Jump to content

I made the Top 100 ( PS4 )

Recommended Posts

I made a recent post about how hard it is to get in the top 100 in a featured event. It seemed like no matter what the score, people would come along and beat it. It was my 2nd featured event and I wasn't going down without a fight. On the last day with maybe 6-7 hours left I found myself in 98th place so I decided to have another go, this time at 107 AI. To my surprise I kept Hamilton behind me but on my last lap I clipped a wall and got the yellow front wing, I had already used 1 flashback and didn't want to use another so I went for the finish hoping it was ok. I had the hairpin and the Chicane left, it held up with no steering problems. I almost peed a little. I put up my best score which was a 272,875 and ended up in 86th place out of 16,219. I was about as happy as a teen girl at a Hanson concert in the 90's... yes that happy. I also ended up being the top Canadian which is really cool. I was determined to get that top 100 and I succeeded, moral of the story. Don't try It, it's absolute agony lol. 😲

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! Haven't done that with F1 but I do a lot of tuning with pcars 2 and was chasing the top drivers ghost to test them out. The first time I realized I'd actually passed him half way I started to shake! Blew it by the end but next time I was prepared and took that first spot yay. It's definitely worth the stress tho imo! Just be glad there's noone watching!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Congrats! Haven't done that with F1 but I do a lot of tuning with pcars 2 and was chasing the top drivers ghost to test them out. The first time I realized I'd actually passed him half way I started to shake! Blew it by the end but next time I was prepared and took that first spot yay. It's definitely worth the stress tho imo! Just be glad there's noone watching!!

Thanks @sloppysmusic I can definitely relate to the unannounced shaking lol. It's like your body is saying "Hey, you're doing awesome.. how about I make you feel like you're having a seizure? I'm sure that will help." I'm going to enjoy it because not sure if it will happen again lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

Thanks @sloppysmusic I can definitely relate to the unannounced shaking lol. It's like your body is saying "Hey, you're doing awesome.. how about I make you feel like you're having a seizure? I'm sure that will help." I'm going to enjoy it because not sure if it will happen again lol

Yeh it's our prehistoric body reflexes trying to get us ready to fight a bear by stiffening us up and releasing adrenaline so we can run or fight harder. It doesn't understand what we actually need at that point is a dose of melatonin so we can calm down and relax! People wonder how race car drivers can cope with hours of constant stress and pressure during a race. But actually apart from critical points like start, finish, passing and pitting they have had so much practice with car and track its almost like a zone they get into where muscle memory takes over from instinct and split second decisions. The 'ice cool' winning drivers are just extremely well practiced and safe their energy for when they need it most. When WE first approach a great time or race win were not used to it so the body thinks we shouldn't be doing it. Maybe you were right after all haha the mind says go the body says no!

🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 4:56 PM, Mike5500 said:

I made a recent post about how hard it is to get in the top 100 in a featured event. It seemed like no matter what the score, people would come along and beat it. It was my 2nd featured event and I wasn't going down without a fight. On the last day with maybe 6-7 hours left I found myself in 98th place so I decided to have another go, this time at 107 AI. To my surprise I kept Hamilton behind me but on my last lap I clipped a wall and got the yellow front wing, I had already used 1 flashback and didn't want to use another so I went for the finish hoping it was ok. I had the hairpin and the Chicane left, it held up with no steering problems. I almost peed a little. I put up my best score which was a 272,875 and ended up in 86th place out of 16,219. I was about as happy as a teen girl at a Hanson concert in the 90's... yes that happy. I also ended up being the top Canadian which is really cool. I was determined to get that top 100 and I succeeded, moral of the story. Don't try It, it's absolute agony lol. 😲

Dude! You're Canadian?  Sweet!  And Congrats!!  That's impressive!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job! I'm around 40 to 170 or something on PS4. Depends on assist users in front of me or the races which has the most morons in it which ruin it. But nice job!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job man💪, last year when there were the Esport qualification in Brasil i ended up in 70/80th place. And in the other Esport qualification i always ended in top 100 🏎

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×