Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too bad with error 41 on DiRT Rally

Hi everyone.
I think it's pretty annoying to begin selling a game that actually does not work. I've been trying for several weeks to even start the game and I always get the same error message: 41!! Again and again.
Is it supposed to be fixed at any time? I did not get the game for free or pirate, of course. I just payed for it and I deserve it to work property.
Is there any one out there?

ret00797 said:
Hi everyone.
I think it's pretty annoying to begin selling a game that actually does not work. I've been trying for several weeks to even start the game and I always get the same error message: 41!! Again and again.
Is it supposed to be fixed at any time? I did not get the game for free or pirate, of course. I just payed for it and I deserve it to work property.
Is there any one out there?
They are still trying to get it solved, others have reported freeing up space if you have less than 2gb works.

Could mean multiple things either not enough harddisk space.

You graphics card not supporting DX11.

Having some certain usb devices connected that probably have drivers that do some nasty stuff.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6014/dirt-rally-early-access-bug-tracker-last-update-05-05-15#latest

Error 41 – We added a new error reporting system into v.0.4, it’s nothing you’ll see from your side but it will help us get to the bottom of the various causes of error 41. We’re pretty confident we’ve cut instances of it down by over 50% now, one of the biggest causes is players not having compatible DX11 hardware, we have added a list of the most popular cards to the minimum spec to make it clearer but if your card isn’t listed please check with the manufacturer.

Microsoft Sidewinder Crash – This is another cause of error 41 and crashes and one with an easy fix. If you happen to have a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse or keyboard and are experiencing crashes please update to Mouse and Keyboard Centre 2.3. You can find it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42510

From what I've gathered it is a problem with Valve, and not entirely codemasters fault. I know it's frustrating, but they have been working on it since it was found

ret00797 said:
I think it's pretty annoying to begin selling a game that actually does not work.  I just payed for it and I deserve it to work property.
You have bought into a test - They have not sold a full game, and there are no obligations  for this to work on every configuration at present time.

That's the life of an early access.