Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019: WiFi disconnects when game is started

As soon as I start F1 2019 (latest Steam version) on my Windows 10 system, the WiFi is disconnected and I have to manually reconnect to the WiFi.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have this problem? This makes the game almost not playable.

If you are looking to report an issue, please copy the questions from the reporting template in the below and answer

We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences.

Please add the questions in your post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue

Can you also add your DXDiag when possible too. Also, do you run from a wired or wireless connection?

22 hours ago, dubaut said:

As soon as I start F1 2019 (latest Steam version) on my Windows 10 system, the WiFi is disconnected and I have to manually reconnect to the WiFi.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have this problem? This makes the game almost not playable.

WiFi just introduces even more latency into a game that is pretty bad without that extra latency. If you wanna lag all over, get crashed as you crash into people, go right ahead.

Also think about where your router is relative to the WiFi aerial or dongle. If it's a USB device (which I suspect) there can be a myriad of issues.

1. As soon as I launch F1 2019 my WiFi connection is disconnected.
  2. 1.22
  3. I don't know what "Game-mode" means.
  4. Yes: Launch the game. Done.
  5. Every single time I launch the game.
  6. No.
  7. Even with no controllers connected to the PC the problem occurs.
  8. No. WiFi is just gone.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, dubaut said:

2. 1.22
  6. No.

Same here, my Internet connection keeps failing when I'm in game, also its been disconnecting when brow3the Internet. 

I think Windows is to blame 

22 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

Same here, my Internet connection keeps failing when I'm in game, also its been disconnecting when brow3the Internet. 

I think Windows is to blame 

Go post on Microsoft forums with the attitude you bring here. That won't last.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:03 PM, dubaut said:

2. 1.22
  6. No.

I fixed my issues by uninstalling 2 of the 3 security updates that's installed this morning on Windows 10,hope this helps

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

I fixed my issues by uninstalling 2 of the 3 security updates that's installed this morning on Windows 10,hope this helps

So which build of Windows are you currently running? Type winver into the search or Run box.

The latest version is 18363.778

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

So which build of Windows are you currently running? Type winver into the search or Run box.

The latest version is 18363.778

version 1909 build 18363.720

i uninstalled x64 KB4537572 and KB4549951 then i hid the update so it wouldnt reinstall using Wushowhide program,so far so gud,be interesting to see if it helps anyone else

KB4549951 issues include broken Bluetooth, WiFi, connectivity problems, BSOD, poor system performance, and even complete system crashes for some users and not everyone.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/04/19/windows-10-kb4549951-issues/

Edited by pachedupdemon
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

version 1909 build 18363.720

i uninstalled x64 KB4537572 and then i hid the update so it wouldnt reinstall using Wushowhide program,so far so gud,be interesting to see if it helps anyone else

You should just be able to pause it using the pause feature for 7 days at a time to a maximum of 35 days by which time we will have the 2020-05 Cumulative Update (May 12) but wushowhide.diagcab will work.

The jury is out on this one. There are no mass reports of issues as yet but I must admit it did not install in a regular fashion on my desktop but the laptop was/is unfazed.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

You should just be able to pause it using the pause feature for 7 days at a time to a maximum of 35 days by which time we will have the 2020-05 Cumulative Update (May 12) but wushowhide.diagcab will work.

The jury is out on this one. There are no mass reports of issues as yet but I must admit it did not install in a regular fashion on my desktop but the laptop was/is unfazed.

i edited my post with new info

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

i edited my post with new info

You can see the issues here;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/resolved-issues-windows-10-1909

there was a problem but was resolved some three weeks ago.

Odd that it was more of an issue on my desktop that has no WiFi no Bluetooth, yet no issues on the laptop that has both.

Edited by steviejay69
I would stick with MS rather than News sites.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

You can see the issues here;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/resolved-issues-windows-10-1909

there was a problem but was resolved some three weeks ago.

on my system it installed it says on the 17-04-2020,but i only had issues today the 19th whe the additional security something strange is going on  on my system,or im just dumb but it looks like things are being installed twice just days apart

Screenshot (3).png

5 minutes ago, pachedupdemon said:

on my system it installed it says on the 17-04-2020,but i only had issues today the 19th whe the additional security something strange is going on  on my system,or im just dumb but it looks like things are being installed twice just days apart

Screenshot (3).png

The patches look to be installed twice but it is the SSU that installs and enables the patch to complete successfully the second time. However, some patches have been re-released previously which would also account for two entries for the same KB (usually some days apart though).

• Thanks 1