Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Weekly China Event scoring

@BarryBL I just finished a race for the 3rd time. I finished 1st, there were only 2 people in the race besides the AI. I don't understand the scoring here. I qualified 696 out of almost 12000 and I just finished a race in 1st place and I'm in P 369. I pitted twice because once for the mandatory tire change and then again for the intermediates. Do you need to pit for the mandatory tires or can you go until the race strategy changes and go from softs to intermediate? Am I penalized for doing multiple races? My score is as follows

Completion bonus 7,000

Qualifying time score 20,582 ( I qualified 696 ) is this right

Position score 40,000 ( 1st )

Total time score 159,340

Assists bonus 15,884 ( TC med/no brake assist/abs on/pit assists off both/ers automatic/manual gears/no raceline

Total score 242,806

The leaders are almost at 400,000 

Am I missing something here?  Anybody with info about the event please comment about what I'm doing wrong here. Makes no sense why I'm so high up the leaderboards in my opinion compared to other events such as France where I qualified 993rd and won the race and ended up 125 overall

Anybody....?

Edited by Mike5500

The standings seem to be very random due to the weather as it is very different in every race, sometimes it starts raining in Lap 1 and I feel like the leaders had no rain at all. 

Seems a lottery😅

Btw you can go from Softs straight to Inters

Edited by ReimvomSchleim
Tyre info

16 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

The standings seem to be very random due to the weather as it is very different in every race, sometimes it starts raining in Lap 1 and I feel like the leaders had no rain at all. 

Seems a lottery😅

Btw you can go from Softs straight to Inters

So I went again, this time 10 or 11 people, not sure but def 10, I won, I switched from softs right to inters, improved my score by just under 7,000 for a 249,280. I had a 259k my first race but I thought something was wrong, shoulda just kept it lol. I'm sitting P315 right now, hopefully it's enough for the top 5%, I'm friggin done lol. I gets what I gets

Also think it's not a fair event to give different environments in an event where people compete against eachother and speed matters. I can verify now that I look back, that it has rained at different times. The race I scored 259k on it never rained until lap 9 ish, my current score race I had Inters on at lap 6. Should be the same for everyone, def a boo boo on Codemasters behalf. 

It's kinda like the Olympics splitting up the 100m field onto 2 tracks, one wet and one dry, and telling them the best time will win. I'm seeing people in the top 100 as I type this that qualified with a 1:35/36 heck even a 38. I could do a 38 if I blacked out for 4 seconds. Having an event this way is not rewarding the best players. 

Edited by Mike5500
Add thoughts
  • Agree 1

@Mike5500

i agree with u that the time at which the rain starts should be the same every race so that is the same for every player to be fair. Just to let u know, I believe that the time it takes to complete all 14 laps is the biggest part of points u earn for a race. The faster u complete the entire race the higher ur points will be. I have had events this weekend when it starts to rain on lap 3/4 & I switch to wets early and have 9/10 slow laps with one pit stop. I’ve also had it start rain on lap ten & I had to pit twice. Once at lap 5 for meds & pit again on lap 11 for intermediates. I have seen people try & do the late rain races with one stop. Starting on sifts & trying to finish on hards. As of last nite I was in the top 150 (ps4) with the two stop strategy. However I waited too long to switch to intermediates & spun out trying to get back to the pits for wets. Will retry today until I get a race with late rain, 2 stop strategy with no spins, no offs and no penalties. With my spin & front wing damaged (lost 8 secs replacing it) I know I lost almost 20 secs on my total time. This is a big points loss. I finished this race 1.5 secs behind 1st place & came in second. Had I not spun I would have won the race. PS, there is no set points scale that I no of, changes with each race I guess. U need to run a fast clean race with as many assists off u can for max points. 

2 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@Mike5500

i agree with u that the time at which the rain starts should be the same every race so that is the same for every player to be fair. Just to let u know, I believe that the time it takes to complete all 14 laps is the biggest part of points u earn for a race. The faster u complete the entire race the higher ur points will be. I have had events this weekend when it starts to rain on lap 3/4 & I switch to wets early and have 9/10 slow laps with one pit stop. I’ve also had it start rain on lap ten & I had to pit twice. Once at lap 5 for meds & pit again on lap 11 for intermediates. I have seen people try & do the late rain races with one stop. Starting on sifts & trying to finish on hards. As of last nite I was in the top 150 (ps4) with the two stop strategy. However I waited too long to switch to intermediates & spun out trying to get back to the pits for wets. Will retry today until I get a race with late rain, 2 stop strategy with no spins, no offs and no penalties. With my spin & front wing damaged (lost 8 secs replacing it) I know I lost almost 20 secs on my total time. This is a big points loss. I finished this race 1.5 secs behind 1st place & came in second. Had I not spun I would have won the race. PS, there is no set points scale that I no of, changes with each race I guess. U need to run a fast clean race with as many assists off u can for max points. 

The only problem for me is I won 3 of the 5 races I took part in. It sucks because I had no choice but to drive slower because of rain early, even though it's a bit of a skill to be quickest in rain, I am going to be close to losing the top 5% trophy, it's just a poorly designed event. It appears you can place 6th or 7th in a mostly dry race and score higher than a person who won a race in wetter conditions.

Goodluck today @Getts0388

Edited by Mike5500
  • Agree 1

From my experience the thing that gets you the highest score is the total race time, so definately the quickest drivers are generally at the top of leaderboard.

Also, don't be concerned about winning the race if that's not the objective as this is not how the scoring system is based. For example if the objective is to finish in 7th place, you should set your ai to a level where you can just finish the race in 7th as this should get you the best score based on your difficulty bonus.

Also, using assists will generally give you a lower score, even though you might set a slower time. Even turning the racing line off can give you like a 4000 points bonus depending on the event.

1 hour ago, tharealbossman said:

From my experience the thing that gets you the highest score is the total race time, so definately the quickest drivers are generally at the top of leaderboard.

Also, don't be concerned about winning the race if that's not the objective as this is not how the scoring system is based. For example if the objective is to finish in 7th place, you should set your ai to a level where you can just finish the race in 7th as this should get you the best score based on your difficulty bonus.

Also, using assists will generally give you a lower score, even though you might set a slower time. Even turning the racing line off can give you like a 4000 points bonus depending on the event.

I understand what you're saying but my issue was with the Grand Prix style race that took place in China. Where everyone sets a qualifying time and then races one another. Usually the higher up on the finishing grid you are the better your overall score will be, also the faster you finish the race the higher your overall score will be, as it should. My main issue was that each race it rained at different times. The majority of races I entered it rained early, lap 5 or 6. When you have an event, the environment should be the same for all. It's a game not real life, I understand real life conditions can change but when you design it a certain way, it should be equal. When overall time matters and it rains early, it pretty much screws you out of getting a high score because wet equals way slower lap times. It should rain at the same time each race or not at all. I ended up with the top 5% trophy but my score was also beaten by people who had a qualifying time 5-6 seconds slower than me. That's an eternity in racing. Even though these people are slow, they got a mostly dry race and because of that scored high. It was just a horribly designed event in my opinion.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

I understand what you're saying but my issue was with the Grand Prix style race that took place in China. Where everyone sets a qualifying time and then races one another. Usually the higher up on the finishing grid you are the better your overall score will be, also the faster you finish the race the higher your overall score will be, as it should. My main issue was that each race it rained at different times. The majority of races I entered it rained early, lap 5 or 6. When you have an event, the environment should be the same for all. It's a game not real life, I understand real life conditions can change but when you design it a certain way, it should be equal. When overall time matters and it rains early, it pretty much screws you out of getting a high score because wet equals way slower lap times. It should rain at the same time each race or not at all. I ended up with the top 5% trophy but my score was also beaten by people who had a qualifying time 5-6 seconds slower than me. That's an eternity in racing. Even though these people are slow, they got a mostly dry race and because of that scored high. It was just a horribly designed event in my opinion.

Ok sorry, thought you were talking about a "featured event".

Keep in mind that the three practice sessions impact your score as well as your qualifying time, so if someone has scored higher from having a slower qually time this is possibly why (maybe have have scored all purples and fulfilled all team objectives in the practice sessions), but yeah 5-6 seconds is a lot, so that does seem flawed.

I have just found that I am usually towards the top of my friends leaderboard, because I have found that although it's slower, not using any traction, abs, racing line off, ers manual and manual gears achieves me the best score.

You just need to eperiment and find out what works best for you.