Grid - Qualifying Bug

Here's a little workaround: Start the race (from last place). Quit to Race Selection Menu. Start the Event again (continue). Then i am on the position where i qualified.

I've to had the bug issue, but I've worked around it. I'm on a XBOX One and after finishing qualifying, I jump to another game (press middle X button on XBOX Controller and go to another game), then jump back into Grid again. Once I get back to the event I was qualifying in, when I go to the race it will show me in 1st again. Sure, it's fun to work your way back to the front, but don't really need to beat and bang my way to the front again in 3-4 laps especially when I already earned the front spot in the qualifying. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. 

Hope this helps others!!! 

Ahh yes, after I posted the above, I was thinking that might work as well. Good tip!!! Thx. 

This has now been fixed with a patch. Stadia's patch will follow shortly 

Is this fix only for single player qualify bug? What about the hot lap bug in multiplayer? Still nothing?

2 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

Is this fix only for single player qualify bug? What about the hot lap bug in multiplayer? Still nothing?

This fix is for the single-player qualifying yes. 

The hot lap bug in multiplayer was fixed in the last patch - did you ever get a chance to test it?

49 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

This fix is for the single-player qualifying yes. 

The hot lap bug in multiplayer was fixed in the last patch - did you ever get a chance to test it?

Sure. It's still there. 😩

Both the single and multiplayer qualifying issues should be fixed as part of this patch. We were unable to reproduce the multiplayer bug however, not before nor after the fix, so we can't guarantee it. Work was done to address it, so hopefully the issue is gone, feedback on it would be appreciated.

Yay! I can verify the single player qualifying bug is all fixed on Stadia now. It's nice to be able to race straight through an event without having to quit and restart each round. Thanks CM!

• Like 1