Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 interview with Lee Mather

8 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Nothing is hard if you count doing it horribly as hard. I don't know what does this have to do with how rF2 is harder than F1 games due to it's features. Such as even if I'd spin the exact same way in both games, I'd still lose much more time in rF2 due to it having flat spots.

rFactor 2 has full assist support including steering assist I believe! Some of these are automatically turned on when you launch the game for the first time on a new machine.

Some of the assists I can remember are TC, ABS, Steering, Invulnerability, Auto-Clutch and Auto-Shifting. These aren't documented on the internet so these are just the ones I could remember. 

You say rFactor has a load of assists available, so it's not harder! If you use assists you'll have no flat spots. Your choice.

I don't want to argue, I just can't see that making the game as easy or as hard as you want with or without assists is a problem. It is a business decision as you say. codemasters could sell more copies of the game if the physics were more accurate (as in rFactor), the trouble is it would potentially eat into their profits, a selfish decision in the favour the shareholders and directors only.

Potentially, as they own SMS, they could do a deal for the madness engine and have a better game engine in terms of physics. No development cost there, a license fee maybe, that could make us all happy. codemasters would be in a better position than Rieza, who took on the madness engine for Automobilista 2, obviously they seem to think they can make it pay.

• Disagree 1

With even More Assists Options , (which I understand for the new Drivers out there) it just become more imperative to SPLIT to Leaderboards and Lobbys.

Because currently , you have the situation where the Best Drivers in the World, will still run some Assist combo that doesnt slow them down at all , and makes them more consistent and easier to drive.

This means they are winning the battle, but should not even be in the same Lobby/Leaderboard as the other bloke slugging it out with everything OFF , MAX Difficulty enabled.

If you want to have all abilities and Assists in the same Lobbies and Leaderboards , then some sort of a Handicap system like gholf should be applicable,

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AcidBurn247 said:

With even More Assists Options , (which I understand for the new Drivers out there) it just become more imperative to SPLIT to Leaderboards and Lobbys.

Because currently , you have the situation where the Best Drivers in the World, will still run some Assist combo that doesnt slow them down at all , and makes them more consistent and easier to drive.

This means they are winning the battle, but should not even be in the same Lobby/Leaderboard as the other bloke slugging it out with everything OFF , MAX Difficulty enabled.

If you want to have all abilities and Assists in the same Lobbies and Leaderboards , then some sort of a Handicap system like gholf should be applicable,

There you have a good point, a very good point indeed. And just that would make it more fair. But then again, the same applies to wheel and pad users and do you have to make the split mandatory or not. Competing against better drivers makes you a better driver so I don't want to be ruled out just because I use an assist. And I believe the split options are already in place to a certain extend. The host can make a choice what assists to allow in mp games. The Leaderboards are a different matter. This is complex. If the choice will be to make everything optional you will be spending more time setting up a game than actual playing it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SpringbokGamer said:

I agree with this, but of course we still have to see how the new assists will work in the game. If they're implemented properly, they should always be slower and splitting the leaderboards should not be necessary.

For example the new off track surface assists; I assume this will work as a sort of auto-brake the moment you go off track, If this activates as soon as one wheel goes outside the kerb on run-offs or grass, enabling this will be a major disadvantage as players not running the assist will be able to cary more speed and use more 'track'. Of course this is just speculation at this point, we'll see soon enough in the beta but either way I'd say it's too early to start worrying about it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpringbokGamer said:

Agreed.

Off track assists? How utterly pointless! Even a complete moron knows you shouldn't be off the track, learn to stay on it then build confidence and speed. There is no need to slow a car that's off track, you'll be slower! Unless of course your abusing track limits on the tarmac run off, then you get a penalty. The better option is to have stability control as an assist to prevent spins completely (slowest) then you have traction control, to aid acceleration and controlling oversteer, through to no traction control (fastest) as things are now. With brake assist, anti lock brakes, ideal line, and steering assist what more do you need? Other than the AI driving for you whilst you sit back and watch of course, better off going and watching some real racing, it'll be a cheaper and more informative. Given all the assists we really should have a more realistic physics model...

Using assists should be should be slower for the more skilled players. It forces them to not use assists to be faster. Personally I would say somewhere in the region of 1 to 1.5 second per lap for all assists. A driver could be faster using assists rather than not, but without there is always the potential to be even faster.

Likewise for wheel vs game pad, the wheel must be faster, no hidden game pad assists to compensate! If a gamepad user doesn't like it, go buy a wheel, after all the game pad user is on an even footing with other gamepad users. No doubt a really fast gamepad user will be faster than an average wheel user, but who cares, apples and pears are inherently different!

With online, if your on a gamepad and don't want to be at a disadvantage against wheel users, a simple lobby filter would suffice. The game knows what input device is being used.

Icons can be displayed on the leaderboards for input device and assists used. No need to split leaderboards, a simple filter would suffice. Simply put, total leaderboard regardless of assist or input device, or filtered to the options used by the player. Most leaderboards allow you to compare against friends therefore display all friends times with icons for assists/input device.

But then having said all, why even bother, it's not like codemasters listen...

Edited by ChasteWand
More detail and a rant
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

There you have a good point, a very good point indeed. And just that would make it more fair. But then again, the same applies to wheel and pad users and do you have to make the split mandatory or not. Competing against better drivers makes you a better driver so I don't want to be ruled out just because I use an assist. And I believe the split options are already in place to a certain extend. The host can make a choice what assists to allow in mp games. The Leaderboards are a different matter. This is complex. If the choice will be to make everything optional you will be spending more time setting up a game than actual playing it.

If you feel like opening 200+ lobbies for that 1 lobby where someone is driving with no assists be my guest. Lobbies is dramatic in form of filtering and showing what assists are used. Now you have to open each lobby, go to assist tab and when it's not what you want and back out YOU GO TO THE FRIGGIN HOMESCREEN IN STEAD OF BACK TO LOBBIES!

whoever designed that needs to be fired. Omg.

and screw business model. F1 is a FAN sport, and FANS want a so close to real SIMULATION. That includes handling.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

and screw business model. F1 is a FAN sport, and FANS want a so close to real SIMULATION. That includes handling.

I would consider myself a FAN but I do not want this game to become a real simulation game. 😂😵
what_do.jpg.07d3afa6ba7d1d7561c2501ac87a5d9d.jpg

Edited by LSKone

On 4/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, scottishwildcat said:

Sounds like management game 101 stuff, so far... I know some people love this sort of thing, but it doesn't sound like it will exactly be groundbreaking.

That's my fear as well. I'm really excited about the manager feature but I think it will be something rudimentary that will be fleshed out over the coming years. It would be perfect if you could play the game like a Toto Wolff and let the AI do the driving have fun a whole season and start as a driver if you want to but I guess we will have to wait for that other F1 manager game to get that Toto Wolf feel but it's a shame because Codemasters has the perfect graphics to pull that off. If you look at motor manager it's fun as manager game but sucks in graphics.

Posted (edited)

I thought the graphics in Motorsport manager were decent you just could not get a good camera angle if they did on boards or even a better zoom it would benefit.

I was playing grand prix world mods upto that game so maybe thats why I deem the graphics good 😂

Edited by AdamFreeman

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

. Such as even if I'd spin the exact same way in both games, I'd still lose much more time in rF2 due to it having flat spots

That there is the giveaway answer as to why certain games are easier, or rather more forgiving than others. Mistakes being PUNISHED. In the F1 games as long as you're not deliberately trying to wreck the car almost any mistake will just lose you a couple of seconds. In real life you constantly see frustrated superstar drivers walking angrily back to the pits after a tiny misjudgment. It is that sense of watching them constantly driving right on the edge that inspires awe in us viewers. I just randomly watched a Nurburgring F1 race from the late 90s yesterday. It was full of incidents, mistakes and lead changes and was fascinating to watch. That kind of spectacle just won't happen in an f2 game unless a driver is spectacularly incompetent or deliberately sets out to cause mayhem. When the cost of a single loss of control can effectively ruin your tires ability to remain competitive THAT is realism.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Agreed.

Off track assists? How utterly pointless! Even a complete moron knows you shouldn't be off the track, learn to stay on it then build confidence and speed. There is no need to slow a car that's off track, you'll be slower! Unless of course your abusing track limits on the tarmac run off, then you get a penalty. The better option is to have stability control as an assist to prevent spins completely (slowest) then you have traction control, to aid acceleration and controlling oversteer, through to no traction control (fastest) as things are now. With brake assist, anti lock brakes, ideal line, and steering assist what more do you need? Other than the AI driving for you whilst you sit back and watch of course, better off going and watching some real racing, it'll be a cheaper and more informative. Given all the assists we really should have a more realistic physics model...

Using assists should be should be slower for the more skilled players. It forces them to not use assists to be faster. Personally I would say somewhere in the region of 1 to 1.5 second per lap for all assists. A driver could be faster using assists rather than not, but without there is always the potential to be even faster.

Likewise for wheel vs game pad, the wheel must be faster, no hidden game pad assists to compensate! If a gamepad user doesn't like it, go buy a wheel, after all the game pad user is on an even footing with other gamepad users. No doubt a really fast gamepad user will be faster than an average wheel user, but who cares, apples and pears are inherently different!

With online, if your on a gamepad and don't want to be at a disadvantage against wheel users, a simple lobby filter would suffice. The game knows what input device is being used.

Icons can be displayed on the leaderboards for input device and assists used. No need to split leaderboards, a simple filter would suffice. Simply put, total leaderboard regardless of assist or input device, or filtered to the options used by the player. Most leaderboards allow you to compare against friends therefore display all friends times with icons for assists/input device.

But then having said all, why even bother, it's not like codemasters listen...

Totally agree with the People are saying here!! Finally some good Light.. The lobbies should done in that direction.. Pad Users vs Pad Users.. And wheel Users vs wheel aswell.. And Who uses assists only should run against Who uses too.. That way we Don t run against Morrons and the Online Mode stays much more tight /balanced and clean.. That way should be thinked and followed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Totally agree with the People are saying here!! Finally some good Light.. The lobbies should done in that direction.. Pad Users vs Pad Users.. And wheel Users vs wheel aswell.. And Who uses assists only should run against Who uses too.. That way we Don t run against Morrons and the Online Mode stays much more tight /balanced and clean.. That way should be thinked and followed 

I dont think it's fair to suggest people who use certain legitimate options in a racing game are "morons". Your post pretty much hints that pad and assists users are of limited intelligence? If however you are referring solely to those people to whom a clean race is a complete waste of time then I would agree with you and can think of some far more 'interesting' words than 'moron'!

😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad there is someone standing up for me. Using an occasional assist and being a moderator is a double burden these days 😇

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

That there is the giveaway answer as to why certain games are easier, or rather more forgiving than others. Mistakes being PUNISHED. In the F1 games as long as you're not deliberately trying to wreck the car almost any mistake will just lose you a couple of seconds. In real life you constantly see frustrated superstar drivers walking angrily back to the pits after a tiny misjudgment. It is that sense of watching them constantly driving right on the edge that inspires awe in us viewers. I just randomly watched a Nurburgring F1 race from the late 90s yesterday. It was full of incidents, mistakes and lead changes and was fascinating to watch. That kind of spectacle just won't happen in an f2 game unless a driver is spectacularly incompetent or deliberately sets out to cause mayhem. When the cost of a single loss of control can effectively ruin your tires ability to remain competitive THAT is realism.

I vote for a F1 2020 MALDONADO edition, especially for the Harakiri drivers! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I dont think it's fair to suggest people who use certain legitimate options in a racing game are "morons". Your post pretty much hints that pad and assists users are of limited intelligence? If however you are referring solely to those people to whom a clean race is a complete waste of time then I would agree with you and can think of some far more 'interesting' words than 'moron'!

😁

Mate i am only talking about the People that makes the destruction derby against the others its a completely hobbie for them unfortunelly.. ONLY talking about these "stupid uncleanest Racing guys).. I am a Pad user in consoles and wheel in PC.. So i am not be rude or something like that about the Pad users or Who uses assists.. No nothing like that mate.. I only think if the lobbies were starting to be made based in level in controller device and In assists that are in use i think the Multiplayer stays more ballanced and just for Who loves and wants to race.. Without having anyone behind you and crashing and put you out of the track 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Mate i am only talking about the People that makes the destruction derby against the others its a completely hobbie for them unfortunelly.. ONLY talking about these "stupid uncleanest Racing guys).. I am a Pad user in consoles and wheel in PC.. So i am not be rude or something like that about the Pad users or Who uses assists.. No nothing like that mate.. I only think if the lobbies were starting to be made based in level in controller device and In assists that are in use i think the Multiplayer stays more ballanced and just for Who loves and wants to race.. Without having anyone behind you and crashing and put you out of the track 

Glad you cleared that up! We get new people in the forums all the time especially round this time with a new game (sorry, new RELEASE 😏)  on the horizon. Without them having the hindsight of reading months of assist /control method discussions it can be off putting feeling discriminated against. As you make clear though, if any newcomers are reading this and are interested only in causing carnage and mayhem please, please, PLEASE go somewhere else fast.

@1512marcel

wait you're an ASSIST user?! No no no sir, get thee from me Satan!!

🤣🤣🤣

We're all of equal value in this game and on these forums, whatever our skill, method of control or assist level. But if you start driving into other people deliberately you won't find many new friends here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Glad you cleared that up! We get new people in the forums all the time especially round this time with a new game (sorry, new RELEASE 😏)  on the horizon. Without them having the hindsight of reading months of assist /control method discussions it can be off putting feeling discriminated against. As you make clear though, if any newcomers are reading this and are interested only in causing carnage and mayhem please, please, PLEASE go somewhere else fast.

@1512marcel

wait you're an ASSIST user?! No no no sir, get thee from me Satan!!

🤣🤣🤣

We're all of equal value in this game and on these forums, whatever our skill, method of control or assist level. But if you start driving into other people deliberately you won't find many new friends here.

Hahaha 😃😃

I am going to be sarcástic right now.. Please People if you want to dry outside of the track always Remember that a race is inside the track and not hitting the others ok? If so if exists someone here that loves go outside the track in that case you can review the biggest lesson of a Pro driver "Jarno Trulli" against "Adrian Sutil" in Interlagos circuit😃😃😃(Brazilian Grand Prix of 2012 season 

• Haha 1

Oh good, I can choose to get rid of monaco, which I will right away. That track sucks.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ryne said:

Oh good, I can choose to get rid of monaco, which I will right away. That track sucks.

Someone crashes at the swimming pool chicanes🤣

best part of the track IMO. Get it right and the sensation of speed is nowhere greater than at those chicanes.😍

1 hour ago, Ryne said:

I like that track as I'm usually quick there... except when @kisuke_fly is in front of me 😁

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2020 at 7:07 AM, TomAAA said:

F1 2019 want an upgraded front wing? Spend 800 points on the aero design tree

F1 2020 want an upgraded front wing? Spend X on buying a wind tunnel, then 800 points on aero design tree 

Just another hoop to jump through, as for the 'facilities' will be same as motorhome & garage, identical stock backgrounds just with different team colours 

Also - what do you want to upgrade since you can't understand what the car needs because you don't have telemetry. So you have an entire upgrade system, but nothing in the game to effectively understand how it is (might) actually impacting the car's performance. What's the point?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Also - what do you want to upgrade since you can't understand what the car needs because you don't have telemetry. So you have an entire upgrade system, but nothing in the game to effectively understand how it is (might) actually impacting the car's performance. What's the point?

That s a great and important point you made mate 😃😃.. The system are more or less "Generic" for all entire teams of the game and the changes you do affects a little depending what Team you are driving and compared with their current Seasons real life performance.. Its what seems to me 

Don't mind them adding assists to make things easier, still in hope for a massive upgrade to the damage system, suspension/floor/wing to tyre punctures and better smoke effects for lockups/spins

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I saw that Race too mate.. Johnny Herbert had won and Stewart Done 1st and 3rd place with Rubens Barrichello 😃😃

Edited by CarlosSantos87
  • Like 1