Jump to content Jump to content

DLC not working on different account

DICE2795

Hey guys, so I bought the Year One Pass for DR 2.0(ps4) on an account that I use only for purchases, when I get on my main account, the game doesn't seem to recognise the DLC, I have the locations and the McRae pack available but the cars and the in game credits don't show up and the top corner doesn't say 4 as it should. I read that microtransactions tend to not be shareable on different accounts, is that why I don't have the cars or the money?

I appreciate any help, thank you 

Dlc is not a microtansaction. Dlc is dlc. A downloadable content. So DLC's MUST be available on every account on Primary PS4's. Every other f...ing games do that. It is a customer right.

BUT. That thief Codemasters are not give a **** this problem since the game released. So yeah, it is the common problem. And I think it is not a "problem", Codemasters doing it purposely. They do not care about it since the game released. 

So there is 2 reason on this thing:

1- Codemasters are incompetent on this situation. And they can't fix it.

2- They don't care. They think "oh let them purchase the dlc and then see that it will not work on other accounts so they will buy it again on THAT account.

We are yelling them for 1 year in this forum, but shockingly they literally don't do any **** about it. I don't see another reason behind it.

In a nutshell: Yes. Dlc's are not working on other accounts on the PS4's that set as Primary system. Though it MUST be working, they clearly doing an illegal thing and should be sued.

For example you have purchased Witcher 3 on the account A. And you have purchased Witcher 3 Blood And Wine DLC on the account B. You set your PS4 as Primary system on both account A & B. And you play on the account C. 

You can easily see and play every purchased Witcher 3 content and Witcher 3 base game on the account C. Period.

31 minutes ago, DICE2795 said:

It does seem fishy, never had this problem before

Yeah. There is a big gimmick. I never thought that when it was early times and always waited they to fix it. Because some other games had this situation before and they fixed quickly.

But Codemasters. They are just deaf on this situation.

• Social Media & Community Team

Does this help?

If not, then your best bet is to email custservice@codemasters.com since it's likely an issue specific to your console/accounts.

I tried everything, at the moment I'm reinstalling the game and the DLC, already sent an email. Hopefully it will work, but it's so off putting going through all this when in reality, it should not even be a problem, sad really.

50 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Does this help?

If not, then your best bet is to email custservice@codemasters.com since it's likely an issue specific to your console/accounts.

Spesific? Can you show me a proof that anyone can play a DLC in My Team mode on the account that not purchased a DLC?

I do not see anyone could do it. 

I contacted Custservice months ago. They all said they will be working on it. "For months". And now It's been almost a year and still not a single developer at Codemasters give a hand. Is that it? 

"I'm afraid that the DLC will only be available in the My Team mode on the account on which it was purchased/activated.

Sorry for the inconvnenience."

The reply I got 😂
Never buying anything from them again

5 hours ago, DICE2795 said:
"I'm afraid that the DLC will only be available in the My Team mode on the account on which it was purchased/activated.

Sorry for the inconvnenience."

The reply I got 😂
Never buying anything from them again

They are clearly doing an illegal thing. Downloadable content MUST be shared between all accounts on the Primary systems.

They are doing like "oh you have bought the disc version. Great! But you can play the Dlcs only on your PS4. If you give it to your friend, he/she can't play. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!" 

Codemasters, you truly deserve pirating your products. I am selling my PS4 copy of DR 2 and downloading the torrent of the PC version. I cannot play Myteam either way. At least I will have all seasons for free! 

Now you and me both doing the illegal things. Problem solved.

Archived