Jump to content Jump to content

What team would you create in F1 2020 My Team mode?

F1 2020 is going to have a My Team mode as we all know. We don't know much about it as of yet but that doesn't mean you cannot say what team you would like to create!

Some information on my team can be found from here
https://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2020/

'For the first time, players can create their own F1® team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top.'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When I was really young, I had a toy car, an open wheel racer.  John Player Special Lotus 77 in black with gold trim.  It was gorgeous.  Not that it would be the Lotus 77 in the game, but the livery was stunning, and it would be awesome to recreate that.

• Like 4
Just now, 2Pacalypse said:

I bet 100% fake random sponsors.

Customization is not in CMs vocabulary.

Then it would basically be like the current multiplayer car customization. That would be a shame and would for me scrap the opportunity to recreate historical teams.

• Agree 2
21 minutes ago, BarryB said:

It will very much depend on the options we have like in what liveries we can choose or make and sponsors are available.

That's why I said 'We don't know much about it as of yet but that doesn't mean you cannot say what team you would like to create!' 😛 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, BarryB said:

Then it would basically be like the current multiplayer car customization. That would be a shame and would for me scrap the opportunity to recreate historical teams.

take a look at the trailer, and you will see the exact the same liveries like in 2019 multiplayer car... to be fair its just a trailer/teaser but i have no hope for customization like in GT sport.

custom1.jpg

custom2.jpg

• Agree 2
9 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

take a look at the trailer, and you will see the exact the same liveries like in 2019 multiplayer car... to be fair its just a trailer/teaser but i have no hope for customization like in GT sport.

custom1.jpg

custom2.jpg

Yes, probably a bit more options then we have now, but doubt you would be able to upload anything yourself

45 minutes ago, UP100 said:

That's why I said 'We don't know much about it as of yet but that doesn't mean you cannot say what team you would like to create!' 😛 

If possible a Classic team, for example the 1997 Lola who where just there for 1 race, might have been the worst F1 carever, but the livery was pretty nice.

But since i doubt that will be possible it will probably be something named of with my own initials.

I’d probably go for something like Toyota or Audi as a fantasy team joining the rest of the current manufacturers. Be curious to see how in depth the mode is in terms of customisation. Hopefully we’re not restricted in the teams names and too much in the liveries, although I’m definitely not expecting GT Sport levels of customisation. Would be cool though. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I always liked Minardi growing up. They were that underdog team with basically no chance, so anytime they were in the top 10, you'd know it was chaos. I might try a version of this livery. 

Mazzacane en Minardi F1 2000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2