DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Dirt Rally 2 Gamepass - Entitlements

I have the version of Dirt Rally 2 that is currently part of the Xbox Gamepass subscription. Can you let me know whether this is a full version of the game or a cut down version. The reason I ask is that I have been trying to take part in a Rally that has been created in the club I belong to. However whenever I try to access it I get a message telling me that I do not have the Entitlements to do so.. please see screenshot attached.

I can take part in custom events of my own using the cars that are part of the club event that I cannot access so I am confused why I am having this problem.

Many thanks

20200421_211051.jpg

20200421_211056.jpg

You obviously get only the base game without any DLC with that subscription.

I recommend buying the GotY-Edition of the game for the full package.
You missing around 50% of the game...more or less.

Also, if you're on Xbox Game Pass for PC there's a known issue with DLC entitlements that we've been working with Microsoft to resolve.

11 hours ago, Hammerpgh62 said:

Can you let me know whether this is a full version of the game or a cut down version.

Standard Edition, no DLC.

The Year One Pass gets you all the DLC in a single purchase, if that's something you feel like doing.

Many thanks for this. I assumed that was the case but it's still confusing why I can't join a club challenge that had been setup with no dlc included.

I'm in touch with customer support so hopefully they will be able to resolve this.

On PS4 the Game Pass system is pretty stupid, perhaps it's the same for Xbox. For PS4 it wasn't enough to buy the season pass from the store - I had to manually download each and every car. track and livery from the list.

So when you did that did it also charge you for them? When I go to the store it lists the cars I need for this event with a price against them even though they are part of what I already have 

On 4/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, Hammerpgh62 said:

So when you did that did it also charge you for them? When I go to the store it lists the cars I need for this event with a price against them even though they are part of what I already have 

They were listed as free after purchasing the game pass.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:32 AM, PJTierney said:

Also, if you're on Xbox Game Pass for PC there's a known issue with DLC entitlements that we've been working with Microsoft to resolve.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, PJTierney said:

Standard Edition, no DLC.

The Year One Pass gets you all the DLC in a single purchase, if that's something you feel like doing.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:23 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

You obviously get only the base game without any DLC with that subscription.

I recommend buying the GotY-Edition of the game for the full package.
You missing around 50% of the game...more or less.

I was considering buying the game outright after having so much fun with it on Gamepass but there seem to be so many issues with dlc not being available to many that I'm reluctant to shell out the money for something that may still not give me everything out should. I've been in contact with Codemasters and they have responded to say they are working with Microsoft to try to resolve the problem but at the moment have no answer. That last response was about 2 weeks ago!! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in purchasing it.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:18 AM, Hammerpgh62 said:

I was considering buying the game outright after having so much fun with it on Gamepass but there seem to be so many issues with dlc not being available to many that I'm reluctant to shell out the money for something that may still not give me everything out should. I've been in contact with Codemasters and they have responded to say they are working with Microsoft to try to resolve the problem but at the moment have no answer. That last response was about 2 weeks ago!! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in purchasing it.

There was a fix for something maybe related to this.

My Team:

• Resolved issue where some players could not access DLC cars they had purchased/owned in-game.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42848-dirt-rally-20-patch-notes/

But I wouldn't worry too much about not getting what you paid for, if it really happens to you.
You can refund through Microsoft, if that happens.

Microsofts/Codemasters communication to each other simply is the worst I have seen in my 25+ years as a gamer.
There were issues with nearly every DLC in DR 2.0's lifetime, so I'm not surprised.
I don't care, who is to blame for this, it's just laughable.

But all of this got fixed and so will this, too.