What team would you create in F1 2020 My Team mode?

I just wonder if there will be some recorded fake/old team from the commentators. 

For example,

When finishing a race, David Croft/ Anthony Davidson say your names team is in X position. 

1 hour ago, Bengar said:

I'd recreate my current iRacing team in it. Blue and white works very nicely

I think Sir Francis Williams would agree.  🙂

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, DrDraken said:

When I was really young, I had a toy car, an open wheel racer.  John Player Special Lotus 77 in black with gold trim.  It was gorgeous.  Not that it would be the Lotus 77 in the game, but the livery was stunning, and it would be awesome to recreate that.

Me too!! I had 2 F1 Scalextric cars, one was the JPS and I think the other was a McClaren, but this was mid seventies so my memory is not so clear!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to create back Toyota or Super Aguri , which were in the years 2002-2009(Toyota) and  Super Aguri 2006-2008

Edited by Pawel567
  • Like 2

If possible I would like to create a Benneton F1 team. I think that will go well with the Schumacher edition

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Me too!! I had 2 F1 Scalextric cars, one was the JPS and I think the other was a McClaren, but this was mid seventies so my memory is not so clear!

Mid 70s. Same. My Aunt's house, playing on the floor with this beautiful creation.  I honestly think, if I had gotten into racing at a very early age, I would have done well.  😎

This could be quite a fun forum-only competition I could run perhaps? MyTeam creator. Add things like:

•  Real-life inspiration (or inspiration in general)
  •  Story of your MyTeam (word count limited)
  •  Customised Details of your MyTeam

Obviously, this is a LONG way off happening and I'd have to get some more details together. Voting done my other users for some sort of reward?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Considered this carefully, and the answer is, I wouldn't bother!

Bit of a pointless new feature in my opinion. Time could have been better spent improving the core game. Or even writing a new game engine for the next generation of consoles.

No doubt it's a feature that will exploit microtransactions.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

I Will Create my Team IcemanRacing F1 Team and i Will make / adapt / based in Golden 1996 Jordan F1.. 

That livery was awesome 

• Haha 1

Personally I'd have to go with something daft and local to where I'm from so maybe something like the Whitby Shy-Torques or something like that

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I presume Codies will include a fairly effective language filter with this function as the first thing thousands will do is to try and create the most offensive teams they can. IF gfx and livery designs are also allowed then prepare for every racist, sexist,political meme in the book to be used on future team names. Even if it's only allowed in career there will be 'hilarious' youtube videos everywhere with these ignorant car and team designs. Offensive counter cultures are pretty devious these days with all their code words and code designs for offensive opinions, made even worse of course if people can share their creations with other users. The game being accessible to all ages will make it a challenge to be safe. I hope Codies have it nailed down. In the old days it was just 'BUM' on high scores, now its on a whole other level of subversion.

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

I presume Codies will include a fairly effective language filter with this function as the first thing thousands will do is to try and create the most offensive teams they can. IF gfx and livery designs are also allowed then prepare for every racist, exist meme in the book to be used on future team names. Even if it's only allowed in career there will be 'hilarious' youtube videos everywhere with these ignorant car and team designs. Offensive counter cultures are pretty devious these days with all their code words and code designs for offensive opinions, made even worse of course if people can share their creations with other users. The game being accessible to all ages will make it a challenge to be safe. I hope Codies have it nailed down. In the old days it was just 'BUM' on high scores, now its on a whole other level of subversion.

There was a really beautiful ship built out this way a couple years ago, and there was a request for name suggestions which could then be voted on.  Some great names were put forth.  The winner?  "Boaty McBoatface"

Thankfully, they went with one of the other names, but they did name the Lifeboat that.  🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

There was a really beautiful ship built out this way a couple years ago, and there was a request for name suggestions which could then be voted on.  Some great names were put forth.  The winner?  "Boaty McBoatface"

Thankfully, they went with one of the other names, but they did name the Lifeboat that.  🤣

I remember that! I'm from England but am a US citizen now so I keep up with news from Ol Blighty often 😄

• Haha 1

I'd create a team promoting two F2 drivers (assuming you dont create your own driver too) and stick with them until they and the team are world champions. a road to glory style play through

I liked the Jordan team so I would create a similar spirit. But I would like to create a custom team with a custom team name and sponsor/livery options that I race for and can pick a fun driver for such as Button, Alonso, Broadbent..

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 10:52 PM, UP100 said:

F1 2020 is going to have a My Team mode as we all know. We don't know much about it as of yet but that doesn't mean you cannot say what team you would like to create!

Some information on my team can be found from here
https://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2020/

'For the first time, players can create their own F1® team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top.'

Depends on how detailed the customization will be.

If it is a bland copy & paste of the 2019 customization options, where we had to buy premade designs with either ingame or real life cash, with the only option to change 3 colors at a time, then i will surely pass and play normal career mode.

But, if we do get a proper editor mode for customization, where we can fully design the cars livery, racing suits, gloves, helmet designs, shoes, team logo to the maximum extent ourselves, with the added bonus of official sponsors to choose from, then i would create a green Jaguar 2020 livery with the iconic HSBC logo on the car.

Jaguar in the early 2000's was sexy!

96d333a8f9dc8197abf04eda27695b95.jpg

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

On 4/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, stephensmattlee said:

I’d probably go for something like Toyota or Audi as a fantasy team joining the rest of the current manufacturers. Be curious to see how in depth the mode is in terms of customisation. Hopefully we’re not restricted in the teams names and too much in the liveries, although I’m definitely not expecting GT Sport levels of customisation. Would be cool though. 

What engine would you use For Audi? Keep it German with Merc.

6 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Depends on how detailed the customization will be.

If it is a bland copy & paste of the 2019 customization options, where we had to buy premade designs with either ingame or real life cash, with the only option to change 3 colors at a time, then i will surely pass and play normal career mode.

But, if we do get a proper editor mode for customization, where we can fully design the cars livery, racing suits, gloves, helmet designs, shoes, team logo to the maximum extent ourselves, with the added bonus of official sponsors to choose from, then i would create a green Jaguar 2020 livery with the iconic HSBC logo on the car.

Jaguar in the early 2000's was sexy!

96d333a8f9dc8197abf04eda27695b95.jpg

Same for me. 

But if they do give us full customization options that would be much better for online and leagues anyway. 
Would be great fun getting together with your team before a league season and come up with a nice name/car design and the likes. 

In my experience the single player guys are the ones that think 'realism' is the most important, and care for things like the ai bots driving in the correct order and stuff. I don't think adding an unrealistic team is gonna be very interesting for people who get put off by #perezbot beating #maxbot all the time. 

Now for multiplayer leagues this would be a fantastic addition! since we're using equal cars anyway, it doesn't really matter for which team you drive so we might as well come up with out own cool ones and spice up the leagues and make all of them different and give them more personality. 

(And before some one says we have multiplayer cars in multiplayer! those are not 'teams' and can't be used in leagues for that reason. because you can never be sure who the guy is you share your pitbox with...) 

I would recreate the dreadful Simtek team with Taki Inoue as the driver-manager.😂

On 4/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, disieiz said:

I would recreate the dreadful Simtek team with Taki Inoue as the driver-manager.😂

No love for Joss the Boss?

Jos wasn't that bad - this team will have Taki Inoue and Mahaveer Raghunathan as the drivers 😂