Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

NEED HELP TO SETUP MY THRUSTMASTER FERRARI 458 ON MY PC FOR F1 2019

Hi guys, i need help to setup my thrustmaster ferrari 458 xbox version on my pc to play f1 2019. So far i cannot get it to work. Is there any way? Thanks

HI @cedlaf,

A little more detail if possible:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences.

Please add the questions in your post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue

1. I just bought a thrustmaster ferrari 458 wheel and pedal kit. When i plug it and open f1 2019, it will not let me use it. No buttons on the wheel is doing anything.

2. I dont see the version. Its f1 2019 on pc with steam.

3. I want to continue career mode as i played with a xbox controller before.

4. Its an ongoing issue. Just bought it.

5. On going issue.

6. I tried to change my keyboard binding for pedals and boutons on the wheel but no luck there.

7. Thrustmaster ferrari 458 wheel and pedals xbox version

8. No video

I have exatly the same issue with the Thrustmaster T300RS wheel using Steam as well. I have just spent 2 days trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully. 

I have installled the latest driver and firmware and windows recognises the wheel. I have also have Dirt Rally 2.0 and the wheel worked first time, straight off the bat. So there is no issue with the wheel. The wheel is recognised in Steam. Also tried re-installing F1 2019 but that didn't help either.

Many others using it, so in theory it should work. But it doesn't. 

21 hours ago, cedlaf said:

1. I just bought a thrustmaster ferrari 458 wheel and pedal kit. When i plug it and open f1 2019, it will not let me use it. No buttons on the wheel is doing anything.

2. I dont see the version. Its f1 2019 on pc with steam.

3. I want to continue career mode as i played with a xbox controller before.

4. Its an ongoing issue. Just bought it.

5. On going issue.

6. I tried to change my keyboard binding for pedals and boutons on the wheel but no luck there.

7. Thrustmaster ferrari 458 wheel and pedals xbox version

8. No video

You need drivers for the wheel on PC. It's not just plug it in like on console.

The 458 Spider is an Xbox only wheel, it does not work on PC https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/104-en/

The Ferrari 458 Italia is an emulated Xbox 360 controller https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrari458italia-en/

As is the Ferrari Vibration GT Cockpit 458 Italia Edition https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferraricockpitf458-en/

Or you might actually have the TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

You can see why we need people to be specific 🙄

There's even a 458 Italia add-on wheel, but I'm gonna assume it's not that....

Edited by steviejay69

Yea i got the 458 spider so it is NOT compatible with pc. I returned it. Thanks all for your help.

• Thanks 1

guys pls this is urgent does the Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel work on windows 10 pls let me know asap

On 20/11/2020 at 3:22 AM, bruterabbit07 said:

I had that problem on my pc then i downloaded xbox 360 driver and it works as i play dirt rally in oculus vr.

what wheel do you have ??

On 1/28/2021 at 9:45 AM, FRMMyst said:

guys pls this is urgent does the Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel work on windows 10 pls let me know asap

If you read my post earlier, yes it is specifically supported on Windows. It is NOT on the F1 2020 officially supported list as it is an emulated XBox 360 controller which IS on the list.