Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

BUG: pit ai goes over speed limit.

1.       A description of the issue:

Another gem from a league race we had in the past week. 
While waiting for the rain that came too late Just Chillin got himself a puncture and right before the pitstraight another one. 
As you can see he goes well slow enough when passing the line. The pit AI then proceeds to speed his car up to 80 (which is the speed limit presumably but when codies say 80 they actually mean 79)
And he ends up getting a penalty for it. Luckily he didn't have to stop again after that so the 5 second time penalty could be removed by our diligent stewards, always working overtime to correct the game when it acts out like this which happens more frequently than anyone not playing this game can possibly imagine. 

2.       What version of the game you are using 

3.       Game-mode? 
Unranked invite-only. (League race)

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

I've tried a few more times after this and it seems driving into the pits with both rear tires punctured can, but does not consistently, give you a penalty like this. 

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
Punctures don't happen often during normal play. Like most bugs this is a rare one that needs to be fixed regardless. (especially until we can stop the game from handing out stop go penalties)

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

This is a glitch that happens sporadically (tho when it does it can be quite detrimental to everyone's enjoyment, as can be seen in the video.)

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

J.C. uses a wheel. i haven't tried this on pad but i expect the results to be similar. 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenMoldyScallionTheTarFu

@BarryBL Can you please tell me where I went wrong in reporting? having them ignored like this feels bad man. 

5 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

@BarryBL Can you please tell me where I went wrong in reporting? having them ignored like this feels bad man. 

Hi @Bicarda,

I'm not ignoring you on purpose, its just we've had a lot on at the moment and I've been a little stretched. Apologies for that. Drop me a tag if its been a few days and its slipped through the cracks. 

I can look into this for you, as it seems really weird and he's below the required speed limit from the clip. I can understand the frustration on this one. Does it happen when you only have a puncture? How often has this happened? Just so we know for replication purposes.

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Bicarda,

I'm not ignoring you on purpose, its just we've had a lot on at the moment and I've been a little stretched. Apologies for that. Drop me a tag if its been a few days and its slipped through the cracks. 

I can look into this for you, as it seems really weird and he's below the required speed limit from the clip. I can understand the frustration on this one. Does it happen when you only have a puncture? How often has this happened? Just so we know for replication purposes.

I appreciate that! 🙂 was just wondering. Since you're working on this new f1 2020 now and it would be a shame if all these bugs remained in the game.

Well the problem here seems that the pit ai goes up to 80 (instead of the usual 79) while accelerating really late. so he is below it as he enters the pits but he does get to 80 as the pit ai accelerates. 
(if you pass the line with 80 yourself you get a penalty too) 

I've only see this happen with punctures. (or from getting shoved in the pits while already crossed the line with your front tires, but that's different obvs)
My guess it's just the pit ai being unable to drive precisely with a puncture. although the pit limiter should stop this from occurring . 

A fix however would be to just ONLY do the speed check as you enter the pits and not for the entire pitlane (cause we have no control over it anyway so it can only be the ai messing up anyway)

image.thumb.png.2d1d42a8c2d080cd0556db27ee8e130f.png

The other thing I noticed was the distance. This is 0m distance, the car is 4m long so does the limit only apply when the whole car is in the lane? I don't think you win races by having the whole of the car over the finish line (another potential anonmaly in the F1 rules?) 43.1 says AT THE LINE, says nothing about crossing it entirely and I've only ever seen photo finishes use noses in horse racing (F1 has had a 0.010s win - 1971 Italy, but no photos were used. Many races were under 1 second margin).

20 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

image.thumb.png.2d1d42a8c2d080cd0556db27ee8e130f.png

The other thing I noticed was the distance. This is 0m distance, the car is 4m long so does the limit only apply when the whole car is in the lane? I don't think you win races by having the whole of the car over the finish line (another potential anonmaly in the F1 rules?) 43.1 says AT THE LINE, says nothing about crossing it entirely and I've only ever seen photo finishes use noses in horse racing (F1 has had a 0.010s win - 1971 Italy, but no photos were used. Many races were under 1 second margin).

https://imgur.com/a/zIwZSBq

You are correct. In Codemasters' games you can speed for the first 4 meters of the pitlane. 
Could make a whole topic about that. But it's just a weird design choice like a lot of things.. 
Thought the fact that the ai makes him speed 40 meters after the line a bit more game breaking. 

ps. please remove post above. this forum is weird.