What team would you create in F1 2020 My Team mode?

People love customizing their game experience so I'm sure it will be very popular. I'm interested to know how the actual car part is chosen. Ie do you just pick a real world team and use their car with your design or can you pick and choose engine supplier and chassis /aero parts? I think that would be a good challenge if possible as it's what the real world teams have to do! Be pretty cool if during career at the start of a new season you learned your team had been offered a new power plant from a top team. Whose would you pick?

Have very much decided on our Team.. a very obscure one from F1 that will form the basis of our Facebook LIVE streams..

All based though on what engine suppliers are available in the game though to see if it fits the story..

All in all though, hopefully a very good mode with variable options. Fingers crossed it’s a good package.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

People love customizing their game experience so I'm sure it will be very popular. I'm interested to know how the actual car part is chosen. Ie do you just pick a real world team and use their car with your design or can you pick and choose engine supplier and chassis /aero parts? I think that would be a good challenge if possible as it's what the real world teams have to do! Be pretty cool if during career at the start of a new season you learned your team had been offered a new power plant from a top team. Whose would you pick?

This is probably one of the most important parts of the game mode and I hope they don't have the generic liveries like on F1 2019. Livery design and sponsors were good on Race Driver: Grid. For anyone that didn't play it or can't remember it, you could pick the colours pattern you wanted on the car and there were plenty to choose from. With the sponsors, you had a 'major' sponsor and several 'minor' sponsors. You could change their positions and although these were preset slots, there were several available so you could experiment with where you wanted each one. I'd like to be able to place the sponsors in exact positions, like on Forza. 

Sponsor slots could include: side pods major, side pods minor, engine cover major, engine cover minor 1, engine cover minor 2, front wing major, front wing minor, front wing endplates, nose 1, nose 2, nose 3, nose 4, nose 5, rear wing front, rear wing back. You should be able to move these around in a defined space for each slot though.

• Thanks 1

I'm not really sure what to name my team yet I am still thinking of a name team colours not sure either I have 2 months to think of something  🙂

I've been thinking about this extensively over the last couple of weeks - with all these lockdown measures and being a massive F1 fan, what else better to do? Anyway - I've figured there are 5 ways to go about this.

Option 1. Go for the realistic route - i.e Honda F1 Team. However, the livery & badge options will be limited so this could end up looking like some cheap wannabe version, and i can see myself cringing at my attempt to be authentic, losing enthusiasm and defaulting back to the regular career mode quickly.

Option 2. Combine realistic with a personal aspect - i.e Wilson Jaguar Racing. This way it's as if you yourself are the owner and you are simply backed by a manufacturer or a big name. This can give you a peace of mind as why the badge isn't the Jaguar badge etc.

Option 3. Go full personal - i.e Wilson Motorsport F1 Team. Imagine it's actually YOU setting up YOUR team, let's say you won the euromillions twice a week for a month and you decide to actually enter Formula 1. This gives you a full license to go with whatever colour scheme & badge you desire, but you lose that sense of realism as eventually "Wilson Motorsport" is going to be fighting with Ferrari & Mercedes for the championship, and i can't help thinking it sounds like a back of the grid struggling team. Also you'll have the other far-fetched situation of 'Wilson driving for team Wilson' and i don't know if i can swallow that amount of fantasy.

Option 4. Try to recreate an historic team - i.e Benetton Renault. Trying to design a somewhat accurate livery to convince yourself it's the team you watched as a child may be difficult. With the fake sponsors & basic badge it will lose another aspect of the team you are trying to resurrect. Having said that, i can see this option being popular. Perhaps not for me though.

Option 5. Do something stupid/fun. i.e CrashAlot F1 Team. Shackles are off if you decide to go with this option - rainbow livery? Hire the worst driver possible for maximum banter? I feel like some of the younger audience may roll with something like this, although the idea of it makes me want to vomit.

In conclusion - I think i'll go with option 2. As if it's me, with the backing of a major brand or manufacturer, personal yet powerful. Retaining a somewhat realistic element. It wouldn't sound so ridiculous that Wilson Jaguar Racing might eventually fight for wins. Well anyway that's my thoughts on the whole 'My Team' game mode. I can't wait to get started.

• Like 3

I going to use Brabham Racing for My team as I am proud Aussie so splash some green and gold on the gird   

I like drinking Monster Energy so I’m going to be call mine Monster Energy Racing. Going with all black car at first with Green stripes, just an idea for now 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, rwilson92 said:

I've been thinking about this extensively over the last couple of weeks - with all these lockdown measures and being a massive F1 fan, what else better to do? Anyway - I've figured there are 5 ways to go about this.

Or option 6: resurrection aof the winning and starpower version of a current team who isn't living up to its glorious somehow recent past, such as McLaren Mercedes at the end of the 90s or Mecachrome Williams mid-90. Storyline wise you can pretend something happened about ownerships and a former owner or manager recreates that team to compete with the current one which ruined its name and history, so we can picture the black-white-silver "West" McLaren Mercedes or the typical Blue Williams competing with their current counterparts.

That being said, I think I will resurrect the yellow Lotus!

Edit: or, as here in Italy football is very popular, you can pretend a big team like Juventus FC expanding itself in F1, entering the circus with its Juventus F1 Team in its black and white livery

Edited by HenricusVonG

None what a stupid idea give us a real F1 simulation not this type of gadget for kids...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

I will probably go on fantasy route and make A team that's made by some music bands, and the color scheme must be purple and bright blue

On 5/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, rwilson92 said:

Option 1. Go for the realistic route - i.e Honda F1 Team. However, the livery & badge options will be limited so this could end up looking like some cheap wannabe version, and i can see myself cringing at my attempt to be authentic, losing enthusiasm and defaulting back to the regular career mode quickly.

Option 2. Combine realistic with a personal aspect - i.e Wilson Jaguar Racing. This way it's as if you yourself are the owner and you are simply backed by a manufacturer or a big name. This can give you a peace of mind as why the badge isn't the Jaguar badge etc.

Option 3. Go full personal - i.e Wilson Motorsport F1 Team. Imagine it's actually YOU setting up YOUR team, let's say you won the euromillions twice a week for a month and you decide to actually enter Formula 1. This gives you a full license to go with whatever colour scheme & badge you desire, but you lose that sense of realism as eventually "Wilson Motorsport" is going to be fighting with Ferrari & Mercedes for the championship, and i can't help thinking it sounds like a back of the grid struggling team. Also you'll have the other far-fetched situation of 'Wilson driving for team Wilson' and i don't know if i can swallow that amount of fantasy.

Option 4. Try to recreate an historic team - i.e Benetton Renault. Trying to design a somewhat accurate livery to convince yourself it's the team you watched as a child may be difficult. With the fake sponsors & basic badge it will lose another aspect of the team you are trying to resurrect. Having said that, i can see this option being popular. Perhaps not for me though.

Option 5. Do something stupid/fun. i.e CrashAlot F1 Team. Shackles are off if you decide to go with this option - rainbow livery? Hire the worst driver possible for maximum banter? I feel like some of the younger audience may roll with something like this, although the idea of it makes me want to vomit.

In conclusion - I think i'll go with option 2. As if it's me, with the backing of a major brand or manufacturer, personal yet powerful. Retaining a somewhat realistic element. It wouldn't sound so ridiculous that Wilson Jaguar Racing might eventually fight for wins. Well anyway that's my thoughts on the whole 'My Team' game mode. I can't wait to get started.

I'm leaning towards the full fantasy side...just surname plus F1 or something. If we had free range on logo creation I would've loved to do Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Jaguar, VW, Toyota or any other major manufacturer.  But given their past I'm very worried about the customization options.

All said, the current plan is to use my surname in the team name and create my son as the driver :D

Iam definitely gonna recreate Force india and crush Racing point, as i always had a soft spot for force india and after the takeover of lawrence stroll i am still pretty mad, and i also have to sign the lord, the king, Mahaveer Raghunathan 😂

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 8:39 PM, alp776 said:

None what a stupid idea give us a real F1 simulation not this type of gadget for kids...

mate the f1 games have been more arcade types of games ever since they first came out when sony used to make them, and tbh if you dont like the team stuff play solo or if your looking for a realistic f1 sim play iracing or assetto corsa, f1 is the only game i actually enjoy playing cause its not to hard and i can have some fun. and CM dont really make sim games so i dont expect them to go full sim now.

• Agree 2

Im actually quite surprised by the amount of love the whole “my team” idea is getting.

I mean, I'm a little curious to see what it adds to career in terms of team management, but that’s all.

Honestly, i don't want to drive as a made up team, i want to drive one the actual F1 cars i see on the TV. I hated it last year when codies made a generic multiplayer car, i wanted to drive a Ferarri, or a McLaren, not some made up car.

Like i say, im a little curious tp see what it adds, but really can’t see myself racing for my own team for more than a quick try of it (assuming i can still play career as one of the actual teams that is).

18 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Im actually quite surprised by the amount of love the whole “my team” idea is getting.

I mean, I'm a little curious to see what it adds to career in terms of team management, but that’s all.

Honestly, i don't want to drive as a made up team, i want to drive one the actual F1 cars i see on the TV. I hated it last year when codies made a generic multiplayer car, i wanted to drive a Ferarri, or a McLaren, not some made up car.

Like i say, im a little curious tp see what it adds, but really can’t see myself racing for my own team for more than a quick try of it (assuming i can still play career as one of the actual teams that is).

Yes you can still play a normal career and that has a few new features too. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, UP100 said:

We don't know much about it as of yet but that doesn't mean you cannot say what team you would like to create!

1. See if I can recreate any basic liveries of past real F1 teams.
  2. If not, I'll go with my personal colours, deep navy + red, like I did for all the cars I own in GRID.

image.png

• Like 1

I like the idea of an 11th team, although I was hoping to just add one into career that follows the normal development rules. It exists only if you drive for it, so My Team is much more than I had hoped for.

The team I will make depends really on the badges available and the names that the announcers are capable of saying (if they can say any names at all). The more options there the better.

I'm planning on resurrecting Ligier, and then maybe Jordan, or Tyrell. 

Me and Guanyu Zhou smashing it up in our Ligier Renault cars. (Or possibly Ligier Honda, decisions decisions...) 

I’m hoping that the customisation options are good, I’d be looking at setting up someone like Minardi for underdog glory or actually giving Lola a full season rather than one measly GP!

My guess for now is we would be lucky to be able to use the driver audio names as team names that get said by the announcers. That should not take too much work. Former F 1 team names would require the rights to be purchased which may be unrealistic. Of course a generic “the British team” etc. could be done. 

It all depends on the customisation options for me:

1. if options are such that I can have pretty much free reign over the car then it might be time for CypherF1 - a team that nobody is sure if they should be supporting or not but seems to have its own agenda...

or

2. a Less expansive customisation option will probably result in a sort of halfway house bland-ish team that will eventually become ‘mine’ as we progress through the game. Again, possibly a CypherF1 name for this (it’s a cool name)

3. Depending on what’s available - recreation of a historical team as a possible option like the team lotus revival in 2010. My personal favourites would be Tyrell or the Damon Hill arrows

I would love to create and bring back Lotus-Renault F1 Team, cuz I love the Renault engine sound and also the team

• Like 1

I don't know about that..

But I feel a little disappoint.

Because I thought that mode will be a "management" mode for 2 real drivers and 1 test driver.

But it won't.

1 driver is "custom" and other is real.