Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

G29 Gas Pedal not recognized - No FFB on high speed

Posted (edited)
  • A short description of the problem:
    • Since I reinstalled windows and F1 my throttle is not recognized by the game. It is using my clutch instead of the throttle. Also I do not have any FFB on straights at higher speeds. 
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):
    • PC
  • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):
  • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):
    • All modes
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?:
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?:
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):
    • Logitech G29
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Muerte1992

So i plugged it in and out and now the forced feedback works and the game recognizes the gas pedal but its always at 100% even if i´m not pressing the throttle

Use Geek Uninstaller to remove GHub then reinstall it. Could be a registry mess up.

stesso mio problema...identico

g29 ultimi driver ultima versiuone f1 2019...disintallato i l game rimesso driver ma ancora problemi....su assetto corsa tutto funziona regolarmente

23 minutes ago, sirbeppe said:

stesso mio problema...identico

g29 ultimi driver ultima versiuone f1 2019...disintallato i l game rimesso driver ma ancora problemi....su assetto corsa tutto funziona regolarmente

English language forum posts only please

I solved it like this: after reinstalling all the logitech software and the drivers of the steering wheel, and after checking that everything works perfectly I opened REGEDIT and exported this:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MediaProperties \ PrivateProperties \ Joystick \ OEM]
and now before starting the game I apply the exported log file and it seems to work. Let me know.

io ho risolso così: dopo aver reinstallato tutto sia il software logitech che i driver del volante, e dopo aver controllato che tutto funzioni perfettamente ho aperto REGEDIT ed esportato questo:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM]
e adesso prima di far partire il gioco applico il file di registro esportato e pare che funzioni. Fatemi sapere.

2 hours ago, neomatrix1977 said:

I solved it like this: after reinstalling all the logitech software and the drivers of the steering wheel, and after checking that everything works perfectly I opened REGEDIT and exported this:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MediaProperties \ PrivateProperties \ Joystick \ OEM]
and now before starting the game I apply the exported log file and it seems to work. Let me know.

io ho risolso così: dopo aver reinstallato tutto sia il software logitech che i driver del volante, e dopo aver controllato che tutto funzioni perfettamente ho aperto REGEDIT ed esportato questo:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM]
e adesso prima di far partire il gioco applico il file di registro esportato e pare che funzioni. Fatemi sapere.

You should not have to apply the registry settings everytime you play.

Only thing that messes up the registry is Project CARS 2 AFAIK, do you have that installed as well?

2 hours ago, neomatrix1977 said:

yes it is true you have to apply it every time you start the game
I only have F1 2019.

Then I would still maintain it is related to software. Other users have reported the exact same issue but resolved it by updating the software. There is no technical feedback on your PC setup.

Posted (edited)

but what software do you mean logitech hub or logitech gaming software. because I have to install both for the steering wheel to work.

however it is a logitech problem. I wrote him let's see what they answer.

Edited by neomatrix1977

So i uninstalled GHUB with Geek and Geek also deleted the registry files. I´ve reinstalled it again and there is still the same problem. I have no idea what I can do. Do I just have to install G-Hub or do I need to install another software? 

With the Throttle at 100 its not possible to play sadly

Posted (edited)

So I tested the Wheel on my PS4. Worked perfectly. Now I checked it again on my pc and out of nowhere the pedals are back to normal but forced feedback ist still ****** up. I feel every bounce on the track but even at 250 km/h i can turn the wheel with 1 finger all around. I am getting so frustrated.

Edit: So i basically have no FFB from the tires itself

Edited by Muerte1992

1 hour ago, Muerte1992 said:

So I tested the Wheel on my PS4. Worked perfectly. Now I checked it again on my pc and out of nowhere the pedals are back to normal but forced feedback ist still ****** up. I feel every bounce on the track but even at 250 km/h i can turn the wheel with 1 finger all around. I am getting so frustrated.

Edit: So i basically have no FFB from the tires itself

@Muerte1992 Uninstall the Aura software. Tell me the make and model of the mainboard as the dxdiag does not have it.

@neomatrix1977 Logitech recommend using G-Hub for all their peripherals. 

I know the older wheels like G27 and earlier require an older version of LGS (5.10). Unfortunately I don't have a G29 to test. I used to have a G920 but I have a T300 now.

I stopped using the G920 before G-Hub was meant to support the wheels. Looking at logitech community, more than a few users have issues with G-Hub.

LGS 9.02.65 I think is the latest LGS. Try this please. (Logitech FTP server seems to agree, who knows how long that will be around for? Logitech support search is awful.)

When you have the LGS installed, check the function in the Windows Control Panel (all the buttons and pedals, paddles will map to a button). If they all work, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and relaunch your game. Remove any redundant G29 profiles that Steam has restored. Use the default G29 profile in F1 to test all the buttons work in game, then and only then, remap just what you need to change.

Save the new profile with a unique name. Play. 

Let me know how it goes.

Posted (edited)

So I uninstalled G Hub and installed LGS. The Clutch is the throttle again but at least I can fix that in reassigning the throttle. But FFB is gone at all. If I bounce into a wall nothing happens or if I lose grip and start to spin there is still no FFB. I´ve tested to turn FFB on and off changed the setting still no FFB.

Aura is not installed anymore since I´ve reinstalled windows. 

My Mainboard: Asus Maximus Hero X 

Here is my current DxDiag file and many thanks for helping me 🙂

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Muerte1992

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, Muerte1992 said:

So I uninstalled G Hub and installed LGS. The Clutch is the throttle again but at least I can fix that in reassigning the throttle. But FFB is gone at all. If I bounce into a wall nothing happens or if I lose grip and start to spin there is still no FFB. I´ve tested to turn FFB on and off changed the setting still no FFB.

Aura is not installed anymore since I´ve reinstalled windows. 

My Mainboard: Asus Maximus Hero X 

Here is my current DxDiag file and many thanks for helping me 🙂

DxDiag.txt

The Aura device must be in the BIOS, it's still listed in the dxdiag. The manual refers to the control (I've taken the liberty of posting the German)

LED-Beleuchtung

Wenn das System im Betriebsmodus ist Dieses Element ermöglicht Ihnen das Ein- oder Ausschalten der RGB LED-Beleuchtung, wenn sich das System im Betriebsmodus befindet.

Konfigurationsoptionen: [On] [Off]

Wenn das System im Ruhezustand, Tiefschlafmodus oder Soft-Off-Modus ist Dieses Element ermöglicht Ihnen das Ein- oder Ausschalten der RGB LED-Beleuchtung, wenn sich das System im Ruhezustand, Tiefschlafmodus oder Soft-Off-Modus befindet.

Konfigurationsoptionen: [On] [Off]

I have a tale of my old board and T300 that would not turn off until I disabled ErP support. Looking at the manual, can you try ensuring the G29 is plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports labelled (3)? Try not to use the USB 3.1 or the front panel connector or a hub (I see the keyboard has one, don't use it for the wheel).

Also if the Razer Mouse and G19 Keyboard are plugged into one of the USB 3.1 ports and any RGB effects are turned off. Also, once any service software has been used to update the firmware in either, just uninstall it for troubleshooting.

Don't plug the G29 PSU into a surge socket either. Direct to the wall mains outlet is best. If you must use a gang socket, try removing as many other devices as possible.

Edited by steviejay69
Wrong mainboard!

Posted (edited)

ME Firmware update is not supporting my motherboard. What do I need to do instead?

My Mainboard is the Maximus Hero X  not the Maximus Hero XI

Edited by Muerte1992
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Muerte1992 said:

ME Firmware update is not supporting my motherboard. What do I need to do instead?

PM sent.

Edited by steviejay69

On 4/30/2020 at 1:13 AM, steviejay69 said:

This is a GHub issue. Update GHub to the latest version to fix the issue.

Hey I am having the same problem with my pedals on g hub if I uninstall g hub can I use the gaming software instead

1 hour ago, jaydemo said:

Hey I am having the same problem with my pedals on g hub if I uninstall g hub can I use the gaming software instead

It's not recommended to use both. Plus, Logitech only officially support GHub.

I have exactly the same problem, could you solve it? Manually modifying HKEY works? So we can play, I have F1 2020 for 1 month and I have played 1hs.DxDiag.txt