Jump to content Jump to content

Game Files Failed to Validate

Ardent71

1.       Every day, when I load up the game for the first time, the game will minimize and a message will pop up saying that the game failed to load and that I need to check the validity of the game files (no error code). If I reopen the game, it's just a black screen with the loading music playing. Sometimes it happens when I first drive on track in career mode, other times it happens after a session is over and I'm loading back to the career mode hub, and today it happened when loading into the main menus. If I attempt to validate the game files, it always says that 1 file failed to validate and then the game works. Sometimes the issue happens multiple times in a play session.  (Note: the game is not modded in any way)

2.       Version 1.22

3.       It's mostly happened to me in career mode

4.       It happens mostly when I start the game for the first time and load into a career mode session

5.       It almost always happens

6.       Validating the game files is a temporary fix, but it seems like the same file (I don't know which file) keeps disappearing

7.       Thrustmaster T150

• I've been testing a bit and I honestly think it's maybe the Bluetooth headphones that were causing the issue. I've been playing with wired headphones and the issue hasn't been happening. It might take a few more days to confirm that though since the bug takes awhile to happen

3 hours ago, Ardent71 said:
  • I've been testing a bit and I honestly think it's maybe the Bluetooth headphones that were causing the issue. I've been playing with wired headphones and the issue hasn't been happening. It might take a few more days to confirm that though since the bug takes awhile to happen

When there is a secondary sound card, either USB or BT, it seems to cause issues of one kind or another. @BarryBL just something to take into the beta.

Archived