Jump to content Jump to content

The Dirt Daily Thread

bogani

Dytut said:
 Porkhammer said:
madwak said:
It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.

Well to be quite honest I find many of the cars you think have hypersteering to have the best steering at 900 degrees, so if they'd be to your liking I couldn't play the way I feel like :-P
So you must really hate the majority of the cars with normal steering?
Dytut said:
 Porkhammer said:
madwak said:
It's because they keep setting the camber angle to super positive, like for all cars. Minimizing steering effort, yeah well **** that. It makes so many cars completely undrivable.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle, you're the one trying to minimize the steering effort by setting a 300 degree rotation. Why don't you grow a pair and play the game like it's meant to be played and stop chucking your toys out of the pram.
Oh shoo. It's meant to be played however the user feels like. Otherwise there wouldn't be any options to do otherwise. It's a game, not reality.

Snaky up there plays from chasecam. You'd best moan at him as well. You know you want to.

Well to be quite honest I find many of the cars you think have hypersteering to have the best steering at 900 degrees, so if they'd be to your liking I couldn't play the way I feel like :-P
Hey, tongue in cheek and all ;-) But there are quite a few cars that I really feel I have a hard time with due to not being able to flick the wheel fast enough. I usually try to adapt my driving style for it.
Dytut said:
Dytut said:
 Porkhammer said:
madwak said:

Hey, tongue in cheek and all ;-) But there are quite a few cars that I really feel I have a hard time with due to not being able to flick the wheel fast enough. I usually try to adapt my driving style for it.
Oh I tried adapting to the hysterical cars by fiddling with the linearity, but it just makes them feel sluggish... while also being sensitive. Which in turn makes everything more awkward.

I don't see why making all cars take full advantage of peoples rotation is such a problem, I never had this problem in any other game besides Dirt Rally - and from 2000 up until 2010 I had a wheel that was limited to 180 degrees! So I'd like to think that I know what's sensitive and hypersensitive and when something's broken or not.

If 5, 10, and 15 year old games can figure out how many degrees the wheel is set to, DR and D4 should be able to as well.

(please, you "softlock or nothing" fellas, try not to get triggered by this conversation)

Daily 1: RS200, Australia - pretty good balance between speed and risktaking. There were a handful of corners where I pushed a little, but most of the time I just tried to stay out of trouble. Didn't notice any bad notes.

Owners' club: Group A Cossie, Wales - terribly, terribly slow. I couldn't squeeze any kind of speed out of the car, and on top of that I was caught out by some surprise understeer moments. I think if somebody is brave they can easily take 15-20 seconds out of this time. That's how pathetic my driving was.
Dytut said:
So was it just me, or were the pacenotes for the subie daily really that bad? 
I have mine set to earliest, and had no issues... rare, but it happens! :D
Got one of the hairpins called while I was in the middle of the previous left 5, and a bunch of calls that were just too close to react to when pushing. But come to think of it, I think I'm getting some more speed now than when I set the calls, so I can probably push them earlier (think I have 3-4 notches left).
Got caught with a very late left 3 in Wales (stratos) today. Send me rollin'. Was doing well up to that point :(

PS. Stratos is no where near as twitchy on Wales gravel compared to Sweden. My fav car in DR might have a chance of redeeming itself in D4 if I can fight with these setup sliders
Managed to mess up the Stratos daily due to late notes. She can't just call a left 4 over crest when I approach at 180 kph. I had no time to react. The rear of the car touched the roadside and spun around. Alt-f4.

Shame, because I managed to get rid of most of its hypersensitivity, too.

Sometimes I wonder if they put these dailies in just to waste our time. I can't even remember how many times my dailies have been ruined by late notes.
Managed to mess up the Stratos daily due to late notes. She can't just call a left 4 over crest when I approach at 180 kph. I had no time to react. The rear of the car touched the roadside and spun around. Alt-f4.

Sometimes I wonder if they put these dailies in just to waste our time. I can't even remember how many times my dailies have been ruined by late notes.
Go on enlighten us how you managed to get rid of the hypersensitivity- dying to know :smile:
madwak said:

Go on enlighten us how you managed to get rid of the hypersensitivity- dying to know :smile:
Not completely rid of it, mind - but mostly.

Softening up the front springs as well as antirollbar helped. I also set some toe out in the front, and moved both front and rear camber angles waaaaay back into the negatives. The camber values are the thingies that tends to ruin daily events with the hypersensitive cars, as the engineers defaults them towards the plus sides. Morons.
Managed to mess up the easiest daily combo of them all due to inconsistency in the notes. She calls a right 4, I take it flatout. She calls right 4 again, and it's a 3. No time to correct my mistake. Understeered into the grass and flipped.

****ing notes in this game.

Owners' club daily is in the Alpine, of course. The worst car in the game. In Sweden, no less. Tweaked and tweaked its stupid setup, but the hypersensitive steering remained. I literally used 50 degrees of my 300 rotation through the entire stage. How am I supposed to go quickly like this? I didn't even look at the time as I stopped at the marshal. I was too busy facepalming.

It is 2017 and the game doesn't know how many degrees I am using. Yet Rally Masters from 2000 knows exactly how much. And all other racing/rally games for that matter, except DR.
I finally had a good set of dailies after a good streak of rage quitting from my own stupid mistakes. Could have gone faster in both of them(especially the maxi on Sweden) I felt but still midway in the top tier is decent for me at this point.

Owners' club daily is in the Alpine, of course. The worst car in the game. In Sweden, no less. Tweaked and tweaked its stupid setup, but the hypersensitive steering remained. 
The Alpine is one of my favorite cars in the game. But I am slow. 
The daily 1 was OK, except for me making a small mistake that sent me off track in Wales, which I figured would cost me 4-5 seconds. But I somehow hit an auto reset zone, and got a whooping 22 seconds penalty. Did the rest of the run fuming after that.

Daily 2 in Spain was allright, but one really small cut made it catastrophic when it weirdly unsettled the car and threw me out of the next hairpin :-/

Daily 1: Peugeot 208, Wales - had a spin early on. I was fine with that, because that was my fault. The late note delivered later on in the stage, however, was not my fault. Clipped a bank, went into the grass. Alt-f4.

Daily 2: An owners club daily. With the 208. In Spain. I hate modern cars in Spain. I can't feel how fast they can corner because they are stupidly easy to drive no matter how hard I push. My time was probably absolute trash as a result.
Need to work on this massive shortcoming of mine.
And the Group B Quattro keeps not being for sale in classifieds, so I still can't participate in owners' club daily.

I don't like this system.
I have seen it a few times (on PS4), but never with all "B" parts as with the other livery cars. 

Archived