't do it and I'd like to figure out if it's a technical problem or something.
In the settings I see the following items:
1 CMAA2
2 TAA checkerboard
3 TAA
4 Upscaling TAA and FidelityFX
5 Sharpening TAA and FidelityFX

I play 2K@165 hz, full screen and without vsycn with anisotropic filter x16. dx12 with a 2080Ti.
How do I activate the dlss?

Thanks.

Hi Matu,

DLSS is added to games by developers on a 'game by game' basis, it isn't a catch all AA solution like TAA or SMAA etc. 

F12019 doesn't support DLSS nor would it likely need to as I think the engine taps out at around 140/150fps anyway, not sure. Besides, you're running a 2080ti and I can max it out with my 2070super so just crank up the settings and go racing! :classic_biggrin:

Is the game still working for you? Some people, myself included haven't been able to play at all thanks to the last 2 nvidia driver updates, consider avoiding those if you haven't updated already.

Cheers!

• Agree 2

It's no coincidence that DLSS 2.0 support was added to 445.75 and higher. This probably caused the issue with F1 2019.

But yeah DLSS has to be implemented / enabled by Codemasters; before anyone starts, it's not a bug. It's an unsupported feature (like VR).

• Agree 2

Yeah, I've been having crash problems since the last update.

Anyway, I read that they introduced the dlss.
But in the past days I also learned that on the 2080Ti the dlss can only be activated by playing in 4K. So I, playing in 2k, can't activate it on any game.
However I play with the settings at maximum, I wanted to try the dlss just out of curiosity.
I'll do it if one day nvdia should ever enable it on 2080ti with the various resolutions.

Thank you both.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Matu94 said:

Yeah, I've been having crash problems since the last update.

Anyway, I read that they introduced the dlss.
But in the past days I also learned that on the 2080Ti the dlss can only be activated by playing in 4K. So I, playing in 2k, can't activate it on any game.
However I play with the settings at maximum, I wanted to try the dlss just out of curiosity.
I'll do it if one day nvdia should ever enable it on 2080ti with the various resolutions.

Thank you both.

Hey Matu, 

DLSS has actually been around since the beginning of RTX but the visual quality wasn't great until DLSS 2.0 launched with the previous nvidia driver revision. 

You can actually use DLSS across a range of resolutions in titles that use it. If you want to play around with DLSS the best title to try it with would probably be "control" by remedy, you can even push your 2080ti with that and it's a really good game too. 

Alternatively you can give wolfenstein young blood a try or the new Minecraft RTX beta, the latter of which will also let you really push your hardware. 

Happy gaming 👍 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheRichie2k19 said:

Hey Matu, 

DLSS has actually been around since the beginning of RTX but the visual quality wasn't great until DLSS 2.0 launched with the previous nvidia driver revision. 

You can actually use DLSS across a range of resolutions in titles that use it. If you want to play around with DLSS the best title to try it with would probably be "control" by remedy, you can even push your 2080ti with that and it's a really good game too. 

Alternatively you can give wolfenstein young blood a try or the new Minecraft RTX beta, the latter of which will also let you really push your hardware. 

Happy gaming 👍  

Perfect, thanks. Have a happy game too.

2 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

I'm sure that the op already knew this, he just posted to see how many "wow what a great pc you have" posts he could get lol

Yeah sure. It's my life's purpose.
What's yours? To fill the forums with pointless and meaningless answers?

Edited by Matu94
  • Like 2