Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dirt Daily Thread

Well todays daily was very entertaining! I did two practice runs offline first to get accustomed to the BMW since I've only driven 4WD cars as of late. Then, once I actually started the daily, the car felt vastly different! I must have had a preset setup for it when practicing. Still, a fully upgraded BMW M3, night, mist, Monte Carlo... what could go wrong? Well, I made sure nothing did! Not really pushing, but not exactly a sunday drive either. The time didn't turn out half bad!

Best of luck to everyone!

I was terrible through the snow, which is usually where I'm fastest. I was in 8th, but there were only 28 entries at that point

I'm not a big fan of RWD cars, and my strongest point isn't snow and ice, so I had to do some practice to get today's daily under controle, but I managed to still finish in the top tier, so I'm pretty satisfied :smile: 

Terrible run. I ended up on a wall with all wheels in the air. RWD and tarmac is one of the weaker things in Dirt Rally imo.

Sorry to hear of your rotten luck, bogani. :( The RWD cars do need a little more work, I agree.

Sorry to hear of your rotten luck, bogani. :( The RWD cars do need a little more work, I agree.
I like RWD on gravel, but they really suffer on Montes tarmac where grip is a bit too high.

Disappointed to miss out on the DiRT daily with the M3. I love that car! But I was out filming some real rallying, as you can see here -

https://youtu.be/szWAwQIOWbY

Thanks for sharing, cameraman!

Today's daily was fun. I didn't do any practicing; I went straight from the Metro in master's championship to the Quattro in the daily. I just couldn't believe how easy it was to drive! It took me a couple of kilometers to grasp how quickly it could go through bends. Oh well. Not an impressive time, but I had a big smile on my face all the way through! What a sound that car makes!

Thank you Codemasters! Now I know which car to upgrade next. ;)

A clean, uneventful, cautions run in the daily from me. Should earn me some good credits :)

What are you talking about Johnny? The Quattro is brilliant and easy to drive. And to be fair, I don't think the stages are near long enough either. Guess you never tried Rally Championship 2000...

Thanks for sharing, cameraman!

Today's daily was fun. I didn't do any practicing; I went straight from the Metro in master's championship to the Quattro in the daily. I just couldn't believe how easy it was to drive! It took me a couple of kilometers to grasp how quickly it could go through bends. Oh well. Not an impressive time, but I had a big smile on my face all the way through! What a sound that car makes!

Thank you Codemasters! Now I know which car to upgrade next. ;)

The upgraded Metro is a real handful but insanely fun!

so went back in to do another Dirt Daily today because i'm about 15k away from being able to buy the RS200 in career, and there's no point grinding through another championship for it.

and lo and behold, ANOTHER 8-sector long Monte Carlo stage. that's 2 stages from Monte Carlo in a row. come on now, really.

at least the car was decent enough.

is it just me or did anyone else find the co-driver calls on this stage really messed up in the 7th and 8th sectors? i've got the calls set to 'earlier' and i went off twice because the calls for two of the hairpins in the 7th sector didn't come until i was right upon them and it was too late to brake by then. pretty sure the co-driver also got the directions mixed up a few times, e.g., right when it should have been left, left when it should have been right.
Yeah the last two splits of Route de Turini is now a complete mess. Several corners are repeated twice.

Many corners aren't mentioned, fortunatly it's only small stuff, such as sudden hairpins and aqute turns and so on.

I had problems when they were on normal, sometimes I was too quick for them and they got a bit confused, but they've been fine since I've had them on the early setting

Damn @ji1,  you really must know these stages well to set these times  :)

I dread to do the daily today... front wheel drive cars has no place in rallying. :(

I can't drive them! aaaaaaaa!

I dread to do the daily today... front wheel drive cars has no place in rallying. :(

You're going to love June's new cars then!

You're going to love June's new cars then!

Not a fan of FWD but F2 screamers on tarmac is still something special :)

I especially dislike the screamers. They come screaming, a corner approaches, they try to take it... and it just looks ridiculous. Especially hairpins.

I especially dislike the screamers. They come screaming, a corner approaches, they try to take it... and it just looks ridiculous. Especially hairpins.

You'd change your mind if you got the chance to go in one. Absolutely awesome machines. The buzz inside the car at 10,500rpm is incredible!

So I'm currently 5th fastest despite a triple roll coming into the sweet lamb bowl. Buggered it up big time, could've had a good result for a change!

You'd change your mind if you-

No.

3:42 in practice. Then once I got to the daily I realised it would be even slower (don't know how that's even possible) because I haven't bothered upgrading it. So I did a 3:51.

I really cannot stand that car... oh well. It's good enough to be a sleeping pill I guess.

That thing really puts me in a bad mood. Urfhgl.