Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt Daily Thread

bogani

Daily 1: Mk2, Australia. Very awkward to drive this car with a setup. Even more so with default setup. It doesn't want to turn properly, and its gears are awkward. But I dragged it through the stage, so there's that.

Daily 2: Stratos, Michigan. This car still thinks I am using 50 degrees of rotation, so it was impossible for me to even attempt going quickly. Granny driving is all I could manage while keeping it on the road, and minor mistakes still happened.
Yeah I have a problem with the Mk2 as well, I have to steer more aggressive and faster in order to get the back end to jump out, also, I feel like the rotation for some cars are really bad, the Renault 5 Turbo in especially Sweden, doesn't require much steering at all in order to get through a corner, it's very difficult to drive.
Spokster said:
Daily 1: Mk2, Australia. Very awkward to drive this car with a setup. Even more so with default setup. It doesn't want to turn properly, and its gears are awkward. But I dragged it through the stage, so there's that.

Daily 2: Stratos, Michigan. This car still thinks I am using 50 degrees of rotation, so it was impossible for me to even attempt going quickly. Granny driving is all I could manage while keeping it on the road, and minor mistakes still happened.
Yeah I have a problem with the Mk2 as well, I have to steer more aggressive and faster in order to get the back end to jump out, also, I feel like the rotation for some cars are really bad, the Renault 5 Turbo in especially Sweden, doesn't require much steering at all in order to get through a corner, it's very difficult to drive.
Yes, besides the Stratos, I also have problems with the Alpine and Renault 5. Really hypersensitive steering. Annoying to drive with.

Anyway.

Daily 1: 1995 Subaru, Spain - in the wet. Very, very understeery. I don't know how to push with understeery cars so I just sort of ... drove through.

Daily 2: Peugeot 205 GTI, Michigan - don't think I'll ever get used to just how late you can brake with this thing. I braked way too early for most corners. Meh.

At least I survived both events.
Well, now they've ruined the default Manta setup for Sweden as well.

Hypersensitive steering. What the fuck are you lot thinking? Can't you just leave the setup the fuck alone? Or remove the mentally challenged crewchiefs automatic recommendations for the daily events? It is un-fucking-drivable. I am using 300 degrees of rotation, not 50.
Todays daily was the least fun I've had in D4 so far. 
So close to quitting out during this Manta stage because of how dull it was to tame & drive this thing.

DR had default setups that were at least fun to drive, and every car felt unique. It had a lovely sweet spot between 'on the limit' and outta control. D4 is the complete opposite.
Is this a different dev team?
caerphoto said:
Main problem with the default Manta setup is the absurdly long gears, imo.
Gears can be adjusted to. Hypersensitive steering not so much.
True, although switching to my wheel's full 900º rotation and using soft-lock in game made that problem go away, at least for the manta. Haven't tried some of the other twitchy cars with this yet.
Still, I get your point – this shouldn't even be a problem we have to work around.

Yes, besides the Stratos, I also have problems with the Alpine and Renault 5. Really hypersensitive steering. Annoying to drive with.

This is because you use 300deg of rotation...it's not a failure of the game.
The Alpine on tarmac is fun to drive with 300deg but on other surfaces you need to have more rotation - as easy as that!

I'm tired of the complains that some cars are sensitive with steering and this is the games fault! No, it's not gentlemen!!!!
Either you set your rotation much higher and enable softlock or you just don't drive those cars and complain afterwards!
LutzM said:

The Alpine on tarmac is fun to drive with 300deg but on other surfaces you need to have more rotation - as easy as that!

I'm tired of the complains that some cars are sensitive with steering and this is the games fault! No, it's not gentlemen!!!!
Either you set your rotation much higher and enable softlock or you just don't drive those cars and complain afterwards!
With that logic, all the other cars would suffer from it as well.

Funnily enough, all the other cars makes good use of my 300 degrees. How do you explain this magic?

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR", this is very much a flaw of the game. Because it only happens in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. It never happens in GT Legends, Raceroom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa. Rally Trophy, Rally Masters. Dirt 1, 2, 3. GTR 1, 2. Race07... see where I'm getting at here?
LutzM said:

Funnily enough, all the other cars makes good use of my 300 degrees. How do you explain this magic?

No, mr "HURR DURR SOFTLOCK OR NOTHING HURR", this is very much a flaw of the game. Because it only happens in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. It never happens in GT Legends, Raceroom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa. Rally Trophy, Rally Masters. Dirt 1, 2, 3. GTR 1, 2. Race07... see where I'm getting at here?
Didn't Paul already shot down this as a bug with the answer that different cars uses different steering geometry?
bogani said:
LutzM said:

Didn't Paul already shot down this as a bug with the answer that different cars uses different steering geometry?
No idea, can't think that far back - rage consumes me. ;)
It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
madwak said:
It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.
 Porkhammer said:
madwak said:
Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.

Well to be quite honest I find many of the cars you think have hypersteering to have the best steering at 900 degrees, so if they'd be to your liking I couldn't play the way I feel like :-P

Archived