Jump to content Jump to content

Sharing F1 2019 game save data between steam accounts

DjMC

Hi, I lent my steam account to a friend to play F1 2019 as I was trying to convince him to buy it, it worked :classic_smile: but he had already started a career under my steam id. We've tried transferring the game save data over (to his account) but just get a corrupted data message when loading the game. I'm guessing it's locked to the steam id? Is there any way round this?

Thanks

18 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I think you are stuffed here to be fair.

Would you care to elaborate? I'm not sure what cloud save has to do with this anyway? If the game save in your user data folder's different you get an option to either upload that or download the cloud save.

My issue's trying to use a gamesave created with a different steam ID, unless having steam cloud enabled affected that?

18 hours ago, DjMC said:

Would you care to elaborate? I'm not sure what cloud save has to do with this anyway? If the game save in your user data folder's different you get an option to either upload that or download the cloud save.

My issue's trying to use a gamesave created with a different steam ID, unless having steam cloud enabled affected that?

I'm listening for the Codemasters response, but it's not as simplistic as just copying a file.

Archived