List your 5 most recent enjoyed racing games

4 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Cool topic! I’ve played a lot of different racing games recently, including all CM titles. These are my 5 picks:

Project Cars 2, probably my most played racing game of this generation. And the oldest game on my list  

WRC 8, I found it to be the better rally game last year (for the first time). I hope they continue this with WRC 9.

MotoGP 19, if you like MotoGP, this is actually pretty good. Looking forward to MotoGP 20.

TT Isle of man 2, released just last month.  A very fun an definitely challenging racing game.  

And F1 2019, I know there are a lot of complaints about this title. It’s not perfect, but it’s still a pretty good racing game and it’s just a lot of fun, especially in a league with friends. Hopefully they’ll do a good job on F1 2020 (and don’t go crazy with the mtx, but that’s a whole different conversation)

I didn't know there was a TT2. Will check it out thanks! I'm a motorcyclist myself and always wanted to go to the Manx races when I was younger. Haven't purchased a bike game so far probably because I haven't found one that feels anything like actually riding a bike, ie leaning etc. If there was some way to tilt your head while turning like real life they would be cool! Do you use a controller or a wheel?! I love long street circuits like the 3 in pcars (I'm counting Nordschleife!) It's so fun pretending it's the seventies and taking a vintage Lotus round there.

Thanks for the info you reminded me to put some more games on my wishlist. It's a good time to carry things up too!

Ok, this is gonna date me horribly, but here goes:

F1 2019:  I really like the career mode with the new features (practise programmes, upgrade paths, even how your interviews can affect the morale of the team). I haven't played it enough to see how that plays out later in the season.  I also have not yet played multiplayer.  I will say, however, that the traction and handling in 2012 was better than 2019.  Randomly losing traction in all four tyres because of touching the edge of a curb is a bit nuts.

F1 2012:  Played this since 2013.  Love it.  Just finished a season a couple weeks ago - just before starting 2019.  Yeah, it has issues, but it's a great game in and of itself.

GT6: The Gran Turismo series are just amazing.  I still have GT1, 2, and 3 at home, and the PS1 and PS2 to play them on.  🙂

GT5: Again, amazing modelling and realistic driving. This edition also included bi-weekly events that gained you a LOT of coin in the game if you could hit the purple times.

GT3:  Probably my favourite driving game of all time.  I played this with my friends nearly 20 years ago.  I have no idea how many hours I spent playing this game. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

GT6: The Gran Turismo series are just amazing.  I still have GT1, 2, and 3 at home, and the PS1 and PS2 to play them on. 

Me too! Those games were my intro into racing games. Surprised to see no GT4? My proudest GT moment ever was finally completing the infamous Mission 34 at Nordschleife to 100% the game. Even harder than GT3 final mission with the rear wheel drive Porsche and that incredibly hard cone circuit. Took me 2 weeks day and night to finally beat it.... By a couple of inches!!

Edited by sloppysmusic

Dirt Rally 2.0 (PS4): Codies back at it with a great rallying game. Got it for free from the PS Store which is just absurdly awesome! Instantly shoveled some shekels towards the company by buying the season pass. Last night I was racing some friends online in normal rally mode as well as rallycross.

F1 2019 (PS4): For all its problems I'll hand out credit for the game for how much fun it is to drive in the wet. I had some time to kill so I did some full wet time trial runs in Singapore with the Red Bull.

Dirt Rally (PS4): It was the best rally game since Richard Burns Rally and that says a lot. It's still great fun, but with Dirt Rally 2.0 back to its roots I doubt I'll be playing it that much in the future.

Assetto Corsa (PS4): The physics. THE PHYSICS. I was smashing the Alpha Romeo 155 V6 Ti DTM around the high-speed bends of Mugello. Great game, great car, great track. The worst thing about the game? No wet weather..

Richard Burns Rally (PC): I wanted to see if my 13 year-old PC still launched the game, and it did! Minestone in Australia with the Subaru Impreza. Powerslides between trees and gorges that made Ken Block look like a no-cojones amateur.

24 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Me too! Those games were my intro into racing games. Surprised to see no GT4? My proudest GT moment ever was finally completing the infamous Mission 34 at Nordschleife to 100% the game. Even harder than GT3 final mission with the rear wheel drive Porsche and that incredibly hard cone circuit. Took me 2 weeks day and night to finally beat it.... By a couple of inches!!

Nice!! I never did purple that cone challenge.

The racing in GT4 was great, but the menu was so horrifyingly terrible that I just can't include it. 🤣

I remember doing the endurance race (24 hours of Nurburgring).  I had to pit for tires every lap.  😛  Was about 18 hours into it (pausing, of course) when the power went out.  I still got through it eventually, and got (if I remember correctly) the ONLY open-wheel car in the entire game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I didn't know there was a TT2. Will check it out thanks! I'm a motorcyclist myself and always wanted to go to the Manx races when I was younger. Haven't purchased a bike game so far probably because I haven't found one that feels anything like actually riding a bike, ie leaning etc. If there was some way to tilt your head while turning like real life they would be cool! Do you use a controller or a wheel?!

I don’t ride motorcycles myself, so I wouldn’t know if it comes close to the real thing. Also, I haven’t played the first one, so I can’t tell you if it’s been improved or anything. But I’m having fun with it. Most reviews give about a 7, so it’s good, but don’t expect it to set the world on fire. I’m playing it with a controller.

I love long street circuits like the 3 in pcars (I'm counting Nordschleife!) It's so fun pretending it's the seventies and taking a vintage Lotus round there.

Yes! For me it’s the vintage Lotus on the historic Monza or Hockenheim circuit.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

vintage Lotus on the historic Monza or Hockenheim circuit.

Plus Historic LeMans too! Doesn't feel right taking new cars around classic circuits and vice versa. I'd love to see a historic Monaco too although I think they couldn't do it because licensing. I saw a wonderful video from the fifties I think with on car footage in glorious 35mm color, 4k basically on YouTube. There were no barriers and you could see groups of 3 or 4 people standing on the kerbs right by the cars! Wouldn't be safe with today's speeds of course. Your comment reminds me to set up a customer race round those tracks next time I play!

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I saw a wonderful video from the fifties I think with on car footage in glorious 35mm color, 4k basically on YouTube. There were no barriers and you could see groups of 3 or 4 people standing on the kerbs right by the cars!

I’ve actually seen that video, it’s called “Monaco Grand Prix 1962 - high quality footage - flying clipper”. It’s such a great clip. This makes me want to revisit Project Cars too, thnx mate 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I’ve actually seen that video, it’s called “Monaco Grand Prix 1962 - high quality footage - flying clipper”. It’s such a great clip. This makes me want to revisit Project Cars too, thnx mate 😄

That's the one thanks for looking it up! I'd buy THAT game especially if you could customize your leather helmets and goggles!

EDIT :I just realized there are a bunch of Monaco races from the 60's on YouTube and I just watched a fascinating 1960 color documentary on practice and race. Not HD this time but still vibrant color.. Those red Ferraris!....... Stirling Moss RIP  had a good race keeping his car steady in the rain at half way. It seems more of an endurance race back then 100 laps if 1:30 per lap.. Near the end only 4 cars were left in the race and as you got points for top 6 several drivers try to make roadside repairs to get back into the race. I watched every minute. Couldn't turn it off! Be kinda cool if some of these movies were bundled with games and unlocked when you won at the track.

I'm trying to think of the recent game that featured racing from yesteryear.. I swear it was the thirties! Will go searching now.. I got vintage racing fever again lol. Maybe one day we can do a historical pcars lobby? 😁

Cmon Codies put some old tracks out... License some classic Ferraris!

Edited by sloppysmusic
Video link

8 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

Rf2 is where I spend most of my time 

I'm going to have to look at this game again with all the mentions in this thread so far.

1. Assetto Corsa - PC - 746hrs

Definetly the game I spent most hours driving in, the endless possibilties in terms of modding definetly make sure that it never gets old or boring. Definetly aiming for the 1000hr mark here 😉

2. Dirt Rally 2.0 - PC - 124hrs

Just love rallying at all, and the challenge and the absolute satisfaction when it comes to nailing a stage is just awesome!

3. F1 2018 - PC - 148hrs

Definetly the game I enjoy the most of the F1 games, as it's the last game that offers access to the localisation files and therefore modding, which makes sure that it never gets boring!

4. MotoGP 16 (Valentino Rossi the Game) - PC - 78hrs

Just love it due to the story behind and the way you're working your way up through Vales academy, with the other modes it's just a pretty nice package!

5. F1 2011 - PS3 - 87hrs

The first game I really played when it came to Codies F1 games - maybe not the very best, but will always have a soft spot in my heart as it pretty much defined my childhood!

Honorable mentions:

Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC - 25hrs

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - PC - 36 hrs

other MotoGP and F1 games (put together 1376hrs only with the F1 games since I started on Steam with F1 2014)

Motorsport Manager - PC - 15hrs

Dirt Rally - PC - 45hrs

• Thanks 1

My 5 most recent racing games that I enjoyed the most:

F1 2019
Racing with some of you guys in the Codemasters Forum League has been a lot of fun (when it works).
I really enjoy this game.

Wreckfest
Brilliant crazy game. It's just so much fun to play, especially in multiplayer.

TT Isle of Man 2
I've been into Bike racing lately, and so I got this game. It's really enjoyable, though only as a singleplayer game for me.

Forza Horizon 4
Absolute open-world racer madness. I love it.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Technically not a racing game, but still a very chill driving experience. My go-to chill game even!

• Like 1

@danort17
 I have dirt rally 2 sitting unplayed on the PS4 thanks to PS plus. This situation must change today! Thanks for the recommendation!

@LSKone

I have the truck game /sim too, just have not played recently. I would count it as kinda racing as the faster you do your jobs the more profitable it is? Kind of like rally stages almost! Gonna have to take a look at this new TT game too being a motorcyclist AND a fan of the TT races themselves for ahem 30 years!

• Like 1

I'm going to have to look at this game again with all the mentions in this thread so far.

I can't see t he post I read earlier, but I think you said something about dubious payments with rf2, there are non, you know what your getting before you pay, I think you may be on about iracing, trust me, don't touch it, I've got over 1k in content sitting dormant, because the tyre model is really bad, and I can no longer justify a subscription as well. 

Be warned, rf2 is a dogs egg of a game, it takes time to set up properly, but once you do, there isn't a better driving experience lout there

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

have dirt rally 2 sitting unplayed on the PS4 thanks to PS plus. This situation must change today! Thanks for the recommendation! 

Dirt rally 2.0 is ok, the original was better. Listen out for the pace notes, wont be long before your screaming "liar" at your co driver! Along with some overly virtual car rolls and obstacles placed at the most frustrating of places. But honestly it ain't that bad, I prefer it to the f1 games.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

@danort17
 I have dirt rally 2 sitting unplayed on the PS4 thanks to PS plus. This situation must change today! Thanks for the recommendation!

@LSKone

I have the truck game /sim too, just have not played recently. I would count it as kinda racing as the faster you do your jobs the more profitable it is? Kind of like rally stages almost! Gonna have to take a look at this new TT game too being a motorcyclist AND a fan of the TT races themselves for ahem 30 years!

Seen a lot of people complaining about Dirt Rally 2.0 as it seems to be "unplayable" on a controller, but tbh that's not really the way it's meant to be played, hope you enjoy it!

• Agree 1

I play Dirt Rally 2 on a controller, it’s absolutely fine though I had to do some tweaking in the settings for it to handle to my liking on tarmac. I had to do the same on the original too.

1 hour ago, danort17 said:

Seen a lot of people complaining about Dirt Rally 2.0 as it seems to be "unplayable" on a controller, but tbh that's not really the way it's meant to be played, hope you enjoy it!

I actually find it better on a gamepad, particularly for the rwd cars. It's faster to steer from lock to lock. The ffb on the wheel is terrible though, completely numb. There only seems to be be the self centering force, nothing else. PC2 is a far better loose surface simulation with informative ffb in comparison and as far as tarmac goes, unrivalled. Dirt Rally sucks on tarmac. I'm gonna try wrc8 and see if it's any better...

My Best f1 games

F1 2012

F1 2013

F1 2016

F1 2018

F1 2019

• Agree 1

My last 5 are ( in order by play)

5- F1 2019

4- F1 2018

3- F1 2017

2- F1 2016

1- F1 2015

hahaha I'm joking,

the real choices are:

5- F1 2019 - almost the time playing, for me the best F1 so far.

4- iRacing - I've recently back to compete online

3- Assetto Corsa Competizione - I like how we can control the car, like lights/rain light, TC-ABS- ENG MAP 

2- Race Room - after update, the game is better and better

1- Automobilista - a lot mods I have,  10 years of stock car mod (2009-2019) 

• Like 1

Not a long list for me since I recently retired and am now just getting back into gaming. 

Gran Turismo - To me a good entry level racing game with many different cars and tracks. Then I wanted something a bit more challenging.

F1 2016- Loved the game played it for years found it a bit more challenging than Gran Turismo. 

Real Racing 3 - Yes RR3, became my favorite most addictive racing game because it was on mobile platform and I could take it anywhere and play anytime. 

MotoGP 2018 & 2019. - By this time my need to win at anything had consumed me and the more tweaking of setups that was allowed the better. 

F1 2019 - I approached as a serious racer.  I had weaned myself off all assists and would not use flashbacks. 
By the end of 10 seasons my hair had gone grey, by far the most challenging rewarding and most love and hate game I ever played. 

Can’t wait for the F1 2020 game to arrive as well as the real season to start. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ReeceWon said:

By the end of 10 seasons my hair had gone grey, by far the most challenging rewarding and most love and hate game I ever played. 

As a fellow retiree I can say yes, yes it was definitely the racing that caused the grey hair!

🏁😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1