Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Codemasters sim or Arcade?

CODEMASTERS WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS.   

110 members have voted

1. 1. YOU WANT F1 GAME TO BE SIM, ARCADE OR SIMCADE YOUR CHOICE! 😊

2 hours ago, Hill0 said:

Remember people to cast your vote on this page be interesting to see what everyone wants from F1 Codemasters. 

These days we have very good hardware with Fanatec wheels also Thrustmaster. I remember the early years of elastic bands inside the wheel with no force feedback 😂 

I’ve got nothing against Codemasters I love the Dirt rally games my favourite being Dirt 2.0 F1 games are good with career mode and graphics are good and they all have the fun factor. It’s the physics the handling which needs much improvement. Car setups need changing the ERS need to be realistic.

I think this poll will have significantly less answers than the official polls from Codies for example, so I doubt it'll have a huge difference... so I'd say remember to cast your vote on the actual surveys 🙃

4 hours ago, MrDeap said:

Real people with FIA license play videogame in 3rd person. Simcade all the way & more esport ready.

DR2.0 side says hi 😁

Posted (edited)

Real people, not the "chevy real" people are willing to learn videogame physic. It's a different type of racecraft & can be respected appropriately.

Edited by MrDeap

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

I think this poll will have significantly less answers than the official polls from Codies for example, so I doubt it'll have a huge difference... so I'd say remember to cast your vote on the actual surveys 🙃

Where are those?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

Where are those?

Exactly a Survey like this above its exactly what Codemasters have to do.. Right Now 75 % of People are asking /wishing an F1 Sim Game 🙏🙏.. That means a lot already.. Fully supported by myself.. Congratulations for Who had this idea in making this specific Survey 😃😃

2 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Exactly a Survey like this above its exactly what Codemasters have to do.. Right Now 75 % of People are asking /wishing an F1 Sim Game 🙏🙏.. That means a lot already.. Fully supported by myself.. Congratulations for Who had this idea in making this specific Survey 😃😃

All nice to dream of but can't possibly happen. Codies have signed to produce the annual f1 game for the next 5 years that F1 management want them to produce, the mass selling accessible to everyone of all ages fun easy to play game. They're not going to hire a second highly paid top level engineer level game design team that would have to work hand in hand with all the teams and engine manufacturers to get close to a real sim. I don't blame them either that would be business suicide! Because of the licensing nobody else can make an F1 sim either unless it's sponsored by ONE particular manufacturer to make their car simlike. Then it would be just the same cars going round the track. Would be a great trainer but you'd be looking at $4000 or so per license plus another $15k for the hardware to match.

All we can realistically push for is minor systems like ERS and safety car, tire models etc to be more realistic. Real life handling for all the cars just impossible. Without all the cars people wouldn't be happy.

Sorry if this is a downer but we need to focus imo on stuff we can realistically persuade Codies to put in the game. We need to show there is market for improvements and that the additions would not take many resources away from the regular team projects.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

All nice to dream of but can't possibly happen. Codies have signed to produce the annual f1 game for the next 5 years that F1 management want them to produce, the mass selling accessible to everyone of all ages fun easy to play game. They're not going to hire a second highly paid top level engineer level game design team that would have to work hand in hand with all the teams and engine manufacturers to get close to a real sim. I don't blame them either that would be business suicide! Because of the licensing nobody else can make an F1 sim either unless it's sponsored by ONE particular manufacturer to make their car simlike. Then it would be just the same cars going round the track. Would be a great trainer but you'd be looking at $4000 or so per license plus another $15k for the hardware to match.

All we can realistically push for is minor systems like ERS and safety car, tire models etc to be more realistic. Real life handling for all the cars just impossible. Without all the cars people wouldn't be happy.

Sorry if this is a downer but we need to focus imo on stuff we can realistically persuade Codies to put in the game. We need to show there is market for improvements and that the additions would not take many resources away from the regular team projects.

Its a little sad your point but its our reality unfortunelly.. There s a lot marge for improvement that s True but Don t seems to me much interest in run for it.. In my opinion F1 Codemasters is loosing the race for others Games /Sims and its a shame and sadness because looking for the entire content we have in this F1 series an much more authentical realistic game would do they how the Best of the World!! Its what is missing on this Titles and i can imagine what so pleusurous and enjoyable would be with a realistic game.. I won t buy the next game and since the 2012 will be the first time that i won t buy an Codemasters F1 game 😥😥

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Its a little sad your point but its our reality unfortunelly.. There s a lot marge for improvement that s True but Don t seems to me much interest in run for it.. In my opinion F1 Codemasters is loosing the race for others Games /Sims and its a shame and sadness because looking for the entire content we have in this F1 series an much more authentical realistic game would do they how the Best of the World!! Its what is missing on this Titles and i can imagine what so pleusurous and enjoyable would be with a realistic game.. I won t buy the next game and since the 2012 will be the first time that i won t buy an Codemasters F1 game 😥😥

I agree totally with all you say. Sadly we're in a minority, but its always the case with anything in the world where you seek excellence. Whoever is providing a product has to actually make money to pay wages and increase the worth of the company. People like us who by definition are maybe the hardcore 5 or 10% at most can't buy enough copies to make it worth it any company to produce the product we really want. At least Codies are not like some companies (EA, Bethesda?!?) who use corporate tactics to sell non-working garbage stuffed with loot boxes and MTs. I hope they stay clear of the latter but at least we get a good looking game that is FUN. I'm fine getting the game every 2 o 3 years when there's a noticeable difference and i between I just use mods with the latest drivers and liveries.

Hope we meet up on the track one day man, but will probably have to be another game for a while!

• Agree 1

I'm not sure i agree with this notion "it must be simcade or it won't sell", pure arcade racers like NFS seem to be at an all time low, Pcars seemed to do well sales wise in console space... and of course PC is sim dominated (however small the market is). The book on how to combine sim physics with low skill accessability is pretty old by now, everybody has seen it (of course there will always be those that set the game to hardcore and say it's undriveable, human idiocy exists).
Furthermore yearly franchises tend to rely a lot on returning customers, and with those players already being used to normal gameplay you usually have some margin to make things more complex and sophisticated and it won't be a huge entry barrier because by and large people already understand the fundamentals.

The bigger problem for me is the exclusive license, Codemasters has no motivation to push harder and further because there are'nt really any other options, if there was competition then we would see exactly how much "sim" the market wants.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I agree totally with all you say. Sadly we're in a minority, but its always the case with anything in the world where you seek excellence. Whoever is providing a product has to actually make money to pay wages and increase the worth of the company. People like us who by definition are maybe the hardcore 5 or 10% at most can't buy enough copies to make it worth it any company to produce the product we really want. At least Codies are not like some companies (EA, Bethesda?!?) who use corporate tactics to sell non-working garbage stuffed with loot boxes and MTs. I hope they stay clear of the latter but at least we get a good looking game that is FUN. I'm fine getting the game every 2 o 3 years when there's a noticeable difference and i between I just use mods with the latest drivers and liveries.

Hope we meet up on the track one day man, but will probably have to be another game for a while!

For me will be a pleusure mate 😃😃 we are F1 Lovers and Who loves Racing loves and so.. I am thinking to turn and buy the full content of Assetto and turning for there.. I am really tired and a little desapointed currently with Codemasters because seems that they Don t care about we say or we think.. Myself in Last year i had tryed to show how and where they should bet all efforts (how most all of them) and nothing was done.. Greatful for us we have some others sims that we can enjoy a lot.. Do you have Xbox? 

3 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

For me will be a pleusure mate 😃😃 we are F1 Lovers and Who loves Racing loves and so.. I am thinking to turn and buy the full content of Assetto and turning for there.. I am really tired and a little desapointed currently with Codemasters because seems that they Don t care about we say or we think.. Myself in Last year i had tryed to show how and where they should bet all efforts (how most all of them) and nothing was done.. Greatful for us we have some others sims that we can enjoy a lot.. Do you have Xbox? 

I'm PC and PS4 sorry! Otherwise I'm happy to try any game with you 😄

i intend to get Assetto the next time its on sale!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LChaves01 said:

I'm not sure i agree with this notion "it must be simcade or it won't sell", pure arcade racers like NFS seem to be at an all time low, Pcars seemed to do well sales wise in console space... and of course PC is sim dominated (however small the market is). The book on how to combine sim physics with low skill accessability is pretty old by now, everybody has seen it (of course there will always be those that set the game to hardcore and say it's undriveable, human idiocy exists).
Furthermore yearly franchises tend to rely a lot on returning customers, and with those players already being used to normal gameplay you usually have some margin to make things more complex and sophisticated and it won't be a huge entry barrier because by and large people already understand the fundamentals.

The bigger problem for me is the exclusive license, Codemasters has no motivation to push harder and further because there are'nt really any other options, if there was competition then we would see exactly how much "sim" the market wants.

I think if "Kunus" could win the official Licence i can imagine lwhat they probably can would produce!! it could be a greateast smash against any kind of direct competition.. If they without Licence and limited resources they had done what they Did with a great amount of support and beeing the Officials nothing could arrive nearby.. 80 % of F1 Codemasters gamers (not only) we love Assetto Modeling handling and game itself 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

OK mate 😃😃 i will have all the pleasure to race with you.. If you buy we could made a Team 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Where are those?

Currently nowhere. We had four or five surveys during the quieter months. Some were about why you would/wouldn't buy the game, some where about online, some about microtransactions and so on 🙂 

3 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

I think if "Kunus" could win the official Licence i can imagine lwhat they probably can would produce!! it could be a greateast smash against any kind of direct competition.. If they without Licence and limited resources they had done what they Did with a great amount of support and beeing the Officials nothing could arrive nearby.. 80 % of F1 Codemasters gamers (not only) we love Assetto Modeling handling and game itself 

"Win the official license"? "Smash the competition"? It would actually be an absolute disaster for the game series. Considering their company size and past games, they'd definitely throw out pretty much any career and atmosphere features that Codemasters spent years adding. Yes, the driving would be better on a wheel and setups might be more sensible so sim enthusiasts would be happy, but at best you'd have some barebones soulless championship mode like all those other racing games that call themselves sims and it would take years to get back the features that made the series one of the best singleplayer experiences in racing games. And Assetto Corsa isn't exactly iRacing on the multiplayer front either.

Basically you'd set F1 games back to F1 2015 times and the vast majority of buyers who only play on gamepads wouldn't even notice much of a difference from a driving perspective, they'd just see the reduced features.

In some dream world where F1's management throws millions and full access to tracks and teams at the development team while giving them several years to make a feature-rich experience, I'd agree with you, but that's not gonna happen.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

"Win the official license"? "Smash the competition"? It would actually be an absolute disaster for the game series. Considering their company size and past games, they'd definitely throw out pretty much any career and atmosphere features that Codemasters spent years adding. Yes, the driving would be better on a wheel and setups might be more sensible so sim enthusiasts would be happy, but at best you'd have some barebones soulless championship mode like all those other racing games that call themselves sims and it would take years to get back the features that made the series one of the best singleplayer experiences in racing games. And Assetto Corsa isn't exactly iRacing on the multiplayer front either.

Basically you'd set F1 games back to F1 2015 times and the vast majority of buyers who only play on gamepads wouldn't even notice much of a difference from a driving perspective, they'd just see the reduced features.

In some dream world where F1's management throws millions and full access to tracks and teams at the development team while giving them several years to make a feature-rich experience, I'd agree with you, but that's not gonna happen.

Also not to mention that their games are usually not developed in a single year as far as I'm aware, so we may not even get anything close to what they've been doing previously.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

my AC copy was 4 quid on steam in January 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Also not to mention that their games are usually not developed in a single year as far as I'm aware, so we may not even get anything close to what they've been doing previously.

Though now that I think about it, Codemasters faces the opposite problem when it comes to features.

There's so much in the game now - F2, R&D tree and practice programs, full driver market, classic cars, alternative race weekends, media interviews, team manager mode etc. - that you have to ask yourself "what's next"? What's the big feature to slap on the marketing material afterwards? And when they move over to next gen, will they be able to retain all these features or start over like in 2015? (Please no)

As I mentioned before in this forum, you can't really use "fixed all the bugs" as marketing material even though many more involved players want to hear that, so where do they go from here? Add in a full career path from Karting to F1? Expand the My Team mode for years? It risks becoming a bit gimmicky just to justify new versions.

Even if the game were rebuilt to be more "sim", that's a feature to promote for one year and then what? The yearly release model really doesn't help here.

Note that I'm excluding VR here because it's not really something that would be of much use on the console versions, even if I have VR and play on PC myself.

Edited by RaceMyZaru

10 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Thanks mate was my idea to do survey and the mod kindly put it on this topic page for me 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

my AC copy was 4 quid on steam in January 🙂

I know I was a button click away from buying it! I only didn't as I was worried they would be a couple years of intense tuning again for me as that is what I love doing 🤔🤣.

Next time I'll get it though. I have to admit my addiction and just feed it gently!

😏😉😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UP100 said:

Currently nowhere. We had four or five surveys during the quieter months. Some were about why you would/wouldn't buy the game, some where about online, some about microtransactions and so on 🙂 

I remember only one last year (didn't see the others) and it was basically a marketing survey - and nothing that asked about what you might want to see in improving realism in terms of F1 driving. You can't find out what people want if you don't ask them about it. 

5 hours ago, Hill0 said:

Thanks mate was my idea to do survey and the mod kindly put it on this topic page for me 😊

Great mate!!! And congratulations too for the Mods because its with our ideas Feedbacks meanings and words that can make a huge improvement for the future.. The customers Feedback its half way done 😃😃

16 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

I remember only one last year (didn't see the others) and it was basically a marketing survey - and nothing that asked about what you might want to see in improving realism in terms of F1 driving. You can't find out what people want if you don't ask them about it. 

I had made 3 or 4 posts talking and giving my honest opinion what would or should to be introduced in the game.. Unfortunelly that proovs what i think.. Its really Hard for Codemasters reading /listenning what we (customers) (F1 Fans) wants and what we would enjoy it more 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UP100 said:

The format they used for ACC is much more reasonable if priority number 1 isn't milking the consumer, launched a game with 2018 content, gave 2019 content as DLC.

They are introducing 2020 skins as we speak.

If they wanted to launch the same game with new content they could've done it.

Edited by LChaves01

47 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

The others were done this year with such surveys like how is the multiplayer and another one that was generally about did you/didn't you buy F1 2019 and why would you/would you not purchase an upcoming F1 game