Sign in to follow this  

Weather forecast in career mode is wrong

The weather forecast in the career mode messages folder is wrong.

I do 25% races, but the graphic showing when rain will be doesn't seem to be scaled to race distances.

Ahead of the Azerbaijan GP, it said that the race would be dry until the end, when there would be light rain (the first six of the seven slots were dry). I had a terrible qualifying in the rain and would be starting the race in 17th. I started on medium tyres as I thought it would rain and that I could potentially avoid pitting, as the rule on using two dry compounds wouldn't be enforced. I also knew that the AI cars would be starting on softs, so they would have to pit halfway through to go onto mediums. 

As it turned out, there was no rain, so I had to pit on the penultimate lap. I was 2nd when I pitted and came out in 7th, so I didn't do too badly in the end, but if I can't trust the forecast given to me at the start of a weekend, I can't plan my strategy.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Rain always come early compared to the weather forecast from Jeff in many career modes.

Weather forecasts aren't quite accurate and when light rain is forecast at the end of a race, you need to take it with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by zon1bzh
Forgot words

What planet do you live on? when was the weather forecast ever correct? :D

Look back at German GP 2019, todays F1 Teams have so many data and so much equipment....and what is the result?!

• Agree 2

There's honestly nothing wrong with the forecast being inaccurate. Having a rough window to estimate when it happens is already an advantage for the player because all the AI does is swap over once DRS gets disabled (which is always the indicator that you're supposed to switch, anyway)

• Agree 2

In F1 2012 there is sometimes "light rain near the end of the race" which doesn't necessitate going onto mediums or wets, but instead you just have to deal with it and drive really accurately.  It's a way to spice up the end of the race a bit.