Weekly Event China GP - weird start

It's my first Weekly GP Event since I've only just bought F1 2019 recently, so I don't know if I've encountered a typical starting procedure or if there was a networking issue of sorts, but we were waiting for the race to start for several minutes without anything happening. It was also not possible to leave the race, although some players were reported has having left. I guess, they simply shut down the game. However, two cars actually took off while the rest of the grid was still waiting for the starting lights to show up - which they did eventually. So, a race for P3 was finally started since those two other cars had quite a headstart.

My question: Are these weekly GPs always that chaotic/irregular or was this an expection?

If anyone wants to see what actually happened, although there's basically nothing to see since we simply didn't start for several minutes, I can provide a streamed clip of that race. It's hosted on Twitch. But I think I've already covered everything in the first paragraph, so I'll only provide the link if some really wants to see for themselves. I don't want to use this issue to get views or anything.

Posted (edited)

It's a random lobby bug that can occur due to the games still being peer-to-peer and not having dedicated servers. While I don't have the experience that often anymore that others are already driving around when I'm still stationary on the grid, at least 1 out of a dozen races has 19 drivers waiting for minutes, because one guy has a scrappy connection and doesn't want to leave thus making others leave by Alt+F4.

Again, nothing new sadly. Been here with us since F1 2010.

Edited by Flash224
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EyTschej said:

It's my first Weekly GP Event since I've only just bought F1 2019 recently, so I don't know if I've encountered a typical starting procedure or if there was a networking issue of sorts, but we were waiting for the race to start for several minutes without anything happening. It was also not possible to leave the race, although some players were reported has having left. I guess, they simply shut down the game. However, two cars actually took off while the rest of the grid was still waiting for the starting lights to show up - which they did eventually. So, a race for P3 was finally started since those two other cars had quite a headstart.

My question: Are these weekly GPs always that chaotic/irregular or was this an expection?

If anyone wants to see what actually happened, although there's basically nothing to see since we simply didn't start for several minutes, I can provide a streamed clip of that race. It's hosted on Twitch. But I think I've already covered everything in the first paragraph, so I'll only provide the link if some really wants to see for themselves. I don't want to use this issue to get views or anything.

Yess that and this happenes regularly

Schermopname (51).png