Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

[Teredo?] Problem with joining to online session.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have following problem. Like one week ago I started to have problem with connecting to multiplayer sessions.

In ranked sessions there are no players (either 5 laps or 25%). And in unranked I got list of server but when try to connect all the time I get note that there is erro and can't join session.

Before that everything was fine. When I tried to use the Geforce NOW I was able to connect to the servers.

1.       There is no error code.
2.       Windows 10 PC    1.22
3.       Multiplayer 
4.       I tried to verify files, reinstall game, switch off modem for quite time.
5.      Logitech driving force GT
6.       Screenshots below:

image.thumb.png.e60882db587bb981b167699d981edb1b.png

image.thumb.png.c3670ed420cbd758657da9e7b1288e91.png

image.thumb.png.bdc7820ad4cb8f9f6298dc9900461236.png

Edited by UP100
Added 'solved' prefix

24 hours and that's it huh? Not even 1 reply/question anything ?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Same here.  On a PS4.  Will not let me join an unranked Session, Will show them, but will not let me connect and any ranked match will have me in the sessions o myself.

I'd advice you to check your NAT Level. These days it can be done through the Windows Settings -> Gaming -> Xbox Network tab.

NAT stuff loves to be the reason for matchmaking troubles in P2P games.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dembekPL said:

24 hours and that's it huh? Not even 1 reply/question anything ?

@dembekPL please be a little patient over the weekends as the support is a little lower than in the week (I have a weekend haha).

Agreed with @UP100, checking NAT level is a good start. It's a connectivity issue. Are you running wired/wireless?

Hello BarryBL, I didn't mean to be rude or something.

So yeah, I am running with wired.  Had played like 20 races, the problem appeared like 18.04.20.

I will do as you say and check NAT.

• Like 1

I believe that is the issue. Also everytime I switch on power there is problem with qualification of teredo. So will go in that direction.

Many thanks BarryBL !

Alright so the things is like :

Everytime I switch power on I have it like :

image.png.120013143bad37fda764784a2ecfe68b.png

Even if I manage to make it like that through the CMD commends:

image.png.8e87d20c9c856b53830d6ba440a6d13f.png

I still cannot join the lobby. I think the issue is still on my side because what I found weird is that I don't have Teredo in Devices Manager:

image.png.2a2f92d62a2c642161d25c92a11e9cb1.png

(Show hiddens included)

Even when I go to add legacy device still cannot find Teredo:

image.png.c88cad492017fc5d9786239d10b844ce.png

Do you possibly have any ideas what more can I try ?

12 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

Mate just give up, codemasters aren't bothered, the mods here do their work by just showing up, they haven't a clue because they aren't getting anything from codemasters. 

All these problems are due to permissions, which would be already set up if ran from proper servers, but all codies have are game services running, so it's peer to peer, if you haven't got permission to connect to host, you can't. 

It's a problem of lazy devs and cheapskate ceos

@pachedupdemon Never anything constructive to add. It is the easiest thing in the world to be critical. Maybe we should all give up? 

@dembekPL are you using a VPN? If you are, this is known to affect connectivity as some services are not carried over a VPN link depending on the VPN tech.

However, if not here is a link to a guide to try to fix Teredo. 

https://windowsreport.com/teredo-is-unable-to-qualify-fix/ (this is not a suggestion to download or install Restoro)

Basically IPv6 has been the future for some time and remains "the future". Obviously I have no idea of your router or ISP. Suffice to say in the UK my ISP does not support IPv6, so IPv4 is used.

Posted (edited)

@steviejay69 I tried I think all the things from the list. Have found similar one in polish forum yesterday. Unfortunately none of it worked. I would simply turn off teredo deinstall it and reinstall it, but I can't because I don't have it in devices manager.

image.png.84861aab46d152be8d127fc32c1e3953.png

The same goes in install window:

image.png.c9bc327cae81d793dd387a9ad92b4114.png

The same goes in install  Nonetheless thank all for tying to help.

Edited by dembekPL

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dembekPL said:

@steviejay69 I tried I think all the things from the list. Have found similar one in polish forum yesterday. Unfortunately none of it worked. I would simply turn off teredo deinstall it and reinstall it, but I can't because I don't have it in devices manager.

image.png.84861aab46d152be8d127fc32c1e3953.png

The same goes in install window:

image.png.c9bc327cae81d793dd387a9ad92b4114.png

The same goes in install  Nonetheless thank all for tying to help.

@dembekPL what happens at the command prompt? The tutorial gives something like this netsh interface Teredo show state

image.png.208d696f1794e756c61ef3f8b8031d1c.png

This is what mine gives (obviously I don't need Teredo as my ISP doesn't use IPv6).

If it is a setting in your router to disable IPv6, try it? I don't know who your ISP is and if they support IPv6 (only).

Tag me if you need a further reply, please. Thanks.

Edited by steviejay69

I've edited the title a bit (you can edit it yourself to include more information when you find some!) and I also hid/moved some comments that were a bit off-topic 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@steviejay69 after what you wrote I wonder if I need Teredo at all. Can you look at this :

I also saw some comments that people had problem after release with 1.22 is it possible to somehow downgrade it ?(Maybe worth a try )

image.png.e5ab50038d7b41903300ff133ab0a207.png

Edited by dembekPL

2 hours ago, dembekPL said:

@steviejay69 after what you wrote I wonder if I need Teredo at all. Can you look at this :

I also saw some comments that people had problem after release with 1.22 is it possible to somehow downgrade it ?(Maybe worth a try )

image.png.e5ab50038d7b41903300ff133ab0a207.png

You can't downgrade the game. You can not keep it current, but that locks you out of multiplayer anyway AFAIK (version mismatch).

It looks like your Terodo is disabled like mine and there is an IP4 external address. Can you disable IPv6 function in your router?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, dembekPL said:

Hello,

I fixed it for myself, at least for now will see it nothing will change. Right so if anyone had similar problem I give solution that worked for me.

The most important  thing I noticed is that first you will have screen like that:image.png.ac0e6cf029b4b1c54eb8141fbf029532.png

I took like 1-2minutes and after I post the commend netsh interface teredo show state Tered-Parameter again it goes like that:

image.png.c0d4717ae20eef93de3d1115cd1e03fd.png

image.png.5a3733827405b79a643e0b58e66fecbe.png

image.thumb.png.4bf366d41415b7ca550e368c3814e4b2.png

Many thanks for everyone that helped me during these hard fight, especially to steviejay69 and  BarryBL 😉

So basically, you have enabled Teredo as your ISP uses IPv6! 

As I said previously the solution will vary for people depending on their ISP and equipment. Thanks for posting your resolution.

Edited by steviejay69