DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Clubs website

Hi

I was recently invited to a club and I've been driving few events. But the Clubs webpage is borderline unusable. I can get to results like 1 out of 10 times. Otherwise it's "Failed to load content" or "SORRY, THERE IS NO DATA FOR THIS EVENT". No matter what I do, logout/login back again or just refresh or what, it's just the same.

Tonight also entering the Club in game gave some errors and I was uncertain if my results had been uploaded to server. Would help if one could check that from the website but...

Is this really how it is all the time or is it just a temporary problem?

I have similiar issues, our Club Leadership is not updating, also, impossible to create new Championship for my club. Clicking on the final creat buton does nothing.

@PJTierney Any info on this? Driving these club events is really hard as there are connectivity issues in game and website practically doesn't work at all. It's really just trying and trying in vain to see the results from web. And super short autologout doesn't help either. It's hard to tell when you've been logged out and when the website just doesn't want to show the results.

Also: where can I find info how the Championship points are calculated?

1 hour ago, Esa Ahonen said:

Also: where can I find info how the Championship points are calculated?

It's a formula that hasn't been made public.

The short version is that points are based on (a) the number of players who took part in a Round and (b) ensuring all players have a unique points value while (c) having bigger gaps for the top players since a "win" is more important.

1 hour ago, Esa Ahonen said:

Any info on this?

I'm afraid not, sorry.

I'm aware that the clubs site has display issues and sometimes struggles to pull the data, but not aware of any work being done on it currently (that's not to say it isn't happening, just that I don't know of any work right now).

Side-note: There was a Codemasters Accounts website bug recently where people couldn't add others to Friends Lists. A fix is being tested.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm afraid not, sorry.

I'm aware that the clubs site has display issues and sometimes struggles to pull the data, but not aware of any work being done on it currently (that's not to say it isn't happening, just that I don't know of any work right now).

Side-note: There was a Codemasters Accounts website bug recently where people couldn't add others to Friends Lists. A fix is being tested.

Thank you for your answer. I'd really like to see it fixed. The Club feature is actually quite nice. 

About the Accounts site: I had a lot of trouble logging into this forum site at first. Maybe it uses the same login. 

53 minutes ago, Esa Ahonen said:

About the Accounts site: I had a lot of trouble logging into this forum site at first. Maybe it uses the same login. 

All Codemasters services and websites use the same login.

• Like 1

Speaking about clubs website I would like to report two more issues and also ask for help with fixing data

The Issue 1: LEAVE CLUB button is visually not distinct from VIEW RESULTS. In some workflows, especially on mobile devices in conjunction with recent the web slowness, it might happen that user clicks on LEAVE club accidentally. This button is not secured by confirmation message. All together makes incidental leaving club very probable.
Please make those buttons distinct or add confirmation popup at least.

Issue 2

When a player leaves club having some championship points, he looses those points. After rejoin (which is possible) he still has results of previous events (incl positions), but there are 0 (zero) points for those positions. While I can understand resetting points when leaving the club in order to reevaluate all positions/points for remaining drivers, when the driver re-join, the points should be recalculated again to reassign the points to him.

The request:

I'm the victim of both issues.
You can see I finished 6th: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/247682/results/championship/1/event/0

but have no points added to championship (see 1st event): https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/247682/standings/current

Is there a way to fix this? thanx in advance

Edited by MaXyMsrpl