F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Chat about the 2019 season

Chat about the 2019 season and what could of been better for a good and competetive racing, also if there was good things that could of been better.

Do you mean with regards to the actual F1 season? If so...

For me I kind of wish Mercedes hadn’t been so dominant in the early races of the season and we’d seen more like Austria, Britain, Spa, Italy etc where Ferrari and Red Bull were much more in the mix and battling with the Mercs.  

Bahrain was tough on Ferrari and should have been Leclercs first win as he was on fire in that race.  Would love to have seen Vettel more in the mix at the front too as I think that penalty in Canada definitely demoralised him for quite a few races.  

I think the season started off quite predictable with Mercedes far too dominant but definitely felt like we got some classic races in the middle and latter half of the season.  I really hope the new regulations (when they finally get introduced) does level the field somewhat as I think it would be amazing seeing things like 2010 where we had so many different race winners for the first half the season making it a lot more exciting and unpredictable.

yeah the later part of the season was really good and exciting but mercedes heavily dominated the beginning. but i guess its similar to what happen to brawn had a great car in first 7 races  but once other teams developed their cars other teams pace caught up to brawn 

• Agree 1

Guest Mike1158

A bit part of the Ferrari performance was down to cheating, they simply had more fuel on the car than they were allowed.  SImples.  No idea what Red Bull did but the engine deficit was still apparent so where that performance came from is anyone's guess.