Jump to content Jump to content

Bug: Pitstop problem

Guest Bicarda

Guest Bicarda

So there's a lot of issues with pitstops, but one that we DO know how it is caused is this one:

1.       A description of the issue:
What happens is that when a driver who for whatever reason doesn't want to continue driving, he of course retires in the pits. That is the most sensible thing to do. It shouldn't cause a safety car as putting the car next to the track might, and that's where the car needs to go eventually anyway. https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectFamousCheddarTBCheesePull Here a car (the racing point) does just that. 

Now half a lap later his teammate comes into the pits, and watch with horror at what ensues: https://streamable.com/1jd073
As you can see the pitcrew is still walking on their way in, except the tires. they are already waiting. then it takes an awfully long time for them to glitch their way back and start servicing nicolas' car. 

A clear example of how a race can be decided by glitches. retiring in the pits should be as seamless a process as possible and not influence your teammate in any way. This also highlights another issue which is that the animations are taking way too long, double stacking is totally unviable whereas in real life a 4-5 second gap means there's hardly any time lost. 

2.       What version of the game you are using 

3.       Game-mode? 
Unranked invite-only. (League race)

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
It happens (not always in the same manner) often after your teammate retired in the pits. 
A fix would be to just have the pit crew not react to a retired car. have it disappear as soon as it's in the grid box. and reset the pit crew animation so they are ready for whatever comes their way. 

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
It takes someone to pit regularly soon after his teammate retired so. Doesn't happen every race. Happens way too often still.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

I've scoured the entire readme (which is as close I thing as I could find to a manual) but didn't find anything game related in there. Nothing that makes me think the person who wrote that is aware of any issues with this game during online play. 

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Both people involved use wheel. There is one pad driver in the league I believe. I don't think that had any effect on proceedings. 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
The video's are already provided above. 

Should really be if you hit the retire button before reaching the stop the car should drive into the garage (can be cutscene) or be animated like a practice or qualifying pitstop to return the car to it's jacks in the garage.

If you hit the button after the stop has begun the car should pull off the live lane and stop past the last garage and you get the usual on-track retirement cutscene.

• Administrator

Sorry @Bicarda, must've slipped through the posts.

Yeah, thats odd. Really odd, clearly adds a lot of time to the stop. I'll try and work out a way to re-create from home to understand this one. Just as a replication thing, how often do you see this under these circumstances? Helps me manage my expectations and how many tries to get this one.

Guest Bicarda
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Sorry @Bicarda, must've slipped through the posts.

Yeah, thats odd. Really odd, clearly adds a lot of time to the stop. I'll try and work out a way to re-create from home to understand this one. Just as a replication thing, how often do you see this under these circumstances? Helps me manage my expectations and how many tries to get this one.

It happens often enough during league races. There are consistent problems with a teammate pitting after his teammate retired in the pits. (have been since beta and have been reported since beta too. these are the kinds of things you would 100% know if there was any in house testing) It's not too common of a situation obviously (cause it requires someone to retire in the pits which might happen 1-3 times in a race but then also does the teammate need to stop shortly after) but i've seen many a league race ruined by this stuff.

Guest Bicarda
28 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It is more of a suggestion than a bug report. But I agree something needs to improve in the pit logic, especially unsafe release should apply and cars shouldn't bang and glitch into each other.

Nah a teammate totally getting screwed over by malfunctioning pit crew animations can be considered a bug man 😛

12 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Nah a teammate totally getting screwed over by malfunctioning pit crew animations can be considered a bug man 😛

I do beg your pardon, I hadn't watched the actual video as I've encountered stacking before, but that was more than lacklustre! Love the last guy from the pit crew sloping off as the car stops 🙂

Guest Bicarda
On 4/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Bicarda,

Myself and @RedDevilKT are currently testing through this one. Do you know exactly where the Racing Point stops on circuit? Could you potentially find this out for us? We're just trying to replicate exactly and we've seen as expected behaviour in our tests so far.

Sorry i missed this.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundCleanTarsierBrokeBack

I made a better clip. here you can see the retired RP driving out of the pits and putting the car on the inside of turn 2. 
You can also see that it's a minute later when RP 2 arrives at the scene. apart from the fact that cars shouldn't affect eachother that much in the first place the RP pitcrew had no business walking into the garage as late as that. Nevermind while a car was coming. 

I have also noticed this on USA. 
But i must say indeed from memory most cases of this happening have been at germany!

• Administrator

Okay, cool, we can try USA at some point in the next couple of days. 

We did quite a few attempts of this and could only replicate in Germany right now, but I'll update when we've tried USA. It seems to happen at GER in very specific circumstances that we have yet to find and nail down consistently, but I'll update you on how we get on. We have seen it.

Archived