110% AI = Real Performance of F1 Drivers??

Does anyone know if 110% AI difficulty is based on the real life performance/track times of the F1 drivers? Also has anyone seen or come with the top 10 using a controller only against the AI at 110%? Just curious on that if its possible or you really do need a wheel to pull that off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eosman said:

Does anyone know if 110% AI difficulty is based on the real life performance/track times of the F1 drivers? Also has anyone seen or come with the top 10 using a controller only against the AI at 110%? Just curious on that if its possible or you really do need a wheel to pull that off.

No. This is a game and has little to do with the actual f1 drivers.  And the times on some tracks are quite off the real times from last year. 

Beating 110 ai on pad is certainly possible. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eosman said:

I'm pretty sure they are based on Alien space craft supersonic speed specs because they are faster than the speed of light it seems. If you have a lead, they will catch you, if you make one mistake they will catch you, if you're up 18 laps... they will catch you lol. Having said that practice, practice, practice. 105 is tops for me. 110 just seems unreachable for most. But I guess that's why it's the hardest setting. Separate the Gods from the Frog Princes lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eosman said:

From my experiences with F1 2019 the game:

-105 to 110 AI is able to do real life qualifying lap times on most circuits. 

-85 to 95 AI is able to do real life race lap times on most circuits.

Sadly, a few tracks, where downforce is key, the AI is not able to get anywhere near the real life performance.

Why?

Because the game is lacking downforce and or grip levels ranging from 5% - 30% depending on track, as Codemasters did not model the car performance correctly in F1 2019.

Codemasters probably thought that the simplified front wing, which was a major part of the official 2019 regulations, would have a massive effect on the cars performance. Many thought that the laptimes of 2019 would be much slower than the 2018 season and that the drivers would have to combat lots of understeer. Even the Gurus thought the same.

Ironically, the Gurus and Codemasters were totally wrong, and did not anticipate the "genius" of F1's worldclass engineers: These engineers were able to make the cars around 1 to 1,5 seconds FASTER than the 2018 ones, mostly from the underfloor and sidepods, iirc.

Fortunately for us, the game came out at a time where we were already 8 races into the real life season. Codemasters therefore had more than enough time to update the car performance accordingly with all the real life data last year. Unfortunately, they did not do so, and the game was released with a ingame car performance that simulated the 2019 cars to be around 1,5 seconds slower than the 2018 ones, with massive understeer.

God knows why, probably to cut time in development, or maybe a mismanagement or simply a mistake?

Either way, after many critical posts on this forum about the massive understeer, Codemasters acknowledged their error and tried to fix the issue, by increasing the front wing downforce by around 20%. Sadly, that did not fix the issue, but only made it less obvious, as currently, as mentioned above, all cars still lack around 5% to 30% of downforce and or grip levels compared to real life depending on track. Meaning:

Codemaster messed up the downforce / grip levels in F1 2019, and moved on without fixing it.

The biggest slap in the face for the players?

The vanilla version of the game, which console players are forced to play as modding is not possible on there, is still at the stage of a wrong car performance that lacks around 5% to 30% (downforce / grip). Of course on PC, you can basically mod it accordingly and try to fix it yourself, but seriously:

One would expect the car performance/ team performance/ driver performance to be accurate, in a "OFFICIALLY LICENCED" game.

It is how it is.

Hopefully, Codemasters won't repeat that mistake again and will give us alternative methods to always create a accurate representation of F1. ("Live Season Updates" e.g. after every 3 real life races, Codemasters updates these values for us, as a service. | "Editor Mode" for Car performance/ Team performance/ Driver performance, as seen in FIFA, to manually adjust these values ourselves from within the game, without having to mod any files externally.)

F1 2020 and future titles will show, how much Codemasters does, to reflect upon themselves.

We can only wait and see.

PS: Also, yes, it is entirely possible to beat 110 AI with a pad. This is a simcade, so pad players are not at a disadvantage.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

@TheEmpireWasRight

Wow thanks for sharing that. I had no idea. That was very informative. I do have F1 2018 as well. I’m tempted to compare the two console verses, 2018 & 2019 in regards to the downforce you mentioned. I’m amateur at the game and use most of the assists so it be interesting to see if I do notice this. 

Edited by Eosman
Reply correction
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Fortunately for us, the game came out at a time where we were already 8 races into the real life season. Codemasters therefore had more than enough time to update the car performance accordingly with all the real life data last year. Unfortunately, they did not do so, and the game was released with a ingame car performance that simulated the 2019 cars to be around 1,5 seconds slower than the 2018 ones, with massive understeer.

...... Unfortunately for us this time the game will come out at a time when we will likely be ZERO races into the real season. By definition this will have to be the least accurate F1 car model released in modern times but THIS time it's NOT Codies fault... Game will sell by the bucket load even if the cars were upside down... Of course the YouTube early reviewers probably won't point that fact out..

🙄😜

14 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

...... Unfortunately for us this time the game will come out at a time when we will likely be ZERO races into the real season. By definition this will have to be the least accurate F1 car model released in modern times but THIS time it's NOT Codies fault... Game will sell by the bucket load even if the cars were upside down... Of course the YouTube early reviewers probably won't point that fact out..

🙄😜

I believe anyone who more or less interested in "what's going on" in actual F1 can pick the pecking order for F1 2020 cars which may not be entirely and utterly accurate, but I hope CM add much more downforce for this years' cars, which is 100% true to life. 2020 cars are beastest of all time in that matter. 

Top3 teams must be way ahead of the midfield teams. I think Ferrari is a bit further behind of Mercedes/Red Bull as of now.

F 1.5 is lead by Racing Point and McLaren. Three guesses who is faster between those two. 

At the bottom we have still an improved Williams, not enough though to bite anyone up ahead. Haas seems to have transferred last year's disasterous car into 2020. Lastly, Alfa Romeo definitely needs to find some pace.

:classic_smile:

Edited by sergey_blackbird
spelling
  • Thanks 1