F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

If there’s a DiRT Rally 3, what new locations do we want to see?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I didn't find a wishlist thread discussing only about stages and locations. So I want to know your opinion, if you could choose 6 new locations for DiRT Rally 3, which ones would you choose and why?

In my opinion the most important thing is to increase the number of stages in the current locations, adding stages in different areas of each country to have more variety in the environments.

If we have that, I’ll be happy with just these four new locations:

Ireland: I don't know why, but I love these narrow stages with that grass growing in the middle of the road.

Circuit of Ireland Rally 2015 | gallery | foto Modlic - excellent ...image.png.f0c80974100878175e7544f05870234b.png

Indonesia: mud, narrow bridges, villages, palm forests, and it's a very nostalgic location for those who played rally games in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Subaru Impreza WRC97 of Kenneth Eriksson at 1997 Rally Indonesia ...image.png.6862c9c1f37c80d4a7b016bd0118a412.pngRally Indonesia - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Corsica: just because we need more tarmac stages and Corsica is classic.

WRC - 2019 Tour de Corse - Preview | Federation Internationale de ...

Kenya: I don't think I need to explain.

Porsche 911 SC Safari - A trend 40 years in the making - Leisure ...

Edited by RGgiac
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

What about a snow rally in Quebec ?

A WRC event did happen there in the 70s (the Molson Criterium of Quebec)

Posted (edited)

13 locations is already a massive amount but the amount of road per locations is low. Imo there's no need to add a lot of new locations, what they need to do is add more unique stages per location. There's only like 20-30km per location, the rest is short and reverse versions of the same road. More stages, and hopefully longer stages too. Also improve the visuals and weather options.

Though if they're going to add another location then another snow location would be nice, only one full snow location as is. Arctic Lapland Rally for example. Assuming they can make Finland look decent this time.

Tarmac physics in DR2.0 aren't particularly great so unless it can be vastly improved for DR3 then gravel and snow locations should be priority.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 5

what about the famous ypres rally?

all the big drivers where there. 

Neuville, McRae, Loix, drogmans, snijers, thiry, meeke, bouffier, lefebvre, abbring,....

35925893_10215321708128297_4519712764117123072_o.jpg

21687877_620462651676303_490932022630056938_n.jpg

20952975_605584519830783_182506791910177950_n.jpg

65850920_1078508565871707_3756415363865116672_o.jpg

36064545_10215328459657081_1200607207939375104_o.jpg

35886920_10215319081902643_6109883203839852544_o.jpg

65806066_1078509485871615_4482687959887249408_o.jpg

80610292_2661777327234977_6136799489005977600_o.jpg

36175968_2115030945487664_2148954326406529024_o.jpg

36233592_2115998122057613_3632827413634744320_o.jpg

65367534_440765839844963_914991728136552448_o.jpg

83.JPG

35476450_2115027655487993_7490164394307878912_o.jpg

94276846_2947227412023299_45761935941042176_o.jpg

ABBRING-DAY1.62-870x580.jpg

83.JPG

65614461_1078509502538280_6973680601140297728_o.jpg

2018-ypres-shakedown-v-lannoo-0014.jpg

55.JPG

• Agree 3

Might come back to this one later with a proper wishlist, but my biggest wish is that they don't do more WRC locations. Rally games have a really annoying tendency to always include the same locations. Sure they are iconic. But when you don't have the license to the championship you have a real opportunity to get amazing rallies that have never been in the WRC

EX WRC rallies are also fine though

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Nice photos @Godderis - think I'm in one of those!

Ypres/Belgium would 100% be top of my wishlist, but TBH I don't mind if they don't introduce any new locations. 

In fact, I'd ideally save completely new countries for DLC and start with 8-10 of the locations from DR2, but done with an extra couple of stages for each. This means a) they don't get accused of selling old content in the same way if the DLC 'seasons' contain, say, 1 new and 1 updated location and b) we're not doing the same 20kms on a loop for 12 stages.

Let's say, 8 locations:

- New Zealand with Kauri or Matira (bit more open farmland, lessen the amount of time on the coastal stage)

- USA with any 2 additional stages

- Germany with some much requested Mosel Valley stages

- Wales with Myherin or Gartheinog/Dyfi

- Finland with a couple of more technical stages (and without the blasted fog!) 

- Scotland (again without fog) and the Griffin stage 

- Sweden with Rammen 

- Monte Carlo (call it France) with a more typical stage without a mountain pass and some small villages; I really enjoyed Curbans-Piegut the year I was there, for example

*I picked these at semi-random, the locations we have in DR2 are all so well modelled - would be just as happy with a different selection

I'd much rather something like this than lose the classic stages we already have in lieu of starting from scratch again personally. 

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
  • Get rid of Australia... very sad they created a location called "Monaro"; albeit a real town... they could have made it "somewhere" in Western Australia, outside of PERTH!

• Keep NZ though... great stages.

• Bring in a rally like Cyprus or Turkey/Jordan. DO NOT make it a fast gravel rally, I want rocks flying in the front of the car, close to cricket ball size, even closer to bowling ball sized! Smash up the front windscreen if you're pushing too hard. Make it a SLOW rally like Greece/Cyprus use to be in real life. Solberg overheating in the Subaru!

• Corse would be great.

• Could i please, please say Tarmac Japan! Remeber CMR... with the Citroen Xsara on the front of the game? I loved Japan with the gutters on the edges of the road and rain 😄 

• Indonesia or Malaysia, where you have NO option of no rain. Light drizzle to torrential. But make it puddlely... I want a challenge with aquaplaning 😄 but also get those cars muddy. MUD

• What about those crazy rallies in Paraguay? 

You know, get the kit on the cars! See attached images.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 11.45.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 11.45.23 pm.png

Edited by MattJelonek
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Get rid of Australia? You want less road to drive on?!

I would rather have them expand the countries they already have, with this stage of Australia for example:
https://youtu.be/k1TVqtRtlMw

As for new added locations: Norway, Ireland and Corsica, in that order, would be my top picks. Would be fantastic to have a second snow rally, experience those unique and narrow Irish roads of RGgiac's post and a third type of tarmac rally, perhaps the stage that ended Group B.

• Agree 2

I’ve been calling for Moll’s Gap in County Kerry, Ireland for a while. It has brilliant cambered sections and ends with a blast out of a junction and past a pub in a stunning setting. Most famously used in Killarney Rally of The Lakes.

Manx Rally/Rally Isle of Man has some brilliantly fast yet narrow stages and more open stages up on the moors. The stage in particular that stands out to me is either of Little London or Druidale - they go through that famous double hairpin at Brandywell Cottage.

I agree with Ypres as suggested above - I think it has a good mix of high speed sections as well as junctions to launch out of. The sting in the tail of Ypres is those ditches!

The only other tarmac I’d like to see (regardless of how much the tarmac physics improve) is some more mileage to Monte Carlo. Some locations are fine as they are but Monte is one of the most limited in terms of the variety the real life event offers. Col de Turini is good, but there can be way more environments from Rallye Monte Carlo to give it some variety.

An extra stage in Argentina is probably the next most needed to add that variety to the event.

I’d also agree with more stage mileage in NZ and Wales - Dyfi in particular I agree with! As NZ is already a stage in Waikato pretending to be a stage in Hawkes Bay I think there’s more scope for Kuri Bush in Otago or one of the Whangarei stages to be included, also as ‘Hawkes Bay’.

I don’t want to just say a country and say add a stage there; this is only helpful if a particular stretch of road is cited (so I fall foul with my suggestion of “one of the Whangarei stages”), or at the very least a specific rally, so the only stages I can definitely pick out are probably going to be an unpopular choice:

Somewhere in England. I’m thinking one of either Gale Rigg, Cropton or Dalby in North Yorkshire or Grizedale in the Lake District.

There are two reasons: 1) I’m British and therefore a little biased towards British rallying heritage and; 2) despite this likely being unpopular because there are already two locations within GB - this could allow the game to do a couple of things: both a domestic British Season before you dip your toe into European or World championship rallies and; combine them all in one to create an old-fashioned RAC Rally.

My last suggestion I’m fully expecting people to not get on board with but hear me out (if you haven’t already got bored of my long-ass post and scrolled past!). Some kind of stage ‘editor’ where you pick a location, for example Baumholder. Then you pick surrounding environment, for example the thick forest of Jämsä. Then you pick the surface, for example the smooth gravel of Perth & Kinross. I just like the idea of some of the current locations but ‘reappropriated’ if you will to be another location by combining stages with different surfaces and different environments.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 5:56 AM, Cordosyl said:

Get rid of Australia? You want less road to drive on?!

I would rather have them expand the countries they already have, with this stage of Australia for example:
https://youtu.be/k1TVqtRtlMw

As for new added locations: Norway, Ireland and Corsica, in that order, would be my top picks. Would be fantastic to have a second snow rally, experience those unique and narrow Irish roads of RGgiac's post and a third type of tarmac rally, perhaps the stage that ended Group B.

Australia is not anything special in this game.

If they made it more nostalgic with having it on the West Coast and naming stages after real places in history. I'm uncertain if they could call a stage Bunnings as that's one of Australia's biggest Hardware stores. But after regions, forrests or roads. Create a Super Special Stage right in the city along the water! Langley Park...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattJelonek said:

Australia is not anything special in this game.

If they made it more nostalgic with having it on the West Coast and naming stages after real places in history. I'm uncertain if they could call a stage Bunnings as that's one of Australia's biggest Hardware stores. But after regions, forrests or roads. Create a Super Special Stage right in the city along the water! Langley Park...

To me its the opposite. NZ is a sleeping pill except the faster sections while Australia always keep me on edge 🙂

I did enjoy the ruts or wear in the road for Australia... but really. I haven't gotten around to driving in any case in Dirt's Australia or NZ... I'm in love with Monte and now Greece. Sweden has been fun competing and practicing for Solberg World Cup.

I know is more than dream have one day some Czech rally locations in game.... but why not have dreams 😄  notice: Dani Sordo said: "those stages makes me little bit scared".

I would say more stages with combined surfaces, like 40% Tarmac and 60% gravel. And more things like watersplash, which you see in WRC for instance 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 10:44 PM, Jack4688 said:

one of the Whangarei stages to be included

Brooks! Sponsorship from Hella lights required...

Rally New Zealand photos - Biante Model Cars - Australian Diecast ...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

More Rallies would be nice ,but I personally think Codies should extend further from the ""One Long Stage split into smaller parts"" concept. Each stage in a rally should be a different one ,varying in length from 7 kms up to 25-30 kms. If they decide to do this with real life stages to replicate into the game , I suggest the following

Greece : New stages in Lamia, like the legendary "Karoutes", "Pavliani" and "Elatia-Rengini" stages.

New Zealand : More stages in the same location

USA : LSPR stages

Germany : Moselland in the vineyards would be really apreciated

Wales : Great Orme or Myherin is cool

Sweden : Sagen stage

Australia : Bunnings stage

And lets not forget the crossover\Super Special stages.

New locations : Japan (Tarmac) , San Remo , Safari Rally Kenya(Pre-2002), Ireland, Portugal. 

All these with new tarmac physics and a new gravel surface model. 

Edited by m260602
  • Like 1