Sign in to follow this  

DIRT Rally Game controller settings

can anyone tell how to change the settings for my joy pad controller, i.e. dead zone, steering sensitivity etc. The menu is very vague and I cant believe a game like this does not allow you to tune you settings. At the moment its horrid to play and just want my money back if this isn't fixed,   

I'm using a PS2 controller via the usb, but that shouldn't matter anyway. Every other driving game I own, and there a lot!  have the ability to change these settings in the menu, but for the life of me I cant find any in this one.

Have you tried Controls - Advanced Controls in your in game profile? You can adjust steering sensitivity and steering linearity in there. There is no deadzone setting though

Im sorry. am I stupid!!! I cant find advanced controls anywhere!? There is nothing in controls ( where you'd think I would be!) nothing in profile. I'm stumped :/ How exactly are you finding these, and do you have to have maybe a steering wheel attached for them to appear perhaps, thanks for you time..

Yeah, my bad. I gave you bad info, sorry. It's Options - Controls - Advanced Gamepad Settings, and I think Pause - Options - Controls - Advanced Gamepad Settings works as well

At the moment, that option is only available for a few pads (360 pad, maybe others?) I think; it's not showing up for me using a Logitech dual action.

Yeah, after going into controls there nothing that says advanced gamepad settings. Its just options to choose what buttons do what...... 

Just did a quick check on supported pads, and so far only the 360 ones are officially supported. I know that they are working on the Logitech one but I've heard nothing about PS2 pads

I don,t find the way how setup my Logitech Dual action. Seems it's work not as axis but as digital buttons, or very poor sensitivity... Some controls setup as in "Rihard Burns Rally" wil be super helpful, if it will realize there...
And need additional separated setup for brake, because with gamepad, if accelerate and brake on one axis, you cant get access to left foot braking, so need, advance button, for brakes there too...