DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt Daily Thread

Daily 1: Struggling in 4th, shift down to 3rd and instantly hit the rev limiter :-P Also made an excursion into the forest and lost 10 seconds there.

Daily 2: First time driving the M3 in D4. Couldn't be arsed to spend time setting it up, so just changed the gearing (dafuq is first gear supposed to be anyways?) and set off. Struggled a bit with front end grip, but was quite fun to drive :-)

Daily 1: RX in the Group B's. I gave it a whirl. Understeer, understeer, understeer. I know, it's setup to cater for ..............new people, but come on. Infuriating to drive. Top 100?

Speaking of infuriating.

Daily 2: Metro, Australia. Monitor cutting out once more mid-run. Lost my groove. Hit ESC. Wait for the monitor to unfuck itself. Then I got a late note for a hairpin left after a fast section. Overshot. What's even the point proceeding.

HDMI cable is very wobbly; both into the graphics card and the monitor. I don't know why it is like this. There's literally nothing I can do but hope that the wheel vibrations don't cause it to cut out when driving.

Daily was a DNF for me. This setup on the car is undrivable. Spin while braking, turning ect... 

Daily 1: RX in the Group B's. I gave it a whirl. Understeer, understeer, understeer. I know, it's setup to cater for ..............new people, but come on. Infuriating to drive. Top 100?

Speaking of infuriating.

Daily 2: Metro, Australia. Monitor cutting out once more mid-run. Lost my groove. Hit ESC. Wait for the monitor to unfuck itself. Then I got a late note for a hairpin left after a fast section. Overshot. What's even the point proceeding.

HDMI cable is very wobbly; both into the graphics card and the monitor. I don't know why it is like this. There's literally nothing I can do but hope that the wheel vibrations don't cause it to cut out when driving.
I got caught out by that hairpin aswell. And also managed to mess up on two corners and touch the fence, so about 30 seconds lost in total. Meeeeh. Kinda fun car to drive though, hadn't tried it before.

My run on the Metro in Australia felt glorious, aside from a really bad screwup at a hairpin where I went in and out of a fence, actually I don't think I ended up with any late calls on this stage, could possibly be that I've gotten used to pre-emptively limiting my speed on long straights because I have had a tendency to not correctly respond properly for hairpins, even when they get called on time.
I somewhat doubt it's your wheel rattling it out.. does this happen only when playing games with the wheel or anytime? any other inputs on the back of the monitor you could test with?

nbates66 said:

I somewhat doubt it's your wheel rattling it out.. does this happen only when playing games with the wheel or anytime? any other inputs on the back of the monitor you could test with?
It's not rattling anything out.

The HDMI cable is wobbly. The wheel vibrating causes the monitor to flicker on and off randomly. Pulling the cable out to reattach has no effect. Still wobbly.

Oh look. An easy daily. Integrale in Sweden.

Monitor cuts out twice.

I will now proceed to throw it into the wall with a lot of force.

Oh look. An easy daily. Integrale in Sweden.

Monitor cuts out twice.

I will now proceed to throw it into the wall with a lot of force.
ouch.

If it isn't the cable but the monitor HDMI port then go for warranty fix, if out of warranty then a TV repair shop might be able to replace the HDMI port.

Had a go at daily 2. Monitor didn't die during shakedown, so I started the stage. It died less than 200 meters from the start, of course. I hit ESC. Waited for it to unfuck itself. Unpaused. 180 kph into a bank.

Now my monitor is six dents richer.

Motherfucking c-word.

Integrale in Sweden, I was flying in this one. Hit a bank early but nothing major. Later though I pushed too hard through a right 4, left 5 and spun 180. Only 2 corners from the finish aaarrgghh!
Could've been one of my best leaderboard finishes ever as I finished 9th.
Aussie daily was fun. I could fling that car into corners pretty well & get the back end out.

Hadn't played DiRT Rally in a really long time, opened the game and went straight for the dailies. 037 on Monte Carlo - 21st out of 1076. Guess I still got it :D 

Had to drive todays dailies without FFB. At least the monitor didn't disconnect randomly, but it led to some interesting moments on daily 2... such as this:

leading to this:

...which basically blew any chances of setting a decent time. Top 50?

Daily 1 was a bit better. Just one particular corner where Jen felt the need to tell me that it tightened as I was already in the corner. Luckily there was a guard rail on the outside.

Gave the landrush daily a go. I shouldn't have. The AI is fucking retarded. They push and shove and somehow manages to tangle their own fucking car in mine. Why are they even there? It's a race against people, not mentally challenged c*nts.

The delta daily I managed to wreck after getting tricked by the notes for the 5093rd time. Not that I managed to make the car feel drivable with the sketchy tarmac physics anyway.

Yup, many crashes in Michigan with the M3.

It gets pretty obvious what is up with the grip levels in D4. You have grip that make the car understeer until the point the rear wheels have zero grip spinning freely. There is no in between. No progressive grip that lets you play with the throttle.

DR did such a good job with the RWD cars. I'm gutted they are nowhere near as awesome in D4 :(

Yep, the default setup of the M3 in Michigan really accentuates the problem. Horrible combination to drive.

bogani said:
Yup, many crashes in Michigan with the M3.

It gets pretty obvious what is up with the grip levels in D4. You have grip that make the car understeer until the point the rear wheels have zero grip spinning freely. There is no in between. No progressive grip that lets you play with the throttle.

DR did such a good job with the RWD cars. I'm gutted they are nowhere near as awesome in D4 :(

Dytut said:
Yep, the default setup of the M3 in Michigan really accentuates the problem. Horrible combination to drive.
Spot on.

I couldn't push the BMW because I didn't know whether it was going to under or oversteer, so I just kinda... steered.

The Alpine in daily 2 felt ok, but my driving was so awful that I didn't even bother recording it.

Fiat daily was crap.

Focus daily = death. Had a sweet, near perfect setup - which I thought couldn't surprise me. The run was ruined by a late note, which caused a halfspin, and when trying to push to claw back a little time, the sketchy physics came into play.

I might just stop doing dailies until the notes are fixed. I can deal with the shortcomings of the physics, mostly. But I've had too many runs ruined by retarded notes.

Fiat daily was crap.

Focus daily = death. Had a sweet, near perfect setup - which I thought couldn't surprise me. The run was ruined by a late note, which caused a halfspin, and when trying to push to claw back a little time, the sketchy physics came into play.

I might just stop doing dailies until the notes are fixed. I can deal with the shortcomings of the physics, mostly. But I've had too many runs ruined by retarded notes.
They never fixed the notes in Dirt rally so I don't expect them to fix Dirt 4 - you could always try driving a little slower :smiley:

Putting an end to my dailies here.

Sick of these notes. Daily 1 ruined, daily 2 wrecked because of - you guessed it. Notes.

EDIT: I decided to give dailies another shot, as I had nothing better to do. I set the notes a lot later as well because I wasn't in the mood to memorize stuff. Worked better than expected. I finished both daily events in Sweden.

Manta/Fog Patches. You say Fog Patches but the entire 6 minutes are Full fog, with only like 5 meter visibility for first half and 10m for second. Stop lying to me D4.

EDIT, i actually WON the Gamer/Opel Adam/Wales daily with a broken right wrist.. wow... 

Failed both daily events because the cars acted the direct opposite of the way they're supposed to.

The tarmac is ****ing dreadful though, by far the biggest letdown for me. I can with 100% certainty say that Rally Masters released in 2000 (and labeled a simcade by its developers) has a much more realistic tarmac handling. This hovercraft pile of rancid poo has no place in a modern rally game. There, rant over.

Keyboard player in Rally Masters, look how fun tarmac can be with simcade physics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp0Ri8Zvkho

Mhm, Pikes Peak.. My top speed up Colorado hill: 147mph (default); A Canadians top speed up Colorado hill: 161mph (not default). I suppose DR challenges will remain bugged until doomsday.

After a couple of month pause from DiRT Rally, decided to do the dailies. Currently 7th of 217 in the Greece daily (and that's with a bit sloppy driving) and 3rd out of 63 in the wager. Guess I still got it :D