DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt Daily Thread

tbtstt said:
And the Group B Quattro keeps not being for sale in classifieds, so I still can't participate in owners' club daily.

I don't like this system.
I have seen it a few times (on PS4), but never with all "B" parts as with the other livery cars. 
Yeah I bought it long ago, upgraded it myself. I seriously doubt there is one with all B parts.

tbtstt said:
And the Group B Quattro keeps not being for sale in classifieds, so I still can't participate in owners' club daily.

I don't like this system.
I have seen it a few times (on PS4), but never with all "B" parts as with the other livery cars. 
Yeah I bought it long ago, upgraded it myself. I seriously doubt there is one with all B parts.
I finally gave up waiting last night and bought a "regular" one and upgraded it!

Finally two dailies without crashing!

Rather defensive driving on both of them.

Lancia in australia: Had a hard time deciding between 3rd and 4th in the Lancia, so was on the wrong gear a bunch of times, and not aggressive enough cornering. About 22 seconds down on Joona, so fairly well for being me :-)

Delta daily in Aus: Went for the Focus '07, since I loved it in DR but haven't really gotten to grips with it in D4 yet. Drove _very_ carefully, didn't dare trust the pace notes over any blind crests with the speed you can hold in that car. So early braking pretty much all the time. Got through cleanly which was my goal, and about 28 seconds down on Joona in the lead so was OK time for being that careful.

Dytut said:
Finally two dailies without crashing!
Same.

I was pushing in a few sectors on the Fulvia daily, but main goal was keeping it clean, and I was rewarded with an undamaged car at the end of the stage.

I picked the 2001 Focus for the other daily. Couldn't get to grips with its handling despite altering 99% of its setup values; it simply was not predictable in medium and slow corners... which, of course, were plentiful throughout the stage. I nursed it through and was again rewarded with an undamaged car.

Hmm.. Focus 2001 daily in Australia. Weird one, i was doing Fulvia/Australia career stages before trying the Focus daily and for some reason with the Focus particles were suddenly an issue for my FPS on Ultra low preset? Really? Absolutely threw me off rhythm as ANY drift dropped me from 60 FPS to 40, destroying my ability to end the drifts properly and that was at 1280x960 resolution. :X

Snaky115 said:
Hmm.. Focus 2001 daily in Australia. Weird one, i was doing Fulvia/Australia career stages before trying the Focus daily and for some reason with the Focus particles were suddenly an issue for my FPS on Ultra low preset? Really? Absolutely threw me off rhythm as ANY drift dropped me from 60 FPS to 40, destroying my ability to end the drifts properly and that was at 1280x960 resolution. :X
Drift? All I had was understeer mixed with random snap oversteer. How can you possibly maintain a slide?

Snaky115 said:
Drift? All I had was understeer mixed with random snap oversteer. How can you possibly maintain a slide?
Gamer mode, i am NOT going to deal with the Sim handling BS the game throws at you. :D

Snaky115 said:
Snaky115 said:
Gamer mode, i am NOT going to deal with the Sim handling BS the game throws at you. :D
Well that's one way to deal with it, or not lol. I'd be right there with you if gamer mode didn't completely wash out each car's individual handling characteristics.

Snaky115 said:
Oh? I felt like I had to manage oversteer all the time with it.

Dytut said:
Snaky115 said:
Oh? I felt like I had to manage oversteer all the time with it.
It feels poo to drive to me.

I'm so fucking tired of the update process in this game. Was about to do the dailys but no. There was an update waiting, and it takes FOREVER even though it's a small file.

FU

bogani said:
I'm so **** tired of the update process in this game. Was about to do the dailys but no. There was an update waiting, and it takes FOREVER even though it's a small file.

FU
Yeah don't know what's up with that. Allocating this, updating that. I'm getting near 60 mb/s download speed with my new internet, but even then it takes 20 mins to download a 510 mb update... for some reason.

Anyway.

Daily 1: Mini Cooper, Michigan. Was going hard until my monitor went black... I was quick to hit ESC and wait for the monitor to unfuck itself. After that all rhythm was gone. Pretty useless time as a result, I'd wager.

Daily 2: Fiesta R5, Spain. In thick fog. No point trying to go quickly. Just going through at granny speed. I couldn't see anything at all.

Today's dailies were fun. Especially the one with the Mini. Just going on the limiter through the stage and slightly slowing down for the junctions. Somehow super satisfying when you get a corner right with that car. No major mistakes with that, just went for a too small gear in a couple of places.

The Fiesta daily on the other hand wasn't that fun. The conditions were horrible. I was really lucky to survive a few moments on there. Luckily I made it through with a car that was (mostly) fine. 

I may be leaving this in the wrong place but this is literally driving me mad. I have tried every fix available ive found on the net and nothing seems to work. Dirt Rally will NOT save my progress. No matter what I try, fresh install, burning incense, voodoo dolls, nothing works!!! What is going on!?!?!?! 

In all seriousness, staring a thread in /r/dirtgame with "rubbish" somewhere on the title seems to be the best way of getting a Community Manager's attention for this sort of thing. 

Ugh. The delta daily today. The flaws of the tarmac physics makes me sad. No amount of setup fiddling can make this surface feel good in these cars. :( It's all "hurr durr i'm a car turned hovercraft durr".

My run through was absolute dung as a result. One of my worst runs in a daily event.

Ugh. The delta daily today. The flaws of the tarmac physics makes me sad. No amount of setup fiddling can make this surface feel good in these cars. :( It's all "hurr durr i'm a car turned hovercraft durr".

My run through was absolute dung as a result. One of my worst runs in a daily event.
Yep. You basically feel like you steer with the rear wheels. The front and rear never feels like they align. I really cant figure out how they can make it feel so bad? There must be something fundamentally wrong deep within the physics. This is no grip issue.

Funny thing is driving the tarmac sections on gravel tires in Dirtfish does not give you the strange crabbing sensations you feel in Spain.

Daily 1: Focus 2001, Wales - Joona warned me of understeer, but I didn't think it'be this bad. Christ on a stick this thing was awkward to put into corners. I also had a wee moment, as you can see:

Daily 2: .... remind me again the point of these 3 km stages? So stupid.

didn't have a great run on the focus in spain yesterday, I can't handle that things stock tune on asphalt and couldn't replicate my desired setup with the 40 skill engineers provided.

today was a bit better though, perhaps if there's going to be 3KM stages they should be daily 2-4 stage runs?

I gave up trying to tune the 2001 Focus. Bummed since it was one of my most driven cars in DiRT Rally.
What I really want is a FWD version, the SVT.

It feels like you are surfing the underside of the car through the whole stage when driving the 2001 Focus.. and understeer bonanza yes.

Yeah holy hells that Focus understeered in Wales. Was incredibly hard to push even the slightest, felt like it understeered in every way possible.  

Damn, only 3rd and 4th gear are remotely useable in the Mini, and still you always feel like you are in the wrong gear!

bogani said:
Damn, only 3rd and 4th gear are remotely useable in the Mini, and still you always feel like you are in the wrong gear!
Indeed. I wish they'd make first gear usable as well, not walking pace. :(

Daily 1: Mini Cooper S, Australia - as Bogani pointed out, only 3rd and 4th gear even remotely useful. I drove through as quickly as I dared though, without risking a wreck.

Daily 2: The owners club, in the BMW M3 E30. Meaning I can set it up to my liking. I am happy to report that I was sideways in almost every single corner with my setup. Constant work with the wheel and throttle to keep the butt in check. I loved every kilometer of this daily. I wish it had lasted longer.

Yeah the BMW is great fun to drive, so it's even more of a shame that it's not practical to use it against the AI :(