CODEMASTERS you are alone.

So, what the f. i mean with this title ?

Heard the latest news ?

CRYSIS 1 REMASTERED is real now !!

And this is the latest of a long long list. See for example:

- Halo series (many of them) is remastered.

- Skyrim Special Edition.

- Resident Evil 2 and 3.

- Call of Duty MW Remastered 1 and 2

- Assassin's Creed all

- Half Life 1 (Black Mesa, born as mod end up as masterpiece)

- Half Life Alyx (not just a VR, is the Half Life universe coming back).

- Tomb Raider

etc etc (the list is very long)

So instead to focus on next chapter of Grid, you should stop torture this series for a while. Get everything you can as resources and start a serious plan for the:

RACE DRIVER: GRID, REMASTERED.

Do it now, and do it carefully cause people cannot accept another screwup. If everything will be at the right place you can literally sell the f.ing hell out of it.

p.s. don't you dare if you will ever remake the grid1 to cut off anything from the whole original feature set, must be remastered, not re-crippled.

If they ever decide to make a remaster of 2008. game , they will make a mess. I don't know how, but they will.

I am 100 % sure !

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

So, what the f. i mean with this title ?

Heard the latest news ?

CRYSIS 1 REMASTERED is real now !!

And this is the latest of a long long list. See for example:

- Halo series (many of them) is remastered.

- Skyrim Special Edition.

- Resident Evil 2 and 3.

- Call of Duty MW Remastered 1 and 2

- Assassin's Creed all

- Half Life 1 (Black Mesa, born as mod end up as masterpiece)

- Half Life Alyx (not just a VR, is the Half Life universe coming back).

- Tomb Raider

But are they really any good second time around?

I was kind of looking forward to COD:MW remastered but after playing it for a little while it simply reminded me of an old game that used to be good and has since been bettered by other games that given a choice I would prefer to be playing. Same applies for Grid. I gave it a mini reboot on xbox 360 and much as I really enjoyed it first time around it didn't take too long to realise that it plays nowhere near as well as, say, a (long) Touring Cars championship in Project Cars 2 or has content to rival pretty much any current racing game out there. Old Grid should remain just that - old.

....and Tomb Raider should have died the same death as Core design did.... Talk about milking every last penny out of a franchise

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

TR Anniversary was pretty good remake.

I don't think GRID remaster is possible due to license issues.

And there is no need in remastering that game, tbh. Even GRID 2019 could be an amazing game with proper career and multiplayer. But they didn't work on carrer even single day. 

• Agree 1

A proper Remaster of grid 1 have 100% success rate, already inside top career and the best multiplayer. A well deserved BAFTA winner.

All the people are asking for it. It can be with all the graphical boost they want. Just they must keep intact all the other things.

License issues, maybe a workaround exist. Nothing is impossible. Is the only game from cm i would preorder right-now.

not gonna happen because they can't get licenses to use many of the cars and tracks. example -

-----8-Ball Pack-----

• McLaren F1 GTR
  • TVR Cerbera Speed 12
  • Mitsubishi 2.0 Turbo Lancer Evolution X
  • Honda S2000
  • Nissan GTR GT500
  • VW Nardo
  • Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
  • Volvo C30 Green Racing

-----Prestige Pack-----

• Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, Australia
  • Lamborghini Gallardo GT
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
  • Mazda Furai
  • Mercedes SLR McLaren 722
  • Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)
  • Lotus 2-Eleven
  • Bugatti Veyron
  • Jaguar XKR GT3
  • Ferrari F430 GTC
  • Ferrari F575 GTC

those are some cool cars..

6 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

A proper Remaster of grid 1 have 100% success rate, already inside top career and the best multiplayer. A well deserved BAFTA winner.

All the people are asking for it. It can be with all the graphical boost they want. Just they must keep intact all the other things.

License issues, maybe a workaround exist. Nothing is impossible. Is the only game from cm i would preorder right-now.

Tell me, if new Grid would have been released with a sensible price tag and ALL it's current content available at launch, complete with a proper structured championship (like F1) for the various classes and a similarly structured multiplayer setup do you think it would have been a suitable replacement for old Grid?   

The one thing Grid 2019 gets absolutely right is the fact it feels like a Grid game and with a little more emphasis on structured racing my personal feeling is that it would have been good enough. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Tell me, if new Grid would have been released with a sensible price tag and ALL it's current content available at launch, complete with a proper structured championship (like F1) for the various classes and a similarly structured multiplayer setup do you think it would have been a suitable replacement for old Grid?   

The one thing Grid 2019 gets absolutely right is the fact it feels like a Grid game and with a little more emphasis on structured racing my personal feeling is that it would have been good enough. 

If that ugly hairy woman was instead a tall stunning blonde with big boobs and round booty since the first time you meet her, she would have been suitable for a ride ? 

If you put inside grid2019 all the content, drop the price (now on steam offer at 16eur), rebuild feature set missing on multiplayer (on the top text chat and spectator mode) of course i would have take as good replacement... 

Here the point, maybe a grid1 remaster is a good chance to refresh an incredible success on sales and have then the only multiplayer properly developed back online... car license or not... i think if they really want is not impossible.

• Like 1

Forget that. Remaster TOCA. Or even better, BMX Racers :classic_cool:

• Like 1

we dont need a remaster, we just need them to look at previous titles and realise that half the tracks, half the features, half the graphics is not acceptable!

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I don't think GRID remaster is possible due to license issues.

This. Basically this is why remasters of racing games are really, really rare. Not a single Gran Turismo, Forza... hell, even Sega can't properly re release Outrun because their deal with Ferrari expired years ago (the car is slightly updated in latest ports). 

There are a lot of lisences in these games, not only cars, but tracks, music, even the sponsors on the liveries. It is clearly not easy, as basically no one is doing it. The closest thing is GAS for Switch, which might be still on time to be re released without any lisencing issues.

Edited by Leocp
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Leocp said:

This. Basically this is why remasters of racing games are really, really rare. Not a single Gran Turismo, Forza... hell, even Sega can't properly re release Outrun because their deal with Ferrari expired years ago (the car is slightly updated in latest ports). 

There are a lot of lisences in these games, not only cars, but tracks, music, even the sponsors on the liveries. It is clearly not easy, as basically no one is doing it. The closest thing is GAS for Switch, which might be still on time to be re released without any lisencing issues.

releasing the switch GAS on PC & other consoles ? 🤔

it better look great & not just a simple port 

Might work but since i don't own a switch & have no clue what changes they made i wonder 🤔🤔

As for a remaster of grid 2008 i just don't see it happening, they would butcher it into DLC hell fest even if they worked around the licensing issues.

Just have SMS do a new TOCA that is like the old games.

i have the PC & PC2 collection on both PC & xbox (good stuff), But am worried the same will happen to pc3 as greed 2019

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Agree 2

All i hope that if they bring out a new grid is that they got rid of how the multiplayer is setup that they use since greed 2.

This is really putting me of from playing online.

Grid 08 really had the best and most enjoyable multiplayer setup.

And that they bring back DD, drift.

And I can't say it enough.  text chat and spectator mode, kick vote.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Actually spectating is in game but no text chat and not replay camera angles but just gameplay ones..Last CM game that had text chat is Dirt showdown of 2012 , i think CM  has totally abandoned this features and i can't understand why.. Pcars 1/ 2 had text chat both in lobby and race but i seriously doubt that Pcars 3 will have..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

8 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

releasing the switch GAS on PC & other consoles ? 🤔

it better look great & not just a simple port 

Might work but since i don't own a switch & have no clue what changes they made i wonder 🤔🤔

As for a remaster of grid 2008 i just don't see it happening, they would butcher it into DLC hell fest even if they worked around the licensing issues.

Just have SMS do a new TOCA that is like the old games.

i have the PC & PC2 collection on both PC & xbox (good stuff), But am worried the same will happen to pc3 as greed 2019

What can I say? While I like Grid 2019, I think a re release of GAS with all the DLC for like 40 bucks would have been better that what we actually got. The thing with that is that PC players would have been forgotten, as they can still buy and play GAS. But for console owners, would have been way better. And so they could use another year to make this new game better, or release something similar and bigger.

Posted (edited)

The only good GAS comes out of my bowel.   lol

Edited by Assiemodis

On 4/18/2020 at 2:26 AM, Leocp said:

What can I say? While I like Grid 2019, I think a re release of GAS with all the DLC for like 40 bucks would have been better that what we actually got. The thing with that is that PC players would have been forgotten, as they can still buy and play GAS. But for console owners, would have been way better. And so they could use another year to make this new game better, or release something similar and bigger.

You can buy Autosport for XB1 as part of backwards compatibility and although it's only an X360 game it still looks ok and plays really well. On a good day you can pick up a physical copy for less than a fiver so no need to worry about £55 (and £75 deluxe edition) reboots on our console :classic_tongue:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

You can buy Autosport for XB1 as part of backwards compatibility and although it's only an X360 game it still looks ok and plays really well. On a good day you can pick up a physical copy for less than a fiver so no need to worry about £55 (and £75 deluxe edition) reboots on our console :classic_tongue:

Good idea if you can for a fiver & it's the "complete" edition

Not how true it is but supposedly the xbox series X will be able to auto up-scaled old(er) games so that there's no need for dev's to make "remustard" editions.

Edited by OugaBooga
added
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

Good idea if you can for a fiver & it's the "complete" edition

Not how true it is but supposedly the xbox series X will be able to auto up-scaled old(er) games so that there's no need for dev's to make "remustard" editions.

I don't think the auto upscale thing covers X360 (and older) games but they're still being a bit vague with pretty much everything regarding the Series X so you never know. But what I do know is that providing you own it (physical or digital) every single XBox game will work on the new console so now is a great time to buy up all those ultra cheap classics that never made it to back compat before they skyrocket in price. Also, if the upscaling thingy is planned throughout the entire games catalog then all the more reason to buy them up whilst they're at giveaway prices. And yes, never again will we be victims of rip off reboots.

Which conveniently leads me onto my next question... I don't suppose there's an American forum member out there who's prepared to pop out to their local Gamestop or preowned emporium to acquire a NTSC:USA copy of Raiden Fighters: Aces (X360).. It's USA exclusive and impossible to purchase thru 'normal' channels without insane amounts of extra cost added to the price of the game and hopelessly overvalued on ebay.  

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster coming soon... another great on the list.

RACE DRIVER: Grid Remastered is a must.

Do it Codies. Success like that must be replicated. Buy licenses again, do everything is needed. I'm sure is totally worth it.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster coming soon... another great on the list.

RACE DRIVER: Grid Remastered is a must.

Do it Codies. Success like that must be replicated. Buy licenses again, do everything is needed. I'm sure is totally worth it.

I could live with no licensed cars (I think Toca 3 has some unofficial Ferrari and Porsche cars) but come on man  lets be realistas this has been asked for ages and Codemasters does not care for a Grid 1 remastered edition..And i am afraid after sales failure of latest Grid game CM will move on and probably abandon Grid franschise as theyare making a somehow similar game , the Pcars 3 (i remind that SMS has told already that will not be fosucsed on pure motorsport like Pcars 1/2 but more to NFS Shift spiritual succesor which means city tracks, upgrades ect).More i hope in a good Pcars 3 game, if it has big content as NFS Shift 1/2 and Pcars 1/2 and codies help SMS to make a better handling/physics with good damage model and proper online mode it can be good.. Also a new Dirt game is about to be announced and i have some hopes that it could be a dirt showdown style game with better damage model ect would be nice for demo derby fun..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

A dirt showdown style game Miat??? 

No thanks, I didn't even played the game longer then 2 hours after they gave it for free.
A waste of time downloading it. 

But I see your playing alot of wreckfest lately  🙂

Was a bit disapointed that I lost my progress after windows reinstal, or maybe there was an update that done that, but havent picked it up after that.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

A dirt showdown style game Miat??? 

No thanks, I didn't even played the game longer then 2 hours after they gave it for free.
A waste of time downloading it. 

But I see your playing alot of wreckfest lately  🙂

Was a bit disapointed that I lost my progress after windows reinstal, or maybe there was an update that done that, but havent picked it up after that.

Dont get me wrong i did not played my self Dirt showdown (got it for free too) over 1 hour , one of the worst CM games ever but i love demo derby games so i had some hope that will have demolition derby theme but with good damage model .. Anyway the game has already been announced , looks its closer to Dirt 2 overall with some Forza Horizon 4 elements , its interesting the dynamic weather, season, time  i hope all upcoming CM games to have this feature..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Dont get me wrong i did not played my self Dirt showdown (got it for free too) over 1 hour , one of the worst CM games ever but i love demo derby games so i had some hope that will have demolition derby these but with good damage model .. Anyway the game has already been announced , looks its closer to Dirt 2 overall with some Forza Horizon 4 , its interesting the dynamic weather, season, time  i hope all upcoming CM games to have this feature..

OMG wreckfest is total garbage hopefully dirt 5 has party modes like cat n mouse transporter outbreak invasion

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Cyberdemon69 said:

OMG wreckfest is total garbage hopefully dirt 5 has party modes like cat n mouse transporter outbreak invasion

Not total garbage for me but the physics/driving is not good.. Damage model/deformation is probably the best in any racing game but i would not say the same for collision/impact feeling , Race Driver Grid is still on top about it!

• Agree 1