Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game crashes randomly

Hi,
My game crashes randomly and I land on the desktop without an error message.

Play on PC with the latest patch
It happens in multiplayer as well as single players. But also in the career.

Bentuze a Fanatec steering wheel with the G39 headphones

Steam ID 050119048306

131529509.rar

DxDiag.txt

hardwaresettings.rar

hi @zerotime

If you are looking to report an issue, please copy the questions from the reporting template in the below and answer

We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences.

Please add the questions in your post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue

• BarryBL
  • Codemasters Staff
  • cm_forumtag_codemasters.png.77cb1c9108c8
  • 938 psts

hi @zerotime

If you are looking to report an issue, please copy the questions from the reporting template in the below and answer

We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. -> The game crashes easily during the race or qualifying
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) ->1.22
3.       Game-mode? ->Multiplayer and Singelplayer,
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. ->

No happens by accident. the only thing is that the picture turns black and the steering wheel turns to the left. Then you land on the desktop without an error message

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? -> fortuitously

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. -> Yes Tried the full troubleshooting
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) -> Fanatec DD1 and Logitech Headphones
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. -> No

Hi @zerotime,

Can you add a recording so I can see where it crashes. 

Also, how often do you see it? Is there any specific action. What 'exact' troubleshooting have you tried? Just so I can rule things out.

Hi @BarryBL

Reinstalled the game
All drivers of the PC renewed.
Graphics settings down

I can record a video today but it can be 1 hour or it crashes after 5 rounds. There is no rhythm for that.
It also happens to happen sometimes when entering a menu after the race.

I'd say adding a video might be useful here. Timestamp it so I don't miss it. Just want to pin it down really.

I am assuming you have done the updating of the DD1 controller because I don't see it in the dxdiag (correct me if I am wrong)?

The G35 is a USB connected headset with 7.1 surround. 7.1 surround has been known to cause issues with the game. Update the LGS and GHub, updating the headset where possible. If you can try it with 7.1 mode turned off that might be helpful. Unlike some other headsets the USB is not a dongle, the headset is wired directly to USB and cannot be used in (audio) jack mode.

If you could post your board make and model that would also be helpful.

The dxdiag shows there is a secondary display detected as a Microsoft Basic Render Driver. This is a little unusual, but it could be an issue. Make sure the Radeon VII is the selected GPU in the in-game settings (Game Options|Graphics Settings|Video Mode).

We don't have any major reported issues with Radeon VII but I cannot attest to any of the drivers as I use RX580 which is a different product line entirely. This would need feedback from other Radeon VII users.

Hi @BarryBL

Sorry for the late message, I only got there yesterday.
The first attempt after 24 minutes crashed and finally got an error message
ego dumber crash. I've attached the file here because I couldn't send it.
if you need a video proof I can upload it.

Hope I find the mistake.

614494-20200429-221953-0.zip