Jump to content Jump to content

Turning problems with Ps4 controller

Hi guys, i'm playing f1 2019 on ps4 since december. In the last month i got an issue. The car in game often doesn't follow my left analog imput while i'm turning. In turns that requires a complete movement of the left stick, no matter if right or left turn, the steering wheel in the game doesn't follow my input, randomly. Even use the controller by cable, changing helps in game, and in any mode i got that problem. Pls help me. That is an exemple, but it doesn't belong to this turn only. Thanks 😞

• Administrator

You may want to look into your controller settings there @ThugRipper in the settings on the menus. It's very hard to take a lot from this example as on a pad you would probably need a decent amount of lock to get through the corners from my experience here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

You may want to look into your controller settings there @ThugRipper in the settings on the menus. It's very hard to take a lot from this example as on a pad you would probably need a decent amount of lock to get through the corners from my experience here

So, what do i have to do?

30 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Game Options > Settings > Controls, Vibration & FFB > Select your controller > Calibration

This would be best to tweak your settings to your liking.

I have done it yet, changing the settings in calibration, but no results 😕

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have same problem. Turning left is ok but turning right is just like the same as in the video you posted. Its very annoying. I check the calibration in the settings menu and try with other games there is no problem.

• 1 month later...

Ive done 7 seasons of career mode in f1 2020 with no issues then suddenly at the French GP this also started to happen. Right turning just does the same weird jerking to the left and i cant turn. Ive changed absolutely nothing, it just started doing it. Ive tried a bunch of other games and they all work fine with turning. I guess i cant play the game anymore and there’s no way it’ll get patched. Thanks codemasters 🙃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue. Every time I turn right the dude just straightens up the wheel and it throws me off the racing line, it's unplayable. Is it just stick drift/broken controller? I have had this controller for nearly 7 years. 

I hope it's that not just a broken bit of code that only an unlucky few have to deal with and therefore won't get fixed. What is weird is that when I bought the game the first few days this was not an issue at all for me, then all of a sudden it is?

Just come across this issue over the last couple of days as well, just can’t steer or turn into corners. Really annoying as it makes the game unplayable, really hope this can be fixed. I also play on ps4 controller. Played for over 2 weeks with no issues then this came up so not sure why that would be.