DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Compliments to Codemasters!

I didn't know where to put this, but I wanted to take this time to compliment you guys for this awesome rally game, I've been dying for a good sim rally game since Richard Burns rally,
it is definitely better, the sound, the environment, the graphics, all very well done, I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best rally game for a very long time,
I think the richard burns rally community is slowly going to shift this way, I love this game!

Kudos to you Codemasters! :D

Agreed 100%. I have not had this much fun with a game since... er...

Well it's been a while.

Also: Please never edit the sound of the gravel hitting the undercarriage when sliding through bends... it always makes me grin.

i think as more play it and become well versed in the tracks they will really see how good this game is.

i loved rbr but i think this is as good and could be better.

cant wait for more content  B)

I agree though Richard Burns Rally is still waaay more fun to drive, cars are more accurately powerful and there is much less lateral grip so we can slide smoothly from one corner to another. The feeling you get out of it is much more satisfying. I'm talking about original physics that comes with cars modded into the game, not NGP tried it and I hate it.

Driving the Ford Focus WRC '06 on Noiker 13km stage is a blast even after 10years of playing and it never gets old. But the visuals does and although DR stages are too slow for my liking, they're much more realistics.

Porkhammer said:

Also: Please never edit the sound of the gravel hitting the undercarriage when sliding through bends... it always makes me grin.

Yesterday I was reading this thread on reddit (RBR vs DR): https://www.reddit.com/r/simrally/comments/34xvwx/rbr_vs_dirt_rally_physics_and_gameplay/

What got my attention is this point which unfortunately I tend to agree with:

No actual gravel feedback sound from tires rolling on surface, just ambient pebbles flying about wheel hubs. If one fires up RBR and do a gravel stage you hear tons of feedback from the "grip situation" of your tire to the ground. Very, very informing of how you are pushing it and very telling if your wheel is rolling or slipping in any direction combined with what you are doing.

jayp666 said:

I agree though Richard Burns Rally is still waaay more fun to drive, cars are more accurately powerful and there is much less lateral grip so we can slide smoothly from one corner to another. The feeling you get out of it is much more satisfying. I'm talking about original physics that comes with cars modded into the game, not NGP tried it and I hate it.

I know what you mean, I've played RBR modded aswell, the feeling you get when you make that perfect corner as you smoothly slide through it is very awesome, although in Dirt Rally I have the feeling they have the physics more realistically because in RBR it's too easy to flick the car around, and in real life it's not that easy, I always had a feeling like I was driving on butter in RBR on most surfaces (except for tarmac). In Dirt Rally it requires a bit more effort and a good use of the E-brake.