END RIDICOULOUS DRIVING!!!

F1 is a great game!!

However, I am reading more and more about drivers who are ruining this game. Their only target is to crash into their opponent who will then end up losing games and losing bonusses because you were in an accident or shoved through a corner which the game, rightly so, sees as cutting a corner.  I am willing to pay extra (and that might be a solution) to race agains people who race because of racing and not to create mayhem and purposely creating accidents. The people who are doing this should be temporarily banned to keep the game fun. If this doesn't stop I consider quitting..... it is a shame but it just isn't fun anymore...

I agree that it's a mess online, but to be fair there's options if you desperately want some serious and clean racing; you could find a league with serious players and stewarding, or if you're not that dedicated you could set up your own lobby and turn collisions off. Bad players and trolls have always and will always be there in random lobbies, even if you'd ban some of them, new ones would just keep coming. 

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how good the teachers are in a public kids playground you will always find the majority trying to have fun and at least one (alpha male 🙄) is a bully trying to ruin it for someone. You can time the bully out but there's always another one waiting to take his place. The only way round this is to make some friends and organize your own play time, in this case join a league or setup your own lobby (you'll need to disable assists tho if you want to discourage idiot's from joining or staying.

Realistically, the only chance of people getting banned is if you report them every time they do it, using your platform's standard player reporting options. Codemasters will never be able to automatically detect bad behaviour and hand out bans accordingly - if they had the technology to do that, the race penalty system would be way better than it is today.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, VictorvdValk said:

F1 is a great game!!

However, I am reading more and more about drivers who are ruining this game. Their only target is to crash into their opponent who will then end up losing games and losing bonusses because you were in an accident or shoved through a corner which the game, rightly so, sees as cutting a corner.  I am willing to pay extra (and that might be a solution) to race agains people who race because of racing and not to create mayhem and purposely creating accidents. The people who are doing this should be temporarily banned to keep the game fun. If this doesn't stop I consider quitting..... it is a shame but it just isn't fun anymore...

Je zou even kunnen kijken op Invictus racing league. Erg leuke en cleane league 🙂

On 4/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, VictorvdValk said:

F1 is a great game!!

This is actually the entire reason I avoid online racing.  My first and only online race was a lesson in how pathetic some people really are.  😕

Yep, I was so happy about my progress with my iRacing license (about 8 years ago), but in the end I just couldn't take it anymore, being crashed out by some moron behind me late in a race. I tried online with the NBA 2k games years ago, just have a bunch of 3 point spammers that exploit some weakness in the game. 

A month ago, for the first time I tried F1 2019 online and raced about 8 races (ranked/unranked lobbies, can't remember) and in every one I was crashed out by some a hole from behind. I had a few races where I was about to finish on the podium but nope, somewhere on the last lap a holes come along and torpedo me. I was SO FURIOUS words can't describe it. Let's just say I injured my hand in my fury. Done. NO MORE ONLINE anything ever.

Well, first person shooters like Battlefield work okay online but I just don't have interest in playing them these days.

The simple solution to this is if someone crashes into you, only their car gets damage. I know sometimes that might be hard for the AI to discern but in most instances not. I've had numerous online races ruined in the first lap. Then I have to wait another hour for the next GP. But it's not like codemasters takes the players thoughts into account, so it will never happen I guess.