Sign in to follow this  

Random Grid Order

Random grid order is the best system.  

I dont like the idea of the championship points, as that system just means whoever has been in the lobby the longest will always get 1st place. 

Come on CM,  Random grid.  Its the only fair way to go.   Unless qualifying is forced. 

@MTonly Thats why GRID2's grid order was crap.  

Why should anyone have to start last in every race?  Every race starting  behind players who cant race and dont know where they are going. 

With Autosport, If your in the lobby for ages, and have more championship points than everyone, you get 1st place every race.  Thats not fair, yes you could just find another lobby, or join a custom room, but why should you have to?

If its set to RANDOM as default, everyone gets an equal chance at being in 1st, last or in the middle. 

Championship points, could still be used, but just not for the grid order.  Maybe just the order the players in the lobby are listed. 

ok random is good but when i am host in codies games i prefer previous races reverse or even better champion's standing reverse...
in this way the first drivers in championship start in last positions in upcoming race and the opposite..
it makes the champiomships more interested and competitive... L-)

MTonly said:
Ah, it seems you were a betatester of GRID Autosport and have originally described GA's (not GRID2's) approach to sorting players in starting grid.

Absolutely agree. Random grid order would probably be the most reasonable default option. As an alternative option, some sort of qualification (like F1) would be nice too.
I could see the one shot quali mode working well there then

So now Autosport is here how does everyone feel about the starting grid order system.

I have to say im not impressed with it.   If you join a lobby thats been going for a while, some people may have 3 or 400 points, and are permanently upfront.   This makes people not want to stay in the lobby,  because if a good player is in 1st, then the race is pretty much decided. 

I dont understand why a random grid order is not the way with the online playlist.  

Is it fair to have me, or any other person starting in 1st, EVERY race? 

Wouldnt It me fair to ALL players, if everyone has a random chance of getting pole position? 

Its a small change CM, but it will improve the online racing experience for everyone, and especially newcomers.  I know how you like to think of the noobs, and give them features that help them......flashbacks......

So please help the noobs, and give them a random gird order, in the online playlist events.  

Custom cup is not the answer. :)

Race order based on lobby points is stupid. Much like Grid 2s crap in having to start at the back of the grid every last race.

Personally, I think it should be random.

The one shot quali mode as mentioned above sounds good. But I could see people rage quitting if they mess up their lap

I did have another idea. How about having the starting positions based on everyones fastest lap from the previous race?? and if there's new joiners they would start at the back due to never setting a time.

Unfortunately CM won't change it, because I have asked for it. Yes it would be fairer to everyone, but that's not how CM roll. I tried to explain it before this game came out, but CM know best....apparently. They have a daft ideas department, this department is responsible for grid 2, flashbacks, useless mirrors, and non saveable replays. Anything RTA noskills asks for is just dismissed by CM. Infact I'm sure there are moans n groans in the CM offices when I make a post. What do us customers know about what we want from or in out next racing game? Great that we have CM to decide for us.

Hmm, another feature that could help kill off the online playlist?

It was bad in GRID 2 always putting the higher levels players in the back of start grid, now sound like Codies made another bad decision with always putting highest championship points players up front in start grid.

In Flatout 2, there tournament points, but points did not come into play until end of tournament, to see who won the tournament. In Flatout 2, all races are a random start.

Every player should get a shot at getting a good start position on start grid, unless you are going to have qualifying to see who should get pole position.

Random grid order is my preference too...

Grid games are always famous by first curve crashes (just like 2002 Australian Grand Prix) after start. When you are new in a playlist, you will start from the last place. Because of first curve crashes, you never have a chance to win the race... While the guy who have pole position continue to won all the races.

i prefer championship's standing reverse... in this way players that are in top positions of a championship , start next race in last positions ! this make the championships more interested until last race! :D RANDOM IS AN OTHER GOOD OPTION TOO...

Random order grid in the online playlists would be my preference - I know it's something you can set in the custom playlists, and I think random is actually the default in those cases.

@loore  Any chance of this happening.  

It will end up a game breaker.  Its already annoying seeing decent players join, only to leave straight away, because of the large volume of traffic they have to deal with, just to start trying to catch up to the guys upfront. 

I myself will leave and find another lobby,  Nobody wants last place, and nobody wants to start their every race.