Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Codemasters sim or Arcade?

CODEMASTERS WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS.   

111 members have voted

1. 1. YOU WANT F1 GAME TO BE SIM, ARCADE OR SIMCADE YOUR CHOICE! 😊

13 hours ago, dwin20 said:

That is probably also a question for F1 management as well - why do they want their official game to be not realistic? Will that really appeal to fans? Will that really help people understand and engage in the sport better? 

That s the big point of the question.. Simulators everyone enjoys.. And indeed in the Simulators they have Assist that you can enable to fit with your driving style and helps you anyway.. So i can t understand how Codemasters Don t improve in a much more realistic Handling Style like the others sim Racing Does 

23 hours ago, AlexTT said:

I can tell you this:

If there's ever a version of F1 beeing released which has stable and good designed online lobbies Ranked split in assists and unranked much more oversight than the trash it is now, and the handling model is sooo good that even all the CURRENT F1 drivers are impressed, I don't care if it costs me 100 bucks. Hell I would even pay 200 bucks. But looking at what they're building again, i can save my money🤣

I had Remember now when some Youtuber had the opportunity to race against "Kimi Raikkonen" when the launch of this F1 2019 game.. And After some laps in Silverstone that YouTube driver had asked to Kimi whats the impression he has about the game? And Kimi said : uuuaaaaacc seems strange 

15 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

In some wheels mate you have to put less strenght sinal of ffb.. Because if their are too strong they could "Hide" a little the global others effects.. I advice you trying on the minimal and lap After lap raise from 5 in 5 values.. But i think your issue is in the "gain" option of ffb 

I have wheel on 75 had it on 60 but feels to light for me

Posted (edited)

AI logic is beyond ridicilous in qualy at Spaib and I actually feel decentish here anyway I start my hotlap and kimi my team mate is almost at end of pitlane as I am going down main straight he is at turn one when I break for the turn so I am hoping he moves out the way by going inside for turn 3 but does **** he waits all the way until turn 9 and instead of waiting for the long straight drs zone he decides to drop speed on the apex of turn 9 which is a fast corner I go off to avoid contact but what the actual ****!

Team are disapointed with my qualy effort yet kimi gets off scott free! Really thinking **** this game. I do full length sessions not just quick races all with no assists cockpit cam and the effort is wasted on beyond stupid AI.

Just to take pis despite all this after qualy we are both sat good as gold in office facing each other.

Edited by AdamFreeman
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

AI logic is beyond ridicilous in qualy at Spaib and I actually feel decentish here anyway I start my hotlap and kimi my team mate is almost at end of pitlane as I am going down main straight he is at turn one when I break for the turn so I am hoping he moves out the way by going inside for turn 3 but does **** he waits all the way until turn 9 and instead of waiting for the long straight drs zone he decides to drop speed on the apex of turn 9 which is a fast corner I go off to avoid contact but what the actual ****!

Team are disapointed with my qualy effort yet kimi gets off scott free! Really thinking **** this game. I do full length sessions not just quick races all with no assists cockpit cam and the effort is wasted on beyond stupid AI.

Just to take pis despite all this after qualy we are both sat good as gold in office facing each other.

Unfortunelly the IA on situations like that should be improved.. How many Times they ruins your laps and sometimes just stops/friezans the car just right ahead of you in a fast Zone!!! That happened with me too.. Had turned off the game and it was enough for that Day 

23 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

I had Remember now when some Youtuber had the opportunity to race against "Kimi Raikkonen" when the launch of this F1 2019 game.. And After some laps in Silverstone that YouTube driver had asked to Kimi whats the impression he has about the game? And Kimi said : uuuaaaaacc seems strange 

To be fair his first mistake was getting a real response from Kimi

But all those young F1 drivers picking up the game now, spending significant hours in it, should be asked about the most obvious flaws from an F1 driver's perspective. They know what their cars should feel like - corner speeds, gears, traction on dry and wet, behaviour of tyres after so many laps, slipperiness of particular kerbs etc.

Codemasters really needs to seize this opportunity to adjust the game's handling even if they can't turn the game into a sim for now.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

But all those young F1 drivers picking up the game now, spending significant hours in it, should be asked about the most obvious flaws from an F1 driver's perspective. They know what their cars should feel like - corner speeds, gears, traction on dry and wet, behaviour of tyres after so many laps, slipperiness of particular kerbs etc.

Codemasters really needs to seize this opportunity to adjust the game's handling even if they can't turn the game into a sim for now.

Absoulutelly True and i agreed with you.. They should already done that.. I am saying that since Last year.. The Assetto Corsa its the fairway the bestest example what a Motorsport Racing Game should be 

• Like 1

I really love assetto corsa handling model and Love just driving the track for an hour or so but what do I do after lol heard the careers naff and from what I have read sounds unappealing the saving grace for the f1 games is the offline modes have some depth (even if buggy)

I guess some one needs to point me to some leagues or iracing.

6 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

I really love assetto corsa handling model and Love just driving the track for an hour or so but what do I do after lol heard the careers naff and from what I have read sounds unappealing the saving grace for the f1 games is the offline modes have some depth (even if buggy)

I guess some one needs to point me to some leagues or iracing.

Mate if you are millionaire i can recommend you to go to Iracing.. But i personally Don t like too much that sim how i like the Assetto.. I feel physics of Iracing it was irrealistic in some cars and you have to pay too much for having the full content already exists for the game.. All the stuff available fairway the bestest is Assetto and After i think RFactor 2 is an excelent sim too 

15 hours ago, RaceMyZaru said:

I do remember Kimi saying game is S**t. From what I’ve read Lando and Max think it is to.

• Agree 1

I’ve now posted new topic on general page a poll to see what everyone wants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hill0 said:

I’ve now posted new topic on general page a poll to see what everyone wants. 

Good idea...

1 hour ago, Hill0 said:

I do remember Kimi saying game is S**t. From what I’ve read Lando and Max think it is to.

I remember the Kimi s words after the Youtuber asked to him what he think about the game.. 

• Agree 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:39 AM, Hill0 said:

I like to know if you will ever make a formula 1 sim game?

Im also hope that you sorted out ERS because in real life they don’t change ERS Manuel.

All the f1 games every year been arcade and it be great if you can do a sim version?

Knowing you brought Mad Studio ( project cars) I hope you won’t be making Project cars 3 in to an arcade! 

Thanks in advance.

Just dumb. Project Cars isn't a simulator, it's a video game. I think F1 is a better video game myself but whatever. All of these things are video games. iRacing, F1, Project Cars, they're all video games. That's it. Even if you buy a thousand dollar wheel, it's still a video game. You want a simulator? Go buy a 100k simulator from Red Bull.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/01/motorsport/formula-one-red-bull-racing-simulator-feature/index.html

Microsoft Flight Simulator, is ... a video game. It will only ever be a video game. Even if you go buy a $500 yoke. It's still a video game. This machine below is a Flight Simulator. 

boeing.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Pitchpole said:

Just dumb. Project Cars isn't a simulator, it's a video game. I think F1 is a better video game myself but whatever. All of these things are video games. iRacing, F1, Project Cars, they're all video games. That's it. Even if you buy a thousand dollar wheel, it's still a video game. You want a simulator? Go buy a 100k simulator from Red Bull.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/01/motorsport/formula-one-red-bull-racing-simulator-feature/index.html

Microsoft Flight Simulator, is ... a video game. It will only ever be a video game. Even if you go buy a $500 yoke. It's still a video game. This machine below is a Flight Simulator. 

boeing.jpg

Nope, nope, and nope again. Your extreme opinion there is effectively saying unless your hardware/software is THE most realistic (or in your very simple example actually the BIGGEST) in the whole world then it disqualifies as a sim period. It totally discounts the actual real world where we have the adjectives crappy, poor ,ok, good, great and awesome to describe the QUALITY of everything. There such things as poor sims, good sims and awesome sims. They are all sims even if NOT totally realistic. There are also some games that either aspire to be sims but fall short due to completely inaccurate real life modelling and also games that do really well in certain areas and poorly in others. 

How do you actually differentiate between a sim and a game? Not by your method for sure of saying if ain't big and expensive its not a sim. I suggest the following as a fairer real world definition:

If a piece of software is designed and coded to attempt to accurately represent real life physics as accurately as possible (despite how user unfriendly it is and hard to use), then it is a sim. If the software is designed primarily to be fun and accessible to as many as possible of all ages and compromises/alterations are made in every part of the application to avoid the laws of physics so as to make an easier experience then it's a game.

It's THAT simple. Then you can argue the merits of each sim by saying whether they succeeded or failed or did an ok job and point out how to improve it. This is logical and possible.

IF you take an obvious game like the F1 series and argue that they fail to produce a realistic simulation and therefore explain how they can improve their realism (and make playability tougher) you are fighting an unwinnable battle as the software is not supposed to BE a sim. All you can do is put forward suggestions as to how you can make it more realistic WITHOUT increasing playing difficulty. If you prefer sims you will never be happy with the F1 games. But you COULD have fun. Lots of us enjoy sims AND games for different reasons. The point here is if you like sims but are playing a game then don't keep mentioning how it's not like real life UNLESS you mean aesthetically, where it's entirely possible to make realism improvements without affecting GAME play. More realistic ERS/DRS/tracks/brakes etc do NOT make a game harder especially when you have auto options or assists. A highly realistic handling/grip model is not possible as the assist system is finely tuned to the rather simplistic grip system. No it's not realistic but it's FUN. Lots of people. most of them (the gamers) have a blast playing it. You cant just slap a real world handling model in there . If you did you would have to do what only the best engineers in F1 have ever done before. Build a TC/ABS system that reacts to real world physics. You can't even simulate F1 without removing all assists completely. You think it's hard now with no assists? Just imagine a real handling model with no assists. That's called the real world and as it's so hard for a non pro driver to handle safely that car manufactures DO include assists these days as standard. We used to worship race drivers (and still do lol) because they would race in the most dangerous machines on the planet yet mostly not crash or burn. 

Anyway I'm off point. If you ATTEMPT to build a sim, not a fun casual experience, then you HAVE a sim. Whether it's any good is another discussion.

If it's primary purpose is to ENTERTAIN, it won't ever be a sim it's a GAME.

It is blatantly obvious which software releases are games and which are sims. Sometimes a dev tries to both and usually fails badly because they dont have a full experience then, only 2 HALF experiences. NOBODY is happy with the experience and it dies a death.

This constant snobbery between players/gamers/simmers as to whether a software is sim/game/arcade/simcade is silly and unfair to developers. Call it a game, or a sim, or a mishmash of both if you like. All the releases mentioned in this thread are games or sims in my opinion using the rules I just described.

If you aspire to be an athlete and go out running and training to build speed and endurance then you ARE an athlete. Maybe not a good one but still an athlete. If you just walk or jog and only enter fun runs for pleasure then you are a fun -runner. no shame in that, just don't call yourself an athlete! If to qualify as an athlete you have to be good enough to win Olympic gold then no-one would even START the process.

BTW yes I'm a ****, not a very good **** for sure but I aspire to be a better **** all the time so please don't disrespect me and my ****ness. It's what I am!

:classic_cool::classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@Hill0 I've hidden the other thread and added the poll here, as I know this thread will get significantly more action compared to a thread with a generic title and no one replying to it 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More realistic please...

-own steering and brake in pit (automatic/manuell)

-pit limiter disable all time in pit or to early on pit exit

-telemetry inGame

-more realistic damage

• Agree 1

Real people with FIA license play videogame in 3rd person. Simcade all the way & more esport ready.

All the technical & overbloated simulation jargon should be thrown in the garbage. Videogame is a completely different entity.

Everyone like to watch fighting game tournament & it's nothing like real fighting. Same goes for fps games. Sure you want a specific realism, but don't overbloat where it's not needed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

@Hill0 I've hidden the other thread and added the poll here, as I know this thread will get significantly more action compared to a thread with a generic title and no one replying to it 🙂 

Thank you I didn’t know how to add the poll on here 👍

Remember people to cast your vote on this page be interesting to see what everyone wants from F1 Codemasters. 

These days we have very good hardware with Fanatec wheels also Thrustmaster. I remember the early years of elastic bands inside the wheel with no force feedback 😂 

I’ve got nothing against Codemasters I love the Dirt rally games my favourite being Dirt 2.0 F1 games are good with career mode and graphics are good and they all have the fun factor. It’s the physics the handling which needs much improvement. Car setups need changing the ERS need to be realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hill0 said:

Remember people to cast your vote on this page be interesting to see what everyone wants from F1 Codemasters. 

These days we have very good hardware with Fanatec wheels also Thrustmaster. I remember the early years of elastic bands inside the wheel with no force feedback 😂 

I’ve got nothing against Codemasters I love the Dirt rally games my favourite being Dirt 2.0 F1 games are good with career mode and graphics are good and they all have the fun factor. It’s the physics the handling which needs much improvement. Car setups need changing the ERS need to be realistic.

Yeah i agree with everyone here just we have to know and to have the sure that first they have to read /listen our opinions 

1 hour ago, AdamFreeman said:

Look who is top! Mr/Miss full bang assists lol

F1 2019 (DirectX 12) 05_05_2020 11_46_14.png

The problem here clearly isn't assists but some exploit

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

The problem here clearly isn't assists but some exploit

And theres my getting times deleted for having 2 wheels off track lol

20 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

And theres my getting times deleted for having 2 wheels off track lol

Shame. I have a GP2 engine when it comes to F1 games.