What team would you create in F1 2020 My Team mode?

Im doubting between Toyota-Honda F1 team with Honda engine or Jaguar. But idk which engine fix more with Jaguar. Jaguar-Renault sounds great for instance.

Well, i previously stated there were 5 options to choose from regarding the 'my team' situation. But..

Having seen the recent 'My Team' trailer drop, the thing that immediately stood out to me was the extremely basic custom badge, from the examples shown this looks like it will be a choice of a few generic shapes. This drastically changes the realism attempt in my opinion. If you're anything like me, the option of resurrecting an old official team, or trying to create a new manufacturer team like Porsche, Jaguar etc is now completely out of the window. The badge will utterly ruin the immersion.  

This only leaves the personal option open, with perhaps your chosen engine supplier attached to your surname e.g Wilson-Renault F1. (for added realism i would choose either Renault or Honda as your engine supplier as Ferrari already supply 2 other teams, and Mercedes will supply 3 other teams after 2020. Actually Renault would be the realistic choice. You're a Renault B-team guys) I have the other unfortunate complication that my surname is very close to Williams, therefore having Wilson vs Williams also makes me cringe inside. 

When i was in school i used to draw cars in all my books, but not Ferrari's or Lamborghini's no - i had come up with my own brand, and the designs were of my own imagination. This brand was called Evip. Now these days i realise it sounds like an electric cigarette brand, but back in 2005 there was no such thing, and i thought it sounded cool. Anyway, maybe now is the time for my teenage sketch car brand to come back to the spotlight. 

I've also been considering the colours that are not currently represented on the grid. For example, i wouldn't create an Orange car (McLaren) or a Pink car (Racing Point). With Toro Rosso changing to Alpha Tauri, and along with it their livery changing - Blue is now available, and this is a strong contender for my primary colour. Other colours not seen on the current grid include - Purple, Green, Gold, Grey, Highlighter yellow (think brawn GP stripe) , Black, Aqua/turquoise. So i recommend selecting a combination of those. I think on balance i'll be going with a nice bold blue, with black accents & a yellow stripe - a nod to my Renault engine supplier. 

There's also one other element of realism concern i can't seem to shake - and that is, am i owning the team or driving for the team? I understand the point of this game mode is that you are both, but come on...it's a little childish isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sit comfortably in my mind. Like i said in my comment a couple of weeks ago on this forum, the prospect of me - Wilson, driving for my own team - Wilson F1, is not something i want to see, it's just too far-fetched. It's like Lawrence Stroll jumping in the Racing Point car himself, it's just too silly. So with regards to this i can go down 1 of 2 roads - Either i pretend my dad (or other family member) is the owner, and i am indeed the driver. OR - I'm the team owner, and i actually drive under another name, literally pretending i'm someone else - actually i saw a comment here of someone that said it will be as if their son is driving - not a bad idea. i don't have any children yet but, i have a 10 year old nephew, maybe he's the one who gets the imaginary seat. Decisions, decisions. I've even thought of driving under the name of a real upcoming driver - maybe an F3 driver (so their not actually in the game) So it's as if i own the team, and have employed 2 up and coming drivers (although one of them i control) if you understand. 

Anyway in conclusion, amidst all my complaining and considering i would like to add, this is a massive step forward for the F1 game series, i simply cannot wait. This feature is something we could have merely dreamed of a few years ago, so i'm massively grateful that this is becoming a reality. Maybe in a few years we'll get to design our own liveries & badges, and at that point realistically re-create, or add a big name or brand to the grid, but at this stage it's just a reach too far for me with the limited customization options we'll get this year. Evip-Renault F1 it is then, for now. 

Peace guys! 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, rwilson92 said:
6 hours ago, rwilson92 said:

There's also one other element of realism concern i can't seem to shake - and that is, am i owning the team or driving for the team? I understand the point of this game mode is that you are both, but come on...it's a little childish isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sit comfortably in my mind. Like i said in my comment a couple of weeks ago on this forum, the prospect of me - Wilson, driving for my own team - Wilson F1, is not something i want to see, it's just too far-fetched. It's like Lawrence Stroll jumping in the Racing Point car himself, it's just too silly. 

Historically we have Brabham, McLaren, Hill, and Fittipaldi having driven for teams they owned with more examples in other formula like the Indy-Cart series, so it could happen.  

I agree I would rather create two personas, one driver and one owner, but My Team far exceeds my hope to add an 11th team that I will just add a Sr and Jr to the names in my mind.

13 hours ago, rwilson92 said:

There's also one other element of realism concern i can't seem to shake - and that is, am i owning the team or driving for the team? I understand the point of this game mode is that you are both, but come on...it's a little childish isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sit comfortably in my mind. Like i said in my comment a couple of weeks ago on this forum, the prospect of me - Wilson, driving for my own team - Wilson F1, is not something i want to see, it's just too far-fetched. It's like Lawrence Stroll jumping in the Racing Point car himself, it's just too silly. So with regards to this i can go down 1 of 2 roads - Either i pretend my dad (or other family member) is the owner, and i am indeed the driver. OR - I'm the team owner, and i actually drive under another name, literally pretending i'm someone else - actually i saw a comment here of someone that said it will be as if their son is driving - not a bad idea. i don't have any children yet but, i have a 10 year old nephew, maybe he's the one who gets the imaginary seat. Decisions, decisions. I've even thought of driving under the name of a real upcoming driver - maybe an F3 driver (so their not actually in the game) So it's as if i own the team, and have employed 2 up and coming drivers (although one of them i control) if you understand. 

It actually makes the game more realistic to me. It was less realistic when I was driving for Mercedes to be honest. How on earth will most of us ever get on the F1 grid? By buying a team because realistically speaking most of us wouldn't even make it as a paid driver. So I like this scenario where you become a Lance Stroll kind of character. Ok Lance will do less of the business side. But coming with my own team to the grid makes more sense in a way. 

On 4/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, 2Pacalypse said:

I bet 100% fake random sponsors.

Customization is not in CMs vocabulary.

The ymay well hav et othough as a lot of games aer going down tha route interms of allowing us moer freedom in customising our protagonists. Even Fifa does now given you can play as either a male or female manager in career mode and various other things.

As regards the topic question not reaqlly suer as that depensd on if I get the game and when as I'm still too bus ywith careers on the last 3 games and haven't finished them yet. Plus I play the games to race not so much manage anf th ecurrent games tbh serve that need just fine. It's an intriguing idea but I don' tthink it's neccessaril yworth shelling out £40-50 on  a new game for it. If I do buy 2020 at any point it's likel yonly going to be in a sale atm.

Just think of yourself as controlling the team rather than just one person that both owns it and drives.

That's how I'm doing it anyway. Like I'll start with Lotus-Renault, I'll name my driver Alonso and just think of it as the team owner being Flavio or something but I just happen to have control over both.

I'm thinking of naming my team Moneytron. The story behind Moneytron fits the manager mode very well with all the fake sponsors and the fake money. But this time the team boss fires one of the drivers just before the start of the championship and and takes the wheel himself 

I'm gonna take the world by storm :classic_cool:

36 minutes ago, drb1965 said:

Wolf Racing

image.png.f0714e46ceb5c91b69d6565ba9b3d4d9.png

Now that takes me back. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:40 AM, BelgiumDude said:

It actually makes the game more realistic to me. It was less realistic when I was driving for Mercedes to be honest. How on earth will most of us ever get on the F1 grid? By buying a team because realistically speaking most of us wouldn't even make it as a paid driver. So I like this scenario where you become a Lance Stroll kind of character. Ok Lance will do less of the business side. But coming with my own team to the grid makes more sense in a way. 

You're absolutely right, The fact that we end up along-side Hamilton at Mercedes or given a Ferrari seat is already in the realms of utterly farcical. The fact we are supposed to convince ourselves we are even on the grid is a bit mad, but then it is a game at the end of the day. 

Coming in guns-a-blazing with a billion dollars, creating a team and then plonking myself in the drivers seat is actually more realistic by comparison. Perhaps this is the narrative i'll have subconsciously - That i'm a billionaire with a point to prove, and that given the funding anyone can join Formula 1 and be successful. I run the team, and i drive for my team, and i'm setting a new precedent. 

I don't know though, it is a difficult pill to swallow. The other thing that's difficult for me (yes you guessed it, on a realism standpoint) is that after 2 or 3 seasons the team is going to be fighting for championships. Silly as it sounds, i might deliberately slow down my progression within the game, not buy upgrades i could afford etc, as i want a couple of seasons at the back, and then a couple more seasons perhaps scraping into the points on a good day. I don't want it to be easy, i don't want my team to turn up and within 3 seasons wipe the floor with Hamilton & Mercedes, it's just stupid. A dream would be to come in as Wilson Motorsport, be 5 seconds off like 2010 HRT or something, but then slowly make my way through the ranks, gathering manufacturer backing along the way, so that by season 8 or 9 when i'm towards the front, i'm something like Equipe' Wilson Bugatti, but this is merely a dream. Would have been decent if your title sponsor is at the beginning of your team name, F1 2021 maybe. I hope this mode is something they tweak and develop over the coming years, and not just a feature that had a year in the spotlight and then Codies moved onto something else, this thing has real potential.

There's a couple of other things i'm unsure on that maybe someone here knows - Can we change our livery between seasons? (i know we can change title sponsor) Because being stuck with exactly the same livery for a decade's worth of in game time is...well, i would want to at least tweak it between seasons like Mercedes at the very LEAST. Also what about changing engine supplier between seasons? If this is possible, then having your engine supplier in your team name could be a huge F if you want to change at some point. 

Actually to be honest an idea that i'm warming to is the 'Lawrence Stroll' gameplan, essentially as if my dad runs the team, and i'm the driver, so a team name as something related to him, thinking... because actually my dad used to race motorbikes in the 80's, do i bring back the team he raced for? I've seen some old pictures, i could create the colour scheme at least. But then it wasn't HIS team. Damn i've been pondering over this, and rambling on a lot. For me though it's not just a case of calling it some banter name like i've seen on twitter, painting the car day-glo green and having a laugh. I want to do this properly, i was to feel as if it's real, as if this is actually me, with my own car going up against the giants. I want to make this as authentic as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If it fits somehow with the livery, I will try to bring Benetton back to the grid, with Mick Schumacher and Renault engine. 

Or I'll create a female driver, pick Tatiana Calderon as teammate and bring in a girls-only team.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Or I'll create a female driver, pick Tatiana Calderon as teammate and bring in a girls-only team.  🙂

Wonder if the W-series will ever make it the way FIFA added the women’s teams.

I would like to create the Lamborghini, but with the engines that are available in the game, it doesn't make much sense, does it?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope they do have tons of badges because as someone already said: ugly badges would ruin the immersion and looking at the badges I've seen so far there are really stupid ones like the helmet badge. I hope they took the alphabet and made multiple styles of badges of every character of the alphabet. If you can't find a badge that suits your name brand at least you can have a badge with your initial.

Edited by BelgiumDude

If the announcers can say the names available for your driver, like Falcon, Hawk, Stewart, Hill etc. I will pick one of these, otherwise it will be my last name.

New Team idea.

old teams

Spyker - Ferrari

Honda F1

Maserati F1

future teams

Campos F1

Panthera Asia Team F1

Lamborghini F1

Aston Martin F1

F2 teams

ART Grand Prix

MP Motorsport

Prema Powerteam

Arden International

More Suggestions welcome

I was going to create something like Toyota Gazoo Racing with their classic white, black and red colours, or Audi or Porsche....but with the 4 engine options we have it doesn't make sense....I don't think Toyota would use anything other than their own engines and Audi/Porsche using a Mercedes engine is laughable, so I guess I'll go with some random name.

Here's hoping some luck for us PC players and we can mod more engines or edit engine names 

With which engine would Lamborghini make the most sense?  Help me...

1 minute ago, caiocrq said:

With which engine would Lamborghini make the most sense?  Help me...

Ferrari I guess? 

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, FTBuzzard said:

Yes, I'm going to sign TC to my team, although my Avatar will be male. It would be cool if the drivers from other series (FIA F3, W series, Formula E etc) were also made available with a later patch, but i think that is definitely waaaay too much to expect. Pity, that would increase the number of female candidates for the drive immensely.

Edited by nothere270

I was going to do a team around my favourite football team but after the last 2 games it might just be a train wreck (have a guess which team 😂)

31 minutes ago, nothere270 said:

Yes, I'm going to sign TC to my team, although my Avatar will be male. It would be cool if the drivers from other series (FIA F3, W series, Formula E etc) were also made available with a later patch, but i think that is definitely waaaay too much to expect. Pity, that would increase the number of female candidates for the drive immensely.

If F1 drivers retire then maybe the F2 drivers should change year to year and then we could have at least more fictional female drivers?