Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Issues with F1 2019 on PC and HyperX Cloud II

Posted (edited)
1.       A description of the issue: Using the USB sound card provided for the HyperX Cloud II, F1 2019 on PC runs under 30fps.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.22.
3.       Game-mode? I have tried Career and Time Trial. Replays are not impacted it seems.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. Yes. If I start the game with the headset connected via USB, the menu will perform as expected. When the race or cut scene starts, it struggles to to maintain 30fps. As soon as the USB is disconnected, the game operates as normal (stable 60fps.) This is the only game I am experiencing this with.
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? Every time I try to play the game.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. Verified the integrity of the game files on Steam, reinstalled F1 2019, updated graphics card driver, update motherboard audio driver, multiple reboots, tried every USB port available.
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) Logitech G920, HyperX Cloud Fury II.
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. N/A
Edited by JoeDaugerdas
Did not follow template in original post
  • Thanks 1

Can you please try with this updated firmware and report back? (I can find no listing for a HyperX Cloud Fury II, just a HyperX Cloud II

Reportedly this update should also enable PS4 compatibility with the USB dongle.

@JoeDaugerdas other USB 7.1 surround devices have poor compatibility with the game. It is unlikely this will be resolved in this game lifecycle. Other users have reported that reverting to a stereo or even 5.1 mode has been a workaround.

The fallback position is you can use the headset directly into your onboard sound. I have the (original) HyperX Cloud myself and it doesn't have a dongle but works great and very comfortable.

Unfortunately, I tried the firmware install yesterday, but noticed the current version was higher than the one from that link. I wish it was as easy as using the onboard sound without the dongle, but then I sacrifice the mic.

The lack of a driver for this headset is a tad frustrating. Not even any sort of calibration without Windows.

Oh well, guess I'll have to chalk this up as an L and just use my Razer headset. I appreciate you taking a look at this.

6 hours ago, JoeDaugerdas said:

Unfortunately, I tried the firmware install yesterday, but noticed the current version was higher than the one from that link. I wish it was as easy as using the onboard sound without the dongle, but then I sacrifice the mic.

The lack of a driver for this headset is a tad frustrating. Not even any sort of calibration without Windows.

Oh well, guess I'll have to chalk this up as an L and just use my Razer headset. I appreciate you taking a look at this.

I double-checked and oddly the firmware is ONLY for PS4 compatibility, therefore taking it out of the official firmware release schedule (so well done!)

That's odd that you say there is no mic without the dongle. 

Make sure all of the connections are correct, including the ones to the control box or extension cable.

- Check that the microphone is plugged all the way into the head set.

- If you can verify that audio connections are working using an alternate microphone and speakers.

-See if the headset works with another computer or device.

- Check your audio settings to make sure the speakers and microphone are enabled and not muted or volume turned down too low. In many cases, the microphone on a computer is disabled or muted.

- Try to disable any audio software specifically for your audio adapter or other third party audio software and use the default audio controls in your operating system.

- If you are using the control box, make sure the volume there is turned up. Be aware this volume control is for the headphones only.

- Verify that the control box mute switch is not in the mute position.

-Check the audio settings in the game or application you are using. If you have tried the steps above and the headphones or microphone are still not working, please contact Kingston technical support for assistance.

KHX-052914-HDST-01

FAQ: KHX-052914-HDST-01

Contact Technical Support Questions about a Kingston product you already own? Ask a Kingston expert.

Live chat with Technical Support (Monday–Thursday 08:00–17:00; Friday 08:00–15:00)

Email Technical Support  Complete a short form for prompt resolution

Call Technical Support (Monday–Thursday 08:00–17:00; Friday 08:00–15:00) 01932 73 9055

Maybe you could point them in the direction of this thread.