I wish Codemasters would just own up and admit the problem. Their silence is the worst part about all of this. 

Someone in here mentioned the ability to report drivers. How do I do that? 

10 minutes ago, Hathama said:

I wish Codemasters would just own up and admit the problem. Their silence is the worst part about all of this. 

Someone in here mentioned the ability to report drivers. How do I do that? 

Report bad drivers by saying “hey Alexa, tell codemasters that “(Insert name)” is a bad driver”.  Tell you neighbors dog the next time you see them,

...or at the end of the game, click on the explanation mark next to the other drivers, check the boxes that are relevant, and hit submit.  All are equally effective.

• Like 1

Haven’t had too many bad drivers this last weeks but this one “Danielerusso” was as bad as they come in a sprint race at Barcelona. Shoved me off the tract at the start. I made up the 3 seconds only to be shunted again when I made a move on the race to the finish line. In the process my safety score was ruined!

and I just had a driver called „Bulldog“ (BBD 69) ram me just after the start at Suzuka. Thankfully I was waiting for it (he had a low safety rating and was racing under the Italian flag - two indicators for me!) and he trashed his car. I broke and he only clipped my wing 

Posted (edited)

I've been playing this since V1 and it just doesn't seem to improve. I used to be active on this forum because Codemasters would actually respond personally to our suggestions. But it was always "we're working on that in upcoming updates" and it never happened. The worst thing about how it has evolved is the lack of enjoyment you get when you hope to have a fair race. I don't know why it's even permissible that the game they created with deliberate intent allows a driver to push you into a wall in the first 5 seconds of a grid or sprint start. How hard would it be to make that behaviour result in a penalty only for the aggressor? Why must fair racers lose the race, lower their safety rating and lose points? They can't be blind to this! It's coded into the game. Why? Why is cheating and bad sportsmanship rewarded? This game no longer meets the criteria of a relaxing pastime. It just makes me angry.

Edited by Dr Zaius

I must admit once the current event is finished I'm considering uninstalling the game. The last few days of duelling have been so depressing, getting smashed all over the track not just by my opponent but the AI. If they don't smash you in sprint or grid starts they use short-cuts in qualifying duels like Monza, Abu Dhabi, Spa etc. The game is basically riddled with mistakes that favour cheaters, right down to me getting an engine penalty when someone rams me from behind or getting a corner cut penalty when pushed off. 

They've set the game up to reward the cheaters, the AI are impossible to overtake on the straights and deadly slow in the corners where you can't overtake them because of the over sensitive corner cut penalties. So you have to go just as slow through the corners which leaves you as easy prey for a rammer. 

I'm sure no-one at Codemasters will care about losing a clean player as they'll be another 100 rammers to replace me but hopefully one day F1 will remove their name from this game as it must be an embaressment to them. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:51 AM, KMPkemp said:

racing under the Italian flag

you will soon incur the wrath of the tifosi!!!

6 hours ago, G1bby said:

I must admit once the current event is finished I'm considering uninstalling the game.

Just do it!!!!  It is liberating.  I took over a year off after playing since the very beginning.  You are correct, nothing has changed except some folks that were hacking the game were booted, and all their, ahem, "hard won" records deleted.  Ferraris are still the bane of racing existence, coming to near standstills in the apex, at least the lethal torpedo mode was fixed.  I barely enjoy the game, only as an extension of actual F1.  I came back only to have something F1 to look forward to when the entire season was in limbo.  We can't go to races, so this helped fill the gap, but, It's not really fun.  I just like switching team liveries and rolling around the track, winning some, losing more.  9999 isn't a goal, been there 3 or 4 times after diving to 2000's before they began resetting each month.  I guess I could talk to the wife, but..........think I'll take a spin around another track

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There needs to be some sort of mobilization / group effort to force Codemasters to improve the joke that is duel mode. As in reporting them to Apple/Google, reviewing the app in the App Stores, calling them out via social media, etc.

Companies like CM only make changes when the money starts to change. If you get enough people to stand up and create a PR situation, they start to lose money. Only then will they improve the game.

What you are suggesting is a complete and total worldwide ban on anyone using the app.  The entire platform is engineered from the ground up as a in game advertising (IGA) model.  Nearly every action we take in the game is revenue generating.  We are incentivized to click an ad so we get credits which we need to upgrade, and it goes on and on.  While your zeal and enthusiasm to improve the game is admirable, this won't work.  Since Version 1 people have complained on the app stores all to no avail.  We will continue to get what we get and slog through the bad coding, every changing game play, and the cheaters that run rampant on the platform.   Just a reminder, we alone are responsible for picking up our devices and playing this silly game, deletion is an option.  

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Hellion21 said:

What you are suggesting is a complete and total worldwide ban on anyone using the app.  The entire platform is engineered from the ground up as a in game advertising (IGA) model.  Nearly every action we take in the game is revenue generating.  We are incentivized to click an ad so we get credits which we need to upgrade, and it goes on and on.  While your zeal and enthusiasm to improve the game is admirable, this won't work.  Since Version 1 people have complained on the app stores all to no avail.  We will continue to get what we get and slog through the bad coding, every changing game play, and the cheaters that run rampant on the platform.   Just a reminder, we alone are responsible for picking up our devices and playing this silly game, deletion is an option.  

I assume this is in response to my post? I totally get what you're saying, and I know my stance could be futile. But I also think that the game's problems won't be addressed without some sort of extreme measure.

The thing that bothers me the most is their complete silence. I would rather CM say "**** you" than not say anything. Their silence sends a loud message that they literally do not care, so any sort of attempt to hurt revenue would be the way to get them to address the problem.

I know it's just a game, but I live in the USA where F1 is on at silly times in the night and the game has become a connection to the sport. For this to be a "licensed product" is an absolute joke. 

Thanks for explaining the IGA model, that's actually super helpful to remember with every severe understeer. 

Another IGA app I use is developed by EA Sports. I know everyone hates them, but their team does a great job listening to fans and updating/improving the game. Why can't CM?

Edited by Hathama
  • Agree 1

Hathama,

Yes, I was supporting your statement, in that CM will not change, it's the core of the game to generate revenue in microtransactions we are more or less forced into completing in order to compete.  I too am in the US, and agree this is our only connection right now to F1.  After deleting this game for over a year, after the F1 season looked to be sacked, I reinstalled, just have to anything F1.  The problems you mentioned, were rampant when I deleted and remain after reinstalling.  

I appreciate the sarcasm to IGA.  My only point there is as long as it generates income, there is little reason to change.  

Have you attended COTA?

4 minutes ago, Hellion21 said:

Hathama,

Yes, I was supporting your statement, in that CM will not change, it's the core of the game to generate revenue in microtransactions we are more or less forced into completing in order to compete.  I too am in the US, and agree this is our only connection right now to F1.  After deleting this game for over a year, after the F1 season looked to be sacked, I reinstalled, just have to anything F1.  The problems you mentioned, were rampant when I deleted and remain after reinstalling.  

I appreciate the sarcasm to IGA.  My only point there is as long as it generates income, there is little reason to change.  

Have you attended COTA?

Agreed - my sarcasm wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the moderators who supposedly respond to player concerns. 

I haven't made it to COTA, but lived in Budapest for a while and got to go to Hungaroring a couple times! So cool, but I want to see the speed at COTA someday.

I have never seen Hungaroring, but have been to both German circuits,  Hockenheimring and Nurburgring, Monza twice, Monaco several times, Montreal and COTA every year since inception.  Sorry, sounds like name dropping.  

This is the best we got for now, and sadly it's not all that great.  Spa this weekend!!!

If there was a better f1 game and we all migrated to it then things would change. Until then CM doesn’t have to do a thing.

• Agree 1

I have a different view to you guys of this game; a) it’s a Good driving game b) it’s free and c) you don’t need to pay anything to progress to reach the upper levels! Yes it has its problems but comparing it to other games where there are either upfront costs or cost a lot in-game costs it’s pretty good

To CM’s credit, the game is at its best since launch. 
and I’ve played since 2019 pre season 

KMPkemp, I have stated in several posts that the game is indeed free and you needn't spend a bit of money to play this game. A definite plus.  They do make money off of us though, and for that, it should be better, IMHO.

elimmel, like you been playing since launch.  I'm not sure it's better, just always different glitches.  Today, inspired by Spa, I've raced a bit.  I got flicked by an AI Ferrari, always Ferrari, into the wall heading down the right side to the first turn, DNF.  I watched two opponents accelerate and become airborne prior to the start lights going out.  I also grazed a kerb someplace and went airborne and never came down.  That's just today.  I guess I disagree with better, just different issues.

I almost reported an innocent bloke. I got a really blatant ram on the side half way up the back straight at Silverstone. I tried my best to catch him for a bit of retaliation but I couldn’t, I came second. I was ready to press the report button when I realised that I actually won the duel my opponent was back in 8th the car that came first was an AI

• Haha 1

This guy drove like an ahat for the whole lap: kept pushing me off track and smashing into me at every corner.  Go play your Crazy Taxi somewhere else!

baddriver.jpg

It's the end of the cycle and these 9999 losers have 0 intention to race.  They just rammed me to the wall or off track from the start and kept doing it repeatedly if I recovered and got close. :classic_angry:

loser1.jpg

loser2.jpg

loser3.jpg

Most of the RUL (Race You Later) crowd drives like ahats.  You won't get a clean race everytime you see "RUL".

Edited by mobileracingfan

12 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

Most of the RUL (Race You Later) crowd drives like ahats.  You won't get a clean race everytime you see "RUL".

There are lots of poeple who have started using the RUL abbreviation in their name who have no connection to Denis. I've met a number of them who I've never seen on his streams and who then start to ram you.

The ones who are genuine RUL racers are all clean and respectful.  

Edited by G1bby