2020 damage model?

Hey all. Anyone think the damage model in 2020 will change from 2019? 

Why Is it either from wing damage or wheels off. No rear end damage is possible. 

Also do you think realistic punctures could get involved? As punctures currently only happen at 100% tyre wear as far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

Maybe but probably not. Also in F1 2019 if you touch a little bit the wall it is probably to have a puncture (it happened to me in the wall of champions). Cheers

Damage model is ok from 2019 but they need improve mechanical failure, or possibility that we can see AI with puncture.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, Thund3r4 said:

Hey all. Anyone think the damage model in 2020 will change from 2019? 

Why Is it either from wing damage or wheels off. No rear end damage is possible. 

Also do you think realistic punctures could get involved? As punctures currently only happen at 100% tyre wear as far as I'm aware. 

BarryBL mentioned once that it would be looked at in "Future Titles."  Whether that means an actual change for 2020, I don't know.  We're certainly hoping.

Not just the damage model but I’d like to see the actual collision physics looked at. Once or twice without paying attention I’ve ploughed straight into the back of a group of cars at Monza turn one lap one, and I’ve gone flying and the computer have a little bump and carry on. No retirements, nothing (apart from me). Also occasionally cars can go over each others wheels in real Life, flip over etc. I’d like to see more like that

• Agree 1

Licensing is the issue on the damage front, I think. Manufacturers are never too keen to see their merchandise in a crumpled heap.

I like how the mechanical damage has evolved. We now have to manage components which is great. It would be good to see more random mechanical faults for sure, especially if we are to run a new team. 

Dependant on engine manf/r&d focus/experience we should have a suitably matched reliability factor.

Perhaps one that is only active in your team, to avoid licensing nightmares.

settle for the current damage model is not for F1 fans. The damage is done very badly and in addition there are no random mechanical failures like for AI. An idea for F1 2021, is a scalable model of mechanical damage and failure, with a scale from 0-100 to make it simulative as an iracing for example. And the sponsors have nothing to do because F1 2010 also had damage to the rear wing. The game needs to be improved in every aspect, the damage went in the wrong direction. Please Codemasters go to the simulation

• Agree 1

Damage in F1 2020 should be more realistic, for example. If I hit you in my career like Stroll in Sainza, I can't go on because I have engine damage and it should be the same on multi. Restore the red flag
  • Agree 1

I think the mediorce damage model is due to the CPU of the CurrentGen consoles. We didn't see improvement in this aspect compared to the PS3 entries. On PS5/Series X we should see a much better damage model due to the heavily increased CPU performance.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

l'irritazione ha più di dieci anni ma il danno è fatto bene. it is the Codemasters who must insist on having a simulation of both damage and physics worthy of the name f1

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Like 1

Why cant we have the mechanical damage in multiplayer? 

Like your components of the car wear out as you do more races. You then have to get r and d points to get new parts 

Codemasters should take note when actual f1 drivers like max v refuse to play and enter the virtual gp races because he thinks it's not actually representative of an f1 experience. It's not simulation. 

You only have to look at some of these virtual gp races to see its comical with cars bouncing around in lobbies ect. 

• Like 1