Codemasters sim or Arcade?

CODEMASTERS WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS.   

112 members have voted

1. 1. YOU WANT F1 GAME TO BE SIM, ARCADE OR SIMCADE YOUR CHOICE! 😊

Hey! I've removed some comments from here (and some comments that are replying to those comments) due to them calling others names and such. You're free to continue talking about whatever we were talking as long as we don't start calling each other names 🙂 

Remember to check the forum rules from here!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask through PMs.

• Like 1

Whatever related to simulation of what it is perceived or how it is performed or shared is not a sport. So you'll less likely to see it in an official sport game. 

If you have any question in relation to be more specific, it was so harsh that it got moderated.

5 hours ago, MrDeap said:

Thanks for showing me that you're toxic. Did you not watch the youtube video with Villeneuve & Button on RF2? 

Toxic because i say the truth, mannnn snowflakes nower days, come back to me when you have produced your own tyre withing rf2 then applied to the vehicle, that you put real world figures into. 

Or just you know, keep wiping the milk of your mouth

Mr deap so niave that he thinks real world teams aren't trying to game the rules. 

I'm done, no talking to a fool, 

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Hey! I've removed some comments from here (and some comments that are replying to those comments) due to them calling others names and such. You're free to continue talking about whatever we were talking as long as we don't start calling each other names 🙂 

Remember to check the forum rules from here!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask through PMs.

Definitely some response provoking rather than thought provoking comments in here... I'm abstaining myself I know a dead end when I see it. Shame cos there could have been a valid discussion about what sim racing actually MEANS in here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

After reading all you posts in this thread, (watching the videos too) I can only conclude you must be a pathetic nerd too!

Thanks for the entertainment. 😁

I am already trying to understand and i Will reply before someone arrives here and delete it probably.. So its True that official F1 Teams had used sim Racing as yours own simulators.. Its tthe case of Williams in the early 2000 used a Modded Rfactor game.. Actually Ferrari and Alfa and Haas are using a Moded Assetto Corsa Game.. So if they used or are using them its because of some reason i think.. Now someone can delete some posts again. 

Thankyou 

19 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I do agree with most of what you see but you're being a bit harsh on the beginners/learners. We were learners once and the first half of my f12017 career was done with medium fc and abs until it got so boring and repetitive I turned them off then the whole game came alive.

I definitely agree that NOT using assists should either get your more points faster or there should be a cap on points learned with assists say to bronze, then to get silver and gold you need to remove them all.

The big problem here and its a HUGE one is that the last 10 years in gaming has seen a huge increase in gamers who play games initially for some fun but then ONLY play to get trophies, achievements and the totally devalued PLATINUM awards. If you research game guides and tips these days you don't get guides and tips you get CHEATS. The fastest and easiest ways to get these (worthless except for bragging rights) so called achievements. It's a major reason why you get so many dodgy people in lobbies. They are either there to win at ANY cost to get a trophy or they are just adding to their race counts so they will mess around to make it more fun for them or drop out as soon as the race starts. So the problem with getting skill points changed to award actually ummm skill is that the majority of players, the casuals, will just quit and play something else. SOME might stick it out and learn no assists and get really good and appreciate that they HAD to turn assist off but most will say the games just to hard and not fair on gamers.

So yeh it would be nice if us machine heads got our own trophies but nah it ain't gonna happen mate. The moment you put a trophy, achievement or performance goal in game these days EVERYONE wants it.

Your best bet would be to beg Codies to add a multiplyer into the game so that the less assists you use the faster you earn points. This way everyone can still put the hours in and max out without having to 'get gud'. So you might get 1 point every lap of racing with every assist on and each one you turn off gets you 2 then 3 etc. Of course I count tcam as an assist plus the racing line lol.

I have only 2 platinum games in my Steam collection of around 400 games. I don't know the 2nd one (shows how much I care haha) but the first was in Xcom Enemy Unknown. They was a total *******to get and it was really ******* hard. I HAD to become an expert in strategy and know the games every mechanic to do that. No workarounds, no cheats, no short cuts. I'm damn proud of it too. Impossible Ironman. 😎

I get you, but i'm maybe just a harsh ****, but beeing nice never got people anywhere so.... 

i bet 99,99% of people with MASTER "skill" level are using assists. These are the ones who outbreak you on the grass or go full throttle where its impossible to do it normally without TC, and so on.

putting a cap on it is also a good idea, max 3bronze, want to go up? Git gud. Learn to develop some actual skill.

now the term "SKILL" level is more an indication of who's assist user. 

having a master SKILL level when using assists totally brings down the value and meaning of calling it SKILL level. 

It's just condesending to the people who actually took the time to develop actual skill in whatever way whatsoever. 

don't call it skill level. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

i know mate.. I Don t wanna "words fight" against anyone and i am a very very Pacific /Calm person by the way.. I am here to try to put some Light and explain to everyone that we want the same thing.. We love F1.. We love Codemasters aswell.. I love all stuff they/we have already from all their Titles /Games.. Myself i start to think.. If other companies with a lot of limited resources financial very limited too and they build One of the most authentical sim Games ever.. One smallest studio had done a awesome job.. Why our Codemasters with the current status they have with the current conditions they have.. With a official licence of Fórmula One Why they Don t improve a little more?? What s the difficulty of making an option in the difficulty área of the game and why they Don t put that with the handling model of "Assetto Corsa" (realistic sim feeling) in my opinion Just put that thing in the game?? Who wants to use that physics would be able to choose them Who doesn t simply let the option on Off or Regular for example.. Like in other Games we have a option called "Steering :Arcade or Simulation that we could choose what we want to use.. That way the game is available anyway for all types of People (Pros or regular) and is open to for a New ones arriving at F1 world.. I Don t doubt it that Codemasters are perfectly able to do it and with that they will build the greateast F1 game ever of all the times  of all the times. 

And these examples of medal for rewards that yours are talking about based in "Driver Assists" used or not its a great great idea aswell.. But i think if Codemasters adapt the "Iracing" Penalty System in their online Modes i think its the shortest and easyest way to put the "Destruction Derby" People in order.. Becau

Because its bad when you start Last and when you do some great overtakes moves and After that appears a "Morron" somewhere and crash into to you with all the strenght and at the end you crash you damage your car and receive a f*****g Penalty 🚨🚨.. And After in the top of the table we have a Achievement to do aswell called :Safety ranking.. I ask what?? What?? What?? Are you kidding?? I understand "Kimi Raikkonen" now when he said :"Leave me alone i know what i have to do" 🤣🤣🤣

•  
Edited by CarlosSantos87
Sorry i had double some of my comment.. Already done editing

After appears some engineer speaking "IcemanRacing87" you have to continue trying and Racing for achiv that trophy of Safety.. I answer :yeah yeah yeah i am doing that all the Time 🤣🤣🤣

On 4/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, alp776 said:

For the first time ever(I had all F1 games since Mattelvision in the year 80 I will not buy F1 2020 as it is th same since sveral years , setups mean nothing, pads have great advantage compare to wheels ( I play without assist), multiplayer is zero..and I am sad because I love F1 ..since 1966...

I dream of iracing or similar on ps4 but I cannot see when with Coemaster having the licence for ever, now  I play GTS which has the big advantage for on line races organised each week with players of same level meaning a lot of fun..even it is not full simulation but a lot of pleasure to drive

Might try Assetto Corsa. It give you a lot of simulation feelings!. Definitly best sim for ps4.

• Thanks 1

Hello. It seems to me that the latest games from codemasters go more on simulation. They want the game from F1 to be in a few years simulation like: Assetto Corsa, Project Cars or iracing

Split screen, simplified off-road surfaces, 11th team, steering help. What.A.Joke. Please please sell the F1 license, Codemasters is creating an enhanced Mario Kart version.  

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, JackLane1982 said:

Split screen, simplified off-road surfaces, 11th team, steering help. What.A.Joke. Please please sell the F1 license, Codemasters is creating an enhanced Mario Kart version.  

Why is split screen and being another team on the F1 career grid a problem? I do not understand...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, delange93 said:

Might try Assetto Corsa. It give you a lot of simulation feelings!. Definitly best sim for ps4.

Assetto Corsa mate in my opinion its the fairway the bestest and most realistic game until Today that i had tryed.. And its amazing how a small limited "Kunos" Company with all kind of limitations its amazing how they done a awesome job.. Without having official Licences 

What is doing Codemaster, my team I dont care! I want a more realistic game, with car settings working properly, no advantage for pads, intersting and easy to use multiplayer, organized championships like is doing Gran Turismo. For the first time ever (I played all F1 games..) I will not buy the game this year and I am really sad becaused I loved F1 games but the last two were a nightmare

• Agree 1

I picked up AC for 4 quid on steam but you do have to buy the best open wheelers. Drove the lotus open wheeler thats free and its great on my G920.

Love PC2 apart from the formula A and X cars feel gripless but the Formula Renault is an amzing drive. The GT cars are great too.

I do not know where I fit in the customers base codies aim for but I do get incredibly frustrated on F1 2019 when I lose the car without the feedback to know why it happened I dont feel the back end stepping out as much as in the other titles or the grip I feel the cars should have on the wheel.

I bought my wheel to play F1 on and its very disapointing its great on a pad mind you.

• Agree 2

F12019 was more of a sim than arcade upto patch 1.04 .

in our F1 league the wheel guys were very happy but the pad guys obviously we're not  ,

somewhere along the lines the decision was made to go in another direction,

what we do know is codemasters are more then capable of producing a high end sim for F1 games,

will they , after buying SMS (PCARS2) funny Codemasters only own the rights to pcars2 (just to to get back at me frankie boy)  probably not make F1 into a sim,

As a businessman myself I personally think Codemasters could make millions more by having a Sim version of f1 , 

just look at all the ffb wheel users .

On 21 April 2020 at 12:41 PM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

• Agree 1

Been really annoyed with F1 2019 lately so about an hour ago whacked Assetto Corsa on. I have played it a while ago but for whatever reason never played it for a long time probably as all the good cars are DLC that I wanna drive. But drove the lotus exos 125 and the wheel just felt so great compared to F1 19. Yes I know different cars but the feeling of tyre on road and the feedback given to me made a very enjoyable experience and that was just doing laps around silver-stone. 

My issue with F1 2019 and to an extent 2018 (although I did feel I could push alot ore in 18) is the lack of enjoyment when driving. Someone posted somewhere that you should be able to do laps in a car and enjoy the experience I got that with Assetto in F1 I am playing it as its the only game that gives me some sort of idea of being an F1 driver (out of the way) the problem is when you get in it and the new video trailer of hotlaps arond the Zandvoort makes me think its just F1 2019 all over again.

2 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Been really annoyed with F1 2019 lately so about an hour ago whacked Assetto Corsa on. I have played it a while ago but for whatever reason never played it for a long time probably as all the good cars are DLC that I wanna drive. But drove the lotus exos 125 and the wheel just felt so great compared to F1 19. Yes I know different cars but the feeling of tyre on road and the feedback given to me made a very enjoyable experience and that was just doing laps around silver-stone. 

My issue with F1 2019 and to an extent 2018 (although I did feel I could push alot ore in 18) is the lack of enjoyment when driving. Someone posted somewhere that you should be able to do laps in a car and enjoy the experience I got that with Assetto in F1 I am playing it as its the only game that gives me some sort of idea of being an F1 driver (out of the way) the problem is when you get in it and the new video trailer of hotlaps arond the Zandvoort makes me think its just F1 2019 all over again.

Did you expect anything else? 🤣 I was already amazed that they changed the Font for which gear you're in🤣

now with pretty clouds and new Gear font!😂😂😂

• Haha 2

I suppose not lol i just hope there are improvements in the ffb I have quickly gone from pad gamer to full on wheel sim like player and the games less enjoyable compared to others but the only place to get an F1 like experience.

The more I drive on AC the less I enjoy F1 19.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AdamFreeman said:

I suppose not lol i just hope there are improvements in the ffb I have quickly gone from pad gamer to full on wheel sim like player and the games less enjoyable compared to others but the only place to get an F1 like experience.

The more I drive on AC the less I enjoy F1 19.

That s the point that we all were are trying to show Codemasters where they should / could /have to improve.. I am a greateast Fan of Codemasters but Assetto Corsa its fairway the Best sim ever in Handling model /Gameplay / immersion /feeling of the car etc etc etc 

11 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Did you expect anything else? 🤣 I was already amazed that they changed the Font for which gear you're in🤣

now with pretty clouds and new Gear font!😂😂😂

Mate the Gear font in Cockpit cam its much more crucial important for they it seems unfortunelly 😥😥.. They should improve the Gameplay and the Online Mode aswell.. ONLY 

Posted (edited)

Just got black flagged for reversing back onto the track after over shooting turn 2 at baku. Waiting for a clear track reversed instan DSQ what a joke!

Edit this has also turnes me into a  complete rookie from being a third up the veteran chart and cost me alot of rep with all teams! WTAF!   

Losing interest super fast only 4 races in.

Edited by AdamFreeman
More stupidness added
  • Sad 1

I am still impressed since the Last year to be honest how its possible for an Company with limited resources, without having a official Licence of F1 and that Company (Kunos) have done a impressive job.. Awesome job indeed.. How Codemasters having all the conditions /support/ Feedback they have the official Licence of F1 why they Don t do a game with these amazing things that others had done? The Gameplay of Assetto Corsa are absoulutelly great!!! REALISTIC SIMULATION ENJOYABLE ETC ETC ETC.. Its what i can t understand how.. And i am a greateast Fan of Codemasters.. But i am thinking in looking for others sims of F1.. I am starting to get tired of paying 50 bucks every year for it seems more or less the same thing..its time to change to improve Codemasters.. Look for what the Microsoft Company Does in Forza Motorsport Games for example.. They put in the options a definition that changes the type of Handling.. If is normal or Simulation and everyone is able to choose the option that they prefer more.. Why yours Don t adapt /put/introduce a thing like that in ours F1 Games??? 

3 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Just got black flagged for reversing back onto the track after over shooting turn 2 at baku. Waiting for a clear track reversed instan DSQ what a joke!

Edit this has also turnes me into a  complete rookie from being a third up the veteran chart and cost me alot of rep with all teams! WTAF!   

Losing interest super fast only 4 races in.

For me happened much worst mate.. My Safety rating had worst because of "Morrons" (stupid destruction derby guys) Who After beeing overtaked by you they smashes and crashes against you with all their strenght.. The final result:you crash, you damage your car and had a Penalty because the colision!! How that can be possible?? Its unaceptable this s**t