Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

In case Codemasters missed this, on accident or intentionally...

Somewhere I remember BarryBL commented that he would be posting a response to the disconnect issue that plagues multiplayer and the e grand prix series. Can't find that post now, deleted? When's that going to happen? We've had another event since...

On 4/17/2020 at 9:59 PM, AoiAsahina said:

Nothing more to say on this.

People want realistic tracks but they keep driving in unrealistic way in T-Cam sitting on top of their cars...!

I think they don't understand the meaning of 'realistic'...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Albon: Codemasters are gonna love that

Norris: NOT REALLY...

so how many REAL drivers are just humiliating CM right now? Are those the SIMRACERS who also love YOUR HANDLING MODEL? 

it must be just so humiliating and embarassing to hear this out loud from actual drivers, if not, well... then their heads are deeper in a place where the sun don't shine than I thought🤣🤣🤣

and well, leclerc isn't just some driver but a huge talent which drives for one of the most iconic teams in F1. It's not an Grosjean who thinks Ericsson hit him.

if i was a dev and my product is beeing so destroyed by real drivers, I would do anything possible to make the next game something that drivers say ***! This is awesome. 

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Don’t know whether Codemasters could possibly do it, but would personally love for them to make the most of the lockdown and send all the F1 drivers like Norris, Albon, Leclerc, Russel, Latifi etc all a pre-release build of F1 2020 and get their input for the handling model and get some feedback from them.  

With there being no real racing at the moment and with how open they’ve been to competing in online races with the game it could be a golden opportunity to get real feedback to make the games more realistic than ever before.

19 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Albon: Codemasters are gonna love that

Norris: NOT REALLY...

so how many REAL drivers are just humiliating CM right now? Are those the SIMRACERS who also love YOUR HANDLING MODEL? 

it must be just so humiliating and embarassing to hear this out loud from actual drivers, if not, well... then their heads are deeper in a place where the sun don't shine than I thought🤣🤣🤣

and well, leclerc isn't just some driver but a huge talent which drives for one of the most iconic teams in F1. It's not an Grosjean who thinks Ericsson hit him.

if i was a dev and my product is beeing so destroyed by real drivers, I would do anything possible to make the next game something that drivers say ***! This is awesome. 

Or if Codemasters, you petition FOM , like WIlliams already did , and ask for the F1 Drivers to not say anything bad about the Game....

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, AlexTT said:

If you were a dev working for a publicly-traded company, you'd code what your managers told you to code, just like the rest of us have to.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

If you were a dev working for a publicly-traded company, you'd code what your managers told you to code, just like the rest of us have to.

this is so true ☝️

If you are not a developer and you just don't know how software development works, then don't comment bs. Don't think being a developer is like being a modder. Modders create whatever they want. Developers are told what to make. I am sure some devs at CM would do certain things in a different way, but they are told what to fix, what to implement, etc.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, SpringbokGamer said:

Or if Codemasters, you petition FOM , like WIlliams already did , and ask for the F1 Drivers to not say anything bad about the Game....

Did they actually? 

9 minutes ago, SpringbokGamer said:

Dont know about Codemasters, but Williams did mute their drivers.

Right, so this really needs some proper sources

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Let's hope the driver comments help push the game in the right direction. Even for a casual if you've found out somewhere that the drivers you watch and look up to on the TV think the game is unrealistic (when is supposed to be realistic) then it can certainly have a negative impact on sales.

It looks like 2020 has less ERS options which was one of Norris' big complaints when he first played it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Right, so this really needs some proper sources

I did a search , and unfortunatly cannot find anything on this yet.

Hoping somene else will find the tidbit , could have been Twitter I cannot remember.

Went something along the lines of the Drivers being Warned to behave as they still represent Williams, even if in Online Guise.

5 minutes ago, SpringbokGamer said:

I did a search , and unfortunatly cannot find anything on this yet.

Hoping somene else will find the tidbit , could have been Twitter I cannot remember.

Went something along the lines of the Drivers being Warned to behave as they still represent Williams, even if in Online Guise.

Right, that's what many teams would say... but first of all, it's Twitter which is definitely not a reliable source in itself. Second, none of what you just said claims that Williams drivers were muted because they complained about the game or something like that 😕 

Excuse me, I'm being harsh because I don't like ominous claims like that 🙂

Laser scanned tracks are unnecessary assets. The game is clearly designed for the casual players, they don’t know if a section of a track is real or not and most importantly they don’t care. Plus it’s expensive and making a small chunk of players happy does not justify the cost.

54 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Right, that's what many teams would say... but first of all, it's Twitter which is definitely not a reliable source in itself. Second, none of what you just said claims that Williams drivers were muted because they complained about the game or something like that 😕 

Excuse me, I'm being harsh because I don't like ominous claims like that 🙂

No worries.

Once it re-surfaces , I will try and post a link .

• Like 1