Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 [xbox one] Game gets stuck on loading starting up.

Posted (edited)

This happened on Xbox one version of the game.

1.       The last time I played F1 2019 i noticed that while I was racing in career mode there was a saving icon on the top left of my screen throughout my race. It’s not something that normally appears while in an actual race (but it’s happened to me once before) Then when the race ended it went to the saving screen and was stuck on that screen for over an hour so I reset the game. Now when I try to start the game it gets as far as the screen that says “press start button to start then a loading logo appears on the top left of the screen and it stays on that screen forever.    
2.       Version?  1.22 (can be seen in picture below)
3.       Game-mode? I can’t start the game so not any specific game mode. But I believe the issue originated in career mode as stated in point 1 above.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? Everytime I try to load the game I have the issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Again, Everytime I try to start the game.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? I’ve tried turning off my console and starting it up again.
7.       Any accessories you are using? Xbox controller, not related to the issue
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? Screenshot below.

15BF81E3-3B99-424C-B9EA-29F352FF7DC4.jpeg

Edited by Alan86

Hi @Alan86,

Can you complete a bug report form please? To find it, there is a green toolbar on the top of this sub-forum. Click that, and copy and fill in. Helps to diagnose your issue. I'd recommend the basic troubleshooting too.

27 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Alan86,

Can you complete a bug report form please? To find it, there is a green toolbar on the top of this sub-forum. Click that, and copy and fill in. Helps to diagnose your issue. I'd recommend the basic troubleshooting too.

Thanks for the response @BarryBL , I have edited my post above to match the bug report template. I have now uninstalled the game and am reinstalling at the moment, I will report back here if that fixes the issue.

@BarryBL reinstalling the game has worked, I lost the last race I did in career but I now think this may have been an Xbox issue rather than a game issue, so apologies. This thread can be closed.

Hey, I'll take a resolved solution all day, thanks for the response @Alan86

Marked as complete. Enjoy racing!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

1. When I try to start the game it gets to the screen that says “press start button to start” then a loading logo appears for 2-3 seconds on the top left of the screen, then the loading button is stopped for 5-6 seconds and then the game is turned off and I get to my xbox home screen.

Not seeing any errors (or don’t know where to look at least)

2. Version is 1.22

3.I can’t get to any game mode since the game is turned off, but was in career mode the last time I was playing

4. Yes, can recreate the issue, just loading the game and clicking Start button on the first screen

5. This happens for me today each time after some moment, tried 15-20 times, still reproducible

6. I reinstalled the game one time, cleared cache on my Xbox and restored it to default settings with keeping the games and content - did not help

7. just gamepad

8. attached the video - 18 seconds long

Edited by dmitryUL
checking if the video is playing

Hello @BarryBL, I did some more troubleshooting and investigation on my issue I wrote in the previous post. What I tried - I created a new Xbox live account and was able to start the game - no issues. However when I'm using my previous account I'm still getting the same crash after I click Start button.

One more thing that I tried is that I removed data for my old account and turned off internet account. Once I start the game with the same account I'm able to get in and I have to create a new F1 driver - no issues with that. However when I re-launch the game I have to select which data to use, either the previous one from storage or the data for the new driver. I select to get the data from the older cloud save and getting the same - game crashes. 

So I 99% sure the issue is with my saved data - for some reason this is broken. Is there any way I can fix that? Or I'll have to remove it and start career and any other different mode from the very begining? I completed 4 season and 3 races in a career mode and really don't want to loose the progress!

Edited by dmitryUL

Hi @dmitryUL.

May be worth restarting your Xbox. Did you re-install the game? maybe move your savegame to the cloud or onto a USB stick for example.

@BarryBL yes, I re-installed the game 2 times, the 1st time I tried to start the game once 25% were loaded and I could start it, the second time I waited for the game to be fully installed and only after that started my game - still the same problem. And I restarted my xbox ~ 20 times I believe since Saturday.

Coul you please explan in more details what you suggest to do with savegame?

Edited by dmitryUL

Hello @BarryBL I contacted Xbox Support with my issue, we came to the point that the issue I have is 99% with corrupted saved file in the cloud storage for my account. Each time the game is synchronizing with my cloud storage it's crashing. I don't want to delete the file from the cloud and loose all my progress, so I wonder if there is a chance to fix it somehow, probably replace the latest saved file with the file without one last saved race (at this point I had no issues) and leave all the other progress?

Edited by dmitryUL

Have you backed up your save file? Or saved another copy on your console.

If you have a backup copy, you could revert to that. If not, it may be lost.

@BarryBL I have one file with my saved progress - it's the same both on my console and cloud and this is corrupted. Is there any chance to fix that? For what reason I can't open my the game with my account? why was it corrupted? 

Edited by dmitryUL

I wonder if you, guys, as a developer of this game, have access to my previous saves for my game and can provider it to me or replace it in the cloud.

Edited by dmitryUL

Just now, dmitryUL said:

I wonder if you, guys, as a developer of thi ganme, have access to my previous saves for my game and can provider it to me or replace it in the cloud.

We don't have this access I'm afraid. This would be a personal save and, if corrupted with no backup, there isn't a lot we can do to recover the save im afraid. Apologies.

@BarryBL How is it possible? So in case any gamer get his save corrupted for some reason which is not dependent on him - once again, he is just playing and it's your responsibility to get all the saves of the progress correct and game working correctly - he will loose all the progress and have to start from the very begining? That's a very bad experience

Edited by dmitryUL

8 minutes ago, dmitryUL said:

@BarryBL How is it possible? So in case any gamer get his save corrupted for some reason which is not dependent on him - once again, he is just playing and it's your responsibility to get all the saves of the progress correct and game working correctly - he will loose all the progress and have to start from the very begining? That's a very bad experience

I can understand your frustration however, saves are stored locally/on the cloud. Unfortunately, these are out of our jurisdiction. Why we (and other companies) recommend keeping a backup version of save game files, especially deeper ones. We wouldn't have the facility to store every save point on every save game that people have made, it would be impossible. 

@BarryBL Ok, I can understand you can't access files stored locally, but as you said saves are stored on the cloud as well? Why you / gamers can't accees the cloud for the specific account in case it's needed? I understand it's impossible to store all saves of all the users, but in case the latest save is stored for each account then it's possible to get to it, and I don't think it would be too diffcilt to store just 2 latest saves to prevent such situations

Edited by dmitryUL

44 minutes ago, dmitryUL said:

@BarryBL Ok, I can understand you can't access files stored locally, but as you said saves are stored on the cloud as well? Why you / gamers can't accees the cloud for the specific account in case it's needed? I understand it's impossible to store all saves of all the users, but in case the latest save is stored for each account then it's possible to get to it, and I don't think it would be too diffcilt to store just 2 latest saves to prevent such situations

Understand that, but it would be impossible from a technical standpoint to store others saves. Also, we don't know how many active savegames users are on, so how would we pick? I can empathise your frustration on losing a save, but from a technical standpoint, would not be possible. Maybe go through your Cloud files (on whichever platform you are on), but we do recommend (as with all games) to make/keep a backup incase. I've lost plenty of Football manager saves through not backing up the files.