Green sectors

I've found that after several events, where I was getting red sectors no matter how hard I pushed, that I can drive a stage at 30-60mph and get green sectors all the way (first stage in Poland) what gives?

It might be the running order. If you are the first car on the stage there won’t be any other times for you to be slower than, therefore green sector times. 

1 hour ago, RichWard25 said:

It might be the running order. If you are the first car on the stage there won’t be any other times for you to be slower than, therefore green sector times. 

Ah, that could be it - I'll watch for that, though I always see a car pulling off before me (usually of the wrong class* - grr Codemasters), and the occasional car steaming by the side of the road so I never assumed I was first off.

(*so far it's always been a Renault 5 TTurbo even though I'm in the RWD career mode/race)

5 hours ago, trgz said:

Ah, that could be it - I'll watch for that, though I always see a car pulling off before me (usually of the wrong class* - grr Codemasters), and the occasional car steaming by the side of the road so I never assumed I was first off.

(*so far it's always been a Renault 5 TTurbo even though I'm in the RWD career mode/race)

Renault Turbo is in the RWD H3 class. 🙂

2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Renault Turbo is in the RWD H3 class. 🙂

Yeah my point exactly - wrong class AND it obviously isn't shown on the end of stage leaderboard for the very same reason - it rather breaks the 'realism'

In career mode, there are another 4 classes that compete on the same events. I don’t know what platform you are on, but on Xbox you press X on the results screen to change the filter from class to overall and you can see the other classes. For example, in my current championship I’m using Group B 4wd but there are also Group B rwd, Group A, F2 kit car and R2 cars. However, the only results that matter are your class rivals. There is no overall points structure. 

9 hours ago, RichWard25 said:

In career mode, there are another 4 classes that compete on the same events. I don’t know what platform you are on, but on Xbox you press X on the results screen to change the filter from class to overall and you can see the other classes. For example, in my current championship I’m using Group B 4wd but there are also Group B rwd, Group A, F2 kit car and R2 cars. However, the only results that matter are your class rivals. There is no overall points structure. 

Sounds very plausible - I'm on a PC but I'm sure they're pretty identical across the platforms. It's raining today so I'll have a gander at the above - more importantly I shall try getting off the bottom of the leaderboard!