Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Thrustmaster T300RS not detected in F1 2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
I have just purchased F1 2019 for Steam and I cannot get it to recognise my Thrustmaster T300RS wheel. I have just spent many hours trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully. 
 
I have installled the latest driver and firmware and windows 10 recognises the wheel. I have also purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 and the wheel worked first time, straight off the bat. So there is no issue with the wheel. The wheel is recognised in Steam. I can allocate functions to the buttons in Steam, however this sets the device up as an Xbox type of controller i.e. no FFB, just buttons and axis. It's pretty useless setup like this, however at least I can see an input from the wheel in the game. I've tried numerous USB ports (no hubs) and re-installing the game, but to no avail. I've also removed all uneccessary controllers. Zilch, nada, nowt, nothing...
 
Your website says that the wheel is supported and there are many others using it, so in theory it should work. But it doesn't. 
Edited by UP100
Added 'solved' prefix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try and disable as much as possible of the Steam controller support, as that can cause issues reading the wheel in certain games. At least Euro Truck Simulator 2 cannot detect T300RS if you have switched the "Generic gamepad support" on.

See if that helps. I'm also running a T300RS 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CrashEd1664 said:
I have just purchased F1 2019 for Steam and I cannot get it to recognise my Thrustmaster T300RS wheel. I have just spent many hours trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully. 
 
I have installled the latest driver and firmware and windows 10 recognises the wheel. I have also purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 and the wheel worked first time, straight off the bat. So there is no issue with the wheel. The wheel is recognised in Steam. I can allocate functions to the buttons in Steam, however this sets the device up as an Xbox type of controller i.e. no FFB, just buttons and axis. It's pretty useless setup like this, however at least I can see an input from the wheel in the game. I've tried numerous USB ports (no hubs) and re-installing the game, but to no avail. I've also removed all uneccessary controllers. Zilch, nada, nowt, nothing...
 
Your website says that the wheel is supported and there are many others using it, so in theory it should work. But it doesn't. 

To back up and expand on what @UP100 is saying, I think you are doing something wrong. If you installed the driver, the Thrustmaster Control Panel is installed, this is where you set up your wheel, FFB and DOR, etc. test calibration and axes response, update firmware etc.

Then the controller appears on the in-game menu as a control schema. 

So I don't understand what you are doing in Steam, unless that is how people configure extra controller options. Welcome to the world of wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Then the controller appears on the in-game menu as a control schema. 

Yeah I’ve done all of that, but it doesn’t appear in the game at all. In Dirt 2 it just worked. 
 

As I said before the ONLY WAY I can get the wheel to respond in the game is by frigging it in Steam to make it look like an Xbox controller. It’s not a solution, I only did it to get ‘something’ working in the game. 

Might just go back to 2018, at least that worked. I won’t be buying 2020...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, UP100 said:

Try and disable as much as possible of the Steam controller support, as that can cause issues reading the wheel in certain games. At least Euro Truck Simulator 2 cannot detect T300RS if you have switched the "Generic gamepad support" on.

See if that helps. I'm also running a T300RS 🙂 

yep, saw that in another post but it did nothing. Cheers anyway 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrashEd1664 said:

Yeah I’ve done all of that, but it doesn’t appear in the game at all. In Dirt 2 it just worked. 

As I said before the ONLY WAY I can get the wheel to respond in the game is by frigging it in Steam to make it look like an Xbox controller. It’s not a solution, I only did it to get ‘something’ working in the game. 

Might just go back to 2018, at least that worked. I won’t be buying 2020...

Listen, I have the same wheel. It definitely works, so there is something on your system that is affecting it.

Post a dxdiag and I will take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Listen, I have the same wheel. It definitely works, so there is something on your system that is affecting it.

Post a dxdiag and I will take a look.

Thanks. Here you go.

DxDiag.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, CrashEd1664 said:

Thanks. Here you go.

DxDiag.txt

The name of the motherboard is not picked up, can you please add it?

Nvidia drivers are a known issue, please revert to 442.74.

Windows 10 is EOL May 12 2020, please use the feature update to 1909.

WER is highlighting DCS.exe (Digital Combat Simulator?) as a Buffer Overflow Exception, please uninstall it.

@CrashEd1664

Edited by steviejay69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The name of the motherboard is not picked up, can you please add it?

Nvidia drivers are a known issue, please revert to 442.74.

Windows 10 is EOL May 12 2020, please use the feature update to 1909.

 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    DESKTOP-HLA7FFE
System Manufacturer    System manufacturer
System Model    System Product Name
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    SKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 1101, 16/07/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product    MAXIMUS V GENE
BaseBoard Version    Rev 1.xx
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Off
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale    United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.17763.1131"
Username    DESKTOP-HLA7FFE\edhas
Time Zone    GMT Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    24.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    23.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    19.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory    27.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory    21.1 GB
Page File Space    3.50 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off
Virtualisation-based security    Not enabled
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware    No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes
 

Hope that helps. Let me know if not.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UEFI BIOS update 1903 (this is a legacy board last updated 2013).

Please take special care with regard to memory configuration 24GB is an odd size (Manual section 2.2.4 page 27).

If you can create an optimal 16GB configuration, try that also. Make sure you have left the page file setting as 'System managed'.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

UEFI BIOS update 1903 (this is a legacy board last updated 2013).

Please take special care with regard to memory configuration 24GB is an odd size (Manual section 2.2.4 page 27).

If you can create an optimal 16GB configuration, try that also. Make sure you have left the page file setting as 'System managed'.

Thanks, did all that but still no dice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrashEd1664 said:

Thanks, did all that but still no dice.  

Did you spot the additional stuff I added?

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

The name of the motherboard is not picked up, can you please add it?

Nvidia drivers are a known issue, please revert to 442.74.

Windows 10 is EOL May 12 2020, please use the feature update to 1909.

WER is highlighting DCS.exe (Digital Combat Simulator?) as a Buffer Overflow Exception, please uninstall it. 

@CrashEd1664

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Did you spot the additional stuff I added?

 

Yep..

I'm not uninstalling DCS, its a 250GB multiple install. The error repoted is likely to do with its updater s/w... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CrashEd1664 said:

Yep..

I'm not uninstalling DCS, its a 250GB multiple install. The error repoted is likely to do with its updater s/w... 

OK, I understand but the type of error (BEX64) is related to DEP which can have system wide consequences.

Can you just temporarily try msconfig to stop it loading? Or delete (recycle) a startup folder shortcut (it can be restored) or manually export the registry key that loads it and then delete it? You can restore a registry fragment by double-clicking the exported file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

It sounds like you have messed around with the steam controller settings, so my advice would be to disable that in the game propherties. You do this by right clicking on the game in question and selecting "properties", and then under the "general" tab, changing "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" to "forced off". In this case, you would right click on F1 2019. This is most likely an issue with steam, since you state your wheel works in Dirt Rally 2.0. I was playing F1 2019 last night on a T300.


841496443_f12019.png.292d954f2b04dfc92f68622dd9652510.png

 

1467299566_f120192.png.e62183189f9449590f454a601e5b85f7.png

I should spend more time playing than in here. However, I've never had reason to even know that setting exists, so thanks 👍 205 hours in game, probably pales into insignificance compared to time spent here 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

I should spend more time playing than in here. However, I've never had reason to even know that setting exists, so thanks 👍 205 hours in game, probably pales into insignificance compared to time spent here

I only know about it from seeing other people have the same issue as the OP, I have never encountered the issue myself; but then I have never messed around with the controller functions within the steam software itself. Which they only added and expanded on because of big picture mode and the Steam Controller/Steam Link. But my above advice has worked for others unable to get their wheels to work within Assetto Corsa, Dirt, Grid, F1, and other racing titles. So figured its probably going to help the OP.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

It sounds like you have messed around with the steam controller settings, so my advice would be to disable that in the game propherties. You do this by right clicking on the game in question and selecting "properties", and then under the "general" tab, changing "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" to "forced off". In this case, you would right click on F1 2019. This is most likely an issue with steam, since you state your wheel works in Dirt Rally 2.0. I was playing F1 2019 last night on a T300.


 

 

 

This worked a treat, many thanks indeed. It never worked in the first place, so yeah messing around was enevitable 😉 Whatever Steam had done to prevent the wheel from working, this stopped it, so well done that man 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CrashEd1664 said:

This worked a treat, many thanks indeed. It never worked in the first place, so yeah messing around was enevitable 😉 Whatever Steam had done to prevent the wheel from working, this stopped it, so well done that man 👍

Glad you got it working, sorry you had to waste time on blanket guess work before that

Edited by pachedupdemon
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pachedupdemon said:

Glad you got it working, sorry you had to waste time on blanket guess work before that

None of the steps were wasted. They have worked for others and updating is almost always advantageous. It's not guesswork if it's based on the information provided. I'm happy for you to step up if you feel you have something to contribute, but it is the easiest thing in the world to be critical in hindsight.

Edited by steviejay69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×