Jump to content Jump to content

Some suggestions with respect to the possible future title in the Dirt franchise.

FarmerCee

Hello @PJTierney,

Today I posted a hypothetical question to the followers of the World Rally Enthusiasts Facebook page. I also shared the post in the 'DiRT Rally' Facebook group. The question was, what people would like to see in the possible future title of Dirt Rally, if Codemasters were to continue the franchise and release a new title. I promised to convey a summary of the results to the attention of Codemasters, so in this respect, I would be most grateful, if you were kindly to pass these few screenshots forward to the person at Codemasters, who is responsible for game development in the field of rally simulators. I would really appreciate your assistance on this matter.

We got a really massive response - a lot of comments. I fully understand that there are many limitations and factors that determine what can be developed and incorporated in a game. However, I didn't want to filter the comments, and judge what is possible and what is not, as I'm not in a position to do so. Hence, the summary that I have drafted based on the comments, fully reflects the response from the 'field', so to say. I have strived to highlight those issues, development ideas and location wishes that were mentioned most frequently in the posts. In addition, there's also a list that contains a sample of those cars that players would like to see in the possible future game. There were so many wishes on different cars that I only managed to produce a sample of these into this summary.

The summary is subtitled as follows:
- Racenet
- Pacenotes
- Game options
- Car features
- Location features
- Other comments
- Wishlist of cars
- Wishlist of locations

Here's the original post: 

"Let's play a round of '𝗔 𝗛𝗬𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡' game.

IF Codemasters were to decide to make a new version/title of Dirt Rally 2.0 (let's call it a working title 'Dirt Rally 3.0'), what would you like to see in this game?

Post your views below in the comments section. In order to keep it short and sweet,

1) Pick ONE CAR that you would definitely like to see in the game;

2) Pick ONE LOCATION that you would like to have in the game;

3) Pick ONE FEATURE that you would like to see developed or added in the game.

I will compile the answers, list them down and post them to the attention of Codemasters. Let's see what kind of list we can produce! Thanks already in advance for your cooperation.
Cheers!"

Here's the summary - 7 photos in total.

With best regards, Andy from the World Rally Enthusiasts Facebook page

Comments1.png

Comments2.png

Comments3.png

Comments4.png

Comments5.png

Comments6.png

Comments7.png

• Social Media & Community Team
On 4/24/2020 at 10:44 PM, FarmerCee said:

We got a really massive response - a lot of comments.

Do you know roughly how many comments?

This is all good, constructive feedback, just getting a sense of volume here 🙂 

On 4/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, PJTierney said:

Do you know roughly how many comments?

This is all good, constructive feedback, just getting a sense of volume here 🙂 

Hi @PJTierney,

There were about ~300 comments. 95% of them were solid answers with good suggestions, clear views & argumentation. About 5% were comments, which can be judged as irrelevant with respect to the initial question.

With best regards, Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived